Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Tucker Carlson, and comments on the history of FOX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Not everyone. But in this case, you are at fault. I have no clue what you imagined in that text pix. But there is nothing in it that does not equally target both sides of the debate, that does not simply say there is a lot of hypocrisy on both sides and that neither side is willing to entertain the possibility people change, people can get better, people can realize they were wrong and try to do better.

Now, what could there possibly be that would warrant and argument in statements like that?

Yet there you are, still pickin a fight.

Jim

And yet, you’re earlier statement said nothing of the sort. Must be fun to change up the goalpost and pretend you never did. Neat trick.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Perhaps. And I'm sure it goes both ways. In fact, I know it does. One word: Breitbart.

But neither you nor pix nor MM can stand the idea it's both sides. The OTHER side MUST be a demon. But if we continue this way, it will be the death of our republic. So I hope both sides wise up to the fact we are all people, sometimes with different opinions, but mostly just trying to do what will be best overall.

Jim
      Let there be peace on earth, and let it begin with you...........

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Speaking of Breitbart, they recently published a story suggesting that this entire thing could be payback by Media Matters because Tucker exposed them in a series of articles published in 2012:

Source: Breitbart

The controversial group’s anti-Carlson campaign may be more personal. Carlson previously caused severe credibility issues for Media Matters when, as the founder and editor of The Daily Caller, he released a seminal series of investigative reports in 2012 first exposing controversial Media Matters tactics, including reportedly assembling an enemies list and discussing a plan to possibly investigate the personal lives of Fox News employees.

The Daily Caller series was launched with a news-making piece co-authored by Carlson himself citing internal memos and sources revealing close coordination between Media Matters and the Obama White House, reportedly including holding a weekly strategy call with Obama administration officials.

That piece by Carlson was titled, “Inside Media Matters: Sources, memos reveal erratic behavior, close coordination with White House and news organizations.”

The investigative report took direct aim at longtime Hillary Clinton ally David Brock, who founded Media Matters seven years earlier. Carlson’s article cited sources describing the Media Matters founder as displaying erratic behavior and fostering a workplace environment of paranoia.

...a Media Matters memo had advocated for a project that would, among other things, investigate the personal lives of Fox News employees.

“We must take Fox News head-on in a well-funded, presidential-style campaign to discredit and embarrass the network, making it illegitimate in the eyes of news consumers,” the memo read, according to the report.

“We should hire private investigators to look into the personal lives of Fox News anchors, hosts, reporters, prominent contributors, senior network and corporate staff,” the memo continued.

The Daily Caller’s probes of Media Matters received widespread attention within conservative and independent media spheres, including prominent links at the Drudge Report, coverage at Fox News and numerous articles by this reporter.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...atives-in-2012

© Copyright Original Source

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Perhaps. And I'm sure it goes both ways. In fact, I know it does. One word: Breitbart.

But neither you nor pix nor MM can stand the idea it's both sides. The OTHER side MUST be a demon. But if we continue this way, it will be the death of our republic. So I hope both sides wise up to the fact we are all people, sometimes with different opinions, but mostly just trying to do what will be best overall.

Jim
          I like how you complain about demonizing your opponents while going on to do the same thing. You just love being a self righteous hypocrite, huh?
          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
            Disagree.
            Sorry, but you're disagreeing with what's fact. It is fact that the two channels (main Fox channel and Fox News) are run by different people. Yes, they are owned by the same parent company, but the people actually in charge of running those channels are different. That's why you'll see a good amount of the programming on Fox lean heavily liberal (e.g. Family Guy), in considerable contrast to the conservative Fox News.

Comment

I didn't see where Carlson expressed hatred for women.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                Wait a minute: when has Breitbart ever dug through someone's past with the intent of destroying their careers and livelihoods? I don't recall ever seeing such an article, but I don't read everything they publish, so possibly I simply missed it. Nor do I think they have a paid staff whose sole propose is to manufacture such articles.
                that is what I want oxmixmudd to tell us. I also want to know when he thinks this division of the country happened.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                  Let there be peace on earth, and let it begin with you...........
                  That is a nice song ...

