Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Calling white men racist seems to be the new "have you stopped beating your wife"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seer View Post
    But, but you're a girl!
    Oh. Except I have heard that girls tend to fight dirty when they bother to fight.
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

The state of affairs in Liberal America...

Ohio State tells students only white people can be racist
      A workshop held at Ohio State University on Tuesday taught white student attendees about their “privilege,” how to not act racist, and that it’s impossible for white people to be victims of racism and only white people can be racist.
      https://www.thecollegefix.com/ohio-s...le-can-racist/

Black People/minorities Can't Be Racist
      https://www.pambazuka.org/governance...%99t-be-racist
      https://star.txstate.edu/2016/02/bla...and-heres-why/
      https://www.elitedaily.com/life/cult...racist/1960206

You Can’t Be Racist Against White People
      https://medium.com/@CyanideBlue/you-...e-d779e7531547
      https://hellogiggles.com/news/racism...it-never-will/
      https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b07addcb45da97
      https://www.dailydot.com/irl/racism-...-doesnt-exist/

Comment

Ironic that OSU would preach about white privilege when three of the most powerful people in the school's administration - the president, the director of student life, and the athletic director - are all black.
        Last edited by Mountain Man; 03-08-2019, 05:12 PM.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
          Sooner or later, every one of us is confronted with questions to which we are not expected to be able to answer. One of the toughest and most common is the infamous loaded question, “Have you stopped beating your wife?” which implies that you have indeed been beating your wife. Some people actually DO beat their wives. But what of those of us who don't? How do we answer that loaded assumption without agreeing with it? How do we NOT give an answer without appearing evasive or silently confirmatory?

It has occurred to me that the latest loaded assumption "you're a racist" is one of those unbeatable loaded propositions. What do I mean?

A white guy gets called a racist. How can he defend himself? Are his accusers going to take his word for it that he isn't? How about the word of his white friends? If he even mentions that there are minorities that can vouch for him, he's accused of employing tokenism, and then again, accused of racism for the "token". Despite what the minority individual says, they are testifying for a racist and are just there to be a distraction from his racism.

Or what if he realizes all of this is a no-win situation and just agrees that there is no way he can prove otherwise, should he just say he is a racist?

All the bases are covered! So, you DO beat your wife...
          Therefore, white men have not stopped beating their wives. . .

No one has claimed all white men are racist . . .

. . . but racism is the dominant way of relationships among white men toward blacks. I really like the tokenism of one black in ceremonies, and representation among Republican white politicians. I grew up in a racist Southern family and things have not changed much in over fifty years. The code words are still there.
          Last edited by shunyadragon; 03-08-2019, 05:23 PM.
          Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
          Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
          But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Sooner or later, every one of us is confronted with questions to which we are not expected to be able to answer. One of the toughest and most common is the infamous loaded question, “Have you stopped beating your wife?” which implies that you have indeed been beating your wife. Some people actually DO beat their wives. But what of those of us who don't? How do we answer that loaded assumption without agreeing with it? How do we NOT give an answer without appearing evasive or silently confirmatory?
            Easy. You say "I never started beating my wife."

It's a bit odd that "When have you stopped beating your wife?" has become the go-to example of a question that's phrased in a way that it can't be answered when, at least to me, it seems there is an easy answer.

A better example of a statement (albeit not a question, admittedly) that someone can claim victory with your answer no matter what is if someone claims you're argumentative. If you accept it or say nothing, it means you admit you're argumentative. If you say you're not, then they can just say "See? You're arguing with me right now!"

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
              "You're obviously in denial."

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                Except they have.

Prof: ‘ALL white people are racist,’ ‘ALL men are sexist’

A Georgetown University law professor recently claimed that “ALL white people are racist” and “ALL men are sexist.”

“Yes, ALL white people are racist. Yes, ALL men are sexist. Yes, ALL cis people are transphobic,” Adjunct Professor Preston Mitchum stated in a recent tweet, saying “we have to unpack that. That’s the work.”

