Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Beto O'Dork Dives In...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beto O'Dork Dives In...

The poster boy for white privilege doesn't have a chance in the Dem primary...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...dent-2020.html
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Amazingly he never took PAC money for his campaign though
    A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
    George Bernard Shaw

Comment

https://babylonbee.com/news/activisi...kes-pro-skater

That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

after New York elected AOC, nothing would surprise me.

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
          Amazingly he never took PAC money for his campaign though
          According to OpenSecrets.Org he got $83,441 from PACs although elsewