Announcement

Collapse

Memorial Garden Guidelines

This forum is to remember all friends and family who passed from this earth. We were lucky to know them, let us encourage one another with their memories.
This is not a debate area, nor a place to speak ill of the dead.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Jedidiah -- Tom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jedidiah -- Tom

It is with joy and grief that we share the news with you of Grandpa Jed's passing yesterday after his battle with cancer.

We rejoice that he is healed and in the Lord's presence today, and grieve because his passing leaves a huge empty space in our family here at Tweb.

Tom was a member here for almost as long as I can remember and on staff for a number of years. He loved to be known as Tweb's official Grandpa. His faithfulness to God and to us was apparent over the years, and his conviction throughout his illness that he was in God's hands regardless of the outcome of the disease was a blessing to all of us who knew him.

Most of us never met him here on this earth, but I know that many of us look forward to that day when we will be reunited in Glory.

See you in the Morning, Tom.
    Last edited by mossrose; 03-13-2019, 12:22 PM.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

The Angels beckoned him from Heaven's open door, and he won't feel at home in this world anymore.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I had the honor of knowing him in real life. He was a fellow Barstow resident from way back, and still has family here though they grow fewer.

He was a loving, compassionate man full of passion for God and His word.

There is no knocking on heaven's door....it opens wide under the blood of Jesus.
      Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Memory eternal, Tom.
        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Tom, you will be truly missed in this world and here on TWEB. RIP my friend!

"What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

May light perpetual shine upon him. Rest in peace and rise in glory, Jed.
            I am Punkinhead.

"I have missed you, Oh Grand High Priestess of the Order of the Stirring Pot"

~ Cow Poke aka CP aka Creacher aka ke7ejx's apprentice....

Comment

Tom, I was blessed to have known you online, and look forward to the day we meet in person in heaven.

Comment

Tom, I remember when you joined TWeb as Beeman. Your stories about keeping bees were fascinating to me. You fought the good fight, and now have met your reward. I envy your glimpse of glory and I am saddened by the hole you have left in our hearts. Be blessed, brother, until we meet again.
                That's what
                - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

It was both an honor and a pleasure to know Tom for the all too short time that I did. And it'll be both an honor and pleasure to meet him in our Father's house. Hopefully he'll have a bunch of bacon[1] waiting. Crispy of course

1. Thus winning the thread in accordance to the rule named after him.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Tom. Thanks for being so supportive also of Allie and I together. I always liked to see a comment from you. I look forward to seeing you again.

Comment

You are gone from this world and will be missed but we shall meet face to face in the next and what a joy that will be.

Comment

We sent a nice Peace Lily plant and a card to Tom's wife on behalf of everyone here at Theologyweb.

Comment

Comment

He was a wonderful person. May he rest in peace.
                            "Concentrate on what you have to do. Fix your eyes on it. Remind yourself that your task is to be a good human being; remind yourself what nature demands of people. Then do it, without hesitation, and speak the truth as you see it. But with kindness. With humility. Without hypocrisy."
                            -Marcus Aurelius

Comment

I was hoping to meet him one day, and I will. It'll just have to be delayed for a while longer. RIP.
                              "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X