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=9480

Liberal professor: All white people are racist no matter what
                (INTELLIHUB) — In yet another “Dear White People” article from a hard left extremist, Emory University professor George Yancy has published a Christmas Eve message in the New York Times aimed at all white people – you are racist no matter what.
                https://www.intellihub.com/liberal-p...ist-no-matter/

Comment

Then, of course, there's "critical race theory" which essentially condemns all white people as racist.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    Then, of course, there's "critical race theory" which...
                    MM doesn't understand, since he thinks it
                    ... essentially condemns all white people as racist.
                    Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                    MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

"Have you stopped becoming a pathological liar who gets arrested for flashing elderly people? " my question to him. Are white newborns racist too.
                      Last edited by JohnHermes; 03-11-2019, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                        Therefore, white men have not stopped beating their wives. . .
                        And we have no way to prove otherwise.

Yes. They have. And we have no longer have a way of denying it.

. . . but racism is the dominant way of relationships among white men toward blacks.
                        Horse crap.

I really like the tokenism of one black in ceremonies, and representation among Republican white politicians. I grew up in a racist Southern family and things have not changed much in over fifty years. The code words are still there.
                        Thanks for admitting to being a racist.
                        That's what
                        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
                          And you get rebutted with "all men beat their wives". And suddenly you bear the burden of proof against someone that will not take any evidence to the contrary.

It's a bit odd that "When have you stopped beating your wife?" has become the go-to example of a question that's phrased in a way that it can't be answered when, at least to me, it seems there is an easy answer.
                          Not when the accuser will only take answers they have predetermined, in that case yes or no, and any attempt to deviate is met with derision for avoiding the question. You simply can't reason with people like that.

A better example of a statement (albeit not a question, admittedly) that someone can claim victory with your answer no matter what is if someone claims you're argumentative. If you accept it or say nothing, it means you admit you're argumentative. If you say you're not, then they can just say "See? You're arguing with me right now!"
                          True. Same basic process.
                          That's what
                          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Yes. They have.
                            Even more ridiculously, some of those claimants were themselves white men who didn't admit to being racist.
                            Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                            MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                              Even more ridiculously, some of those claimants were themselves white men who didn't admit to being racist.
                              Damned racists!
                              That's what
                              - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Ignorant Roy View Post
                                MM doesn't understand, since he thinks it
                                Mountain Man does, in fact, understand it quite well. Of course your comment should have been dismissed without response since you never brothered to demonstrate in what way Mountain Man supposedly doesn't understand.

Critical race theorists do not merely look at racial questions. Like zealots, they give answers; they preach a doctrine, seek converts, and condemn nonbelievers. Indeed, CRT is the primary source of Orwellian "hate speech" proposals.

Columbia law professor Patricia Williams offers a disturbing glimpse into the logic of CRT. Williams recounts the story of a hypothetical question that she was once asked to consider, where X and Y apply for a job with firm Z, which is all white. X and Y are equally qualified. One is black; the other is white. The questions asked: Who should get the job? Williams' answer is worth repeating at length, as a window into an ideology that is not taken as seriously as it should be:

'The black person should get the job. If the modem white man, innocently or not, is the inheritor of another's due, then it must be returned.'

Williams continues:

'... [I]f a thief steals so that his children may live in luxury and the law returns his ill gotten gain to its rightful owner, the children cannot complain that they have been deprived of what they did not own. Blacks have earned a place in this society; they have earned a share of its enormous wealth, with physical labor and intellectual sacrifice, as wages and as royalties. Blacks deserve their inheritance as much as family wealth passed from parent to child over the generations is a "deserved" inheritance. It is deserved as child support and alimony.'

So whites should collectively be treated as the children of thieves, and blacks collectively deserve to have returned to them what was stolen from their black forebears by those white thieves. This is the seething, irrational ideology at the foundation of CRT.

https://www.americanthinker.com/arti...esentment.html

Comment