Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jedidiah -- Tom

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Jedidiah -- Tom

It is with joy and grief that we share the news with you of Grandpa Jed's passing yesterday after his battle with cancer.

We rejoice that he is healed and in the Lord's presence today, and grieve because his passing leaves a huge empty space in our family here at Tweb.

Tom was a member here for almost as long as I can remember and on staff for a number of years. He loved to be known as Tweb's official Grandpa. His faithfulness to God and to us was apparent over the years, and his conviction throughout his illness that he was in God's hands regardless of the outcome of the disease was a blessing to all of us who knew him.

Most of us never met him here on this earth, but I know that many of us look forward to that day when we will be reunited in Glory.

See you in the Morning, Tom.
    Last edited by mossrose; 03-13-2019 at 10:22 AM.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The Angels beckoned him from Heaven's open door, and he won't feel at home in this world anymore.
    I have called you my friends.... Jesus
    Jn 15:15

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I had the honor of knowing him in real life. He was a fellow Barstow resident from way back, and still has family here though they grow fewer.

He was a loving, compassionate man full of passion for God and His word.

There is no knocking on heaven's door....it opens wide under the blood of Jesus.

Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Memory eternal, Tom.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Professor and Chaplain Littlejoe's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Tom, you will be truly missed in this world and here on TWEB. RIP my friend!

"What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

High Priestess of the Pot Stirrers ke7ejx's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    May light perpetual shine upon him. Rest in peace and rise in glory, Jed.
    I am Punkinhead.

"I have missed you, Oh Grand High Priestess of the Order of the Stirring Pot"

~ Cow Poke aka CP aka Creacher aka ke7ejx's apprentice....

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Tom, I was blessed to have known you online, and look forward to the day we meet in person in heaven.

God, family, chicken! Bill the Cat's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Tom, I remember when you joined TWeb as Beeman. Your stories about keeping bees were fascinating to me. You fought the good fight, and now have met your reward. I envy your glimpse of glory and I am saddened by the hole you have left in our hearts. Be blessed, brother, until we meet again.

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    It was both an honor and a pleasure to know Tom for the all too short time that I did. And it'll be both an honor and pleasure to meet him in our Father's house. Hopefully he'll have a bunch of bacon[1] waiting. Crispy of course

1. Thus winning the thread in accordance to the rule named after him.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

Department Head Apologiaphoenix's Avatar
    Faith
    Trinitarian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Tom. Thanks for being so supportive also of Allie and I together. I always liked to see a comment from you. I look forward to seeing you again.