Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Answering An Argument Against God's Ordination of All Things

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    I know some people who have used that argument.
    I know some people who make awfully silly arguments, but I don't start threads on them.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    If God ordains everything that comes to pass, hen this would be inconsistent with the teaching of 1 Corinthians 10:13, which teaches that God will provide a way to escape the temptation to sin.
    I believe that believers have free will, and thus God does not make every decision. Yet God remains in complete control, because only within his will is there freedom, only within his will is there free will. So I prefer the phrase "God is in complete control" to "God ordains everything," since as you point out, the latter phrase gets into difficulty.

Blessings,
    Lee
    "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Christianbookworm View Post
    Are there actually any twebbers that think God actually is fully equivalent to an author? Because fictional characters have no choice but be whatever the writer has them to be.
    I believe that a number of authors have argued to the contrary with regard to their fictional characters
    και εκζητησατε με και ευρησετε με οτι ζητησετε με εν ολη καρδία υμων

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    One of the strongest verses one could argue for the ordination of all things is Amos 3:6, which in my limited experience Arminians have not done a good job explaining. ("When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble? When disaster comes to a city, has not the LORD caused it?") NIV
    For what was given to everyone for the use of all, you have taken for your exclusive use. The earth belongs not to the rich, but to everyone. - Ambrose, 4th century AD

All cruelty springs from weakness. - Seneca the Younger

5. Amen lee_merrill amen'd this post.