Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Tucker Carlson, and comments on the history of FOX

Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Tucker Carlson, and comments on the history of FOX

Source: https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/11/media/tucker-carlson-misogynistic-comments/index.html

Tucker Carlson refuses to apologize for his misogynistic remarks

New York (CNN Business)In the same week that Fox News is holding a big event for advertisers to promote its news brand, the network is battling multiple controversies about offensive remarks made by its right-wing hosts.

In one of the cases, Fox is distancing itself from Jeanine Pirro's remarks about Congresswoman Ilhan Omar's Islamic religious beliefs.
    But so far the network is not commenting on the case involving Tucker Carlson, who was called out by a progressive group for a history of misogynistic comments about women.
    In the years before Carlson became a Fox host, he called into the "Bubba the Love Sponge" radio show and delighted the shock jock by saying all sorts of crude things.
    Media Matters for America, a progressive press watchdog which campaigns against Fox, obtained and published some of the audio clips on Sunday.

© Copyright Original Source

FOX has been tRump's sweetheart media source, and source of his White House staff.

As a side note I observe a great deal of very dark and violent TV series on FOX.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by shunyadragon View Post
    As a side note I observe a great deal of very dark and violent TV series on FOX.
    The people who run Fox News have basically nothing to do with the programming on the main Fox channel, and vice versa.

Department Head
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terraceth View Post
    The people who run Fox News have basically nothing to do with the programming on the main Fox channel, and vice versa.
    They also had nothing to do with the programing for MSNBC 10 years ago. this is a case of Media Matters doing it's normal bullying tactic of fake outrage to try and shut down views it does not like and CNN going along with the bullying like they always do towards those who won't tow the false narrative they want to disseminate
    Last edited by RumTumTugger; 03-11-2019 at 09:49 PM.

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by shunyadragon View Post
    Source: https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/11/media/tucker-carlson-misogynistic-comments/index.html

Tucker Carlson refuses to apologize for his misogynistic remarks

New York (CNN Business)In the same week that Fox News is holding a big event for advertisers to promote its news brand, the network is battling multiple controversies about offensive remarks made by its right-wing hosts.

In one of the cases, Fox is distancing itself from Jeanine Pirro's remarks about Congresswoman Ilhan Omar's Islamic religious beliefs.
    But so far the network is not commenting on the case involving Tucker Carlson, who was called out by a progressive group for a history of misogynistic comments about women.
    In the years before Carlson became a Fox host, he called into the "Bubba the Love Sponge" radio show and delighted the shock jock by saying all sorts of crude things.
    Media Matters for America, a progressive press watchdog which campaigns against Fox, obtained and published some of the audio clips on Sunday.

© Copyright Original Source

FOX has been tRump's sweetheart media source, and source of his White House staff.

Tucker Carlson reflects the misogynistic view of Donald Trump as does Fox News. In general Fox reflects everything about Trump favorably, albeit dishonestly according to New Yorker staff writer Jane Mayer, who published a thoroughly reported exposé about Fox News:

“In adding detail about the genesis of both Fox News and its symbiosis with Trump, Mayer offers a clear picture of how the network and this White House have exploited American misconceptions and resentments, all of which endanger the fundamental notions of a functional democracy. Through the network’s undue influence on Trump, it perpetuates cruel and harmful policy every day that he stays in the White House. Fox has created a monster, and by working in tandem, both the network and the president whom it sponsors are now significant threats to the overall health of the republic”.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...yorker-805485/
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Faith
    Full Gospel Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Tucker's show is my favorite of the weekday shows. (Gutfeld's is my favorite overall.) I hope he continues to refuse to apologize. He said that the network is standing behind him. Frankly, I'm not real confident that will continue as more "shocking" tapes are released.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Nationalist.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terraceth View Post
    Disagree.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Faith
    Unspecified
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by RumTumTugger View Post
    They also had nothing to do with the programing for MSNBC 10 years ago. this is a case of Media Matters doing it's normal bullying tactic of fake outrage to try and shut down views it does not like and CNN going along with the bullying like they always do towards those who won't tow the false narrative they want to disseminate
    Bullying? Oh brother.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I like this idea that anybody in the public eye is supposed to have lived a perfect life prior to becoming famous. Unless you're a liberal like Joy Reid, and then you can say the most hateful, bigoted things imaginable and get a pass.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

10. Amen RumTumTugger, Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    I like this idea that anybody in the public eye is supposed to have lived a perfect life prior to becoming famous. Unless you're a liberal like Joy Reid, and then you can say the most hateful, bigoted things imaginable and get a pass.
    Or be an unrepentant racists like Sarah Jeong who the New York Times hired to be part of their editorial board.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)