I'm trying mossy. I guess you don't see that ... yet?

Jim
                  My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Oh, I'm sure someone sufficiently determined could find something.
                    I'm sure if they crossed the line from what is publicly available to digging deep into my personal affairs there would be some dirt to find. Nothing horrific or disqualifying, but embarrassing I'm sure. But that is not what we are talking about. This was something he did publicly. The problem was he thought it was all great stuff at the time. And maybe still does.

But those were the qualifications I gave. Publicly recorded or witnessed events. There just isn't anything like that that I would need to be worried about in my past.

Jim
                    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 03-12-2019, 11:37 PM.
                    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      Not really.
                      Well - keep looking.

Jim

Comment

Wait a minute: when has Breitbart ever dug through someone's past with the intent of destroying their careers and livelihoods? I don't recall ever seeing such an article, but I don't read everything they publish, so possibly I simply missed it. Nor do I think they have a paid staff whose sole propose is to manufacture such articles.
                        My guess is that you don't recall that because you think the people they have gone after and smeared actually deserved the stories written about them, just like many liberals believe Carlson has deserved the stories about him. My guess would be that the people that see things from the liberal point of view don't see media matters as any more vindictive than you see Breitbart. Because they figure the people they go after really are bad eggs and deserve to have their badness exposed, just like you do about the people Breitbart has 'exposed'.

It's all part of the whole 'demonize the other guy' gig.

Case in point: What would you call seeking out and posting a leaked video of Google execs reacting to the election by crying? Or attacking George Ciccariello-Maher and jeapordizing his career?

You probably think they deserved to be served up this way. But hey - liberals and other decent folk offended by what Carlson said may also think Carlson deserved to be served up this way.

What's the difference MM? They are doing the same things. You just happen to think the people and organizations breitbart goes after deserve it and the people and organizations the other guys go after don't.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                          I didn't see where Carlson expressed hatred for women.
                          Mike, he said women were extremely primitive, he felt sorry for unattractive women, then utilized the horrific word for a woman's below parts to describe women. He also essentially defended Warren Jeffs. Misogyny is defined as the hatred, contempt or prejudice against women. And in saying those things, he showed sexual discrimination which is extremely prejudicial and yes fits prejudice since women are clearly only sex objects. Societally its hateful. I know of no reason why these comments are in anyway defensible under any biblical rule and I know of know reason why anyone who even remotely declares themsseves a reader of the Bible would be defending Carlson.
                          A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                          George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                            So, the leeches at Media Matters, whose ADMITTED PURPOSE is to dig through every piece of old tape they can find to destroy Conservatives, find some OLD footage of a shock jock interview, and try to use it to blackmail Tucker's sponsors. That's pretty classy. 15 year old shock jock footage...
                            Yeah right. "15 year old shock jock footage" where Carlson called women ‘extremely primitive’ and ‘like dogs’, Britney Spears and Paris Hilton “two of the biggest white whores in America” and for which he still refuses to apologize. Great stuff for the religious right Trump supporters.
                            “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                              Isn't Bubba the Love Sponge also the guy who derailed Hulk Hogan's career?
                              There's a thing on YouTube -- I tripped over it yesterday, and it may even be among today's excretion from Media that Doesn't Really Matter -- with Tucker, the Hulkster, Bubba, et al.
                              Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                                It sets an awful precedent to be going through everybody's past with everything (Brett Kavanaugh, Ralph Northam, etc.) and I'm generally not inclined to feed this particular outrage industry. However, since he's doubling down on everything he said, and the Warren Jeffs stuff is outright pedophilia, this creates a problem, to say the least. Since I've never watched his show in my life, though, to me, he's just another celebrity.
                                What do you mean by "he's doubling down." You make it sound as though he is currently endorsing those past comments. I have seen none of that. I merely see him refusing to bow to the Fake Outrage mob.
                                Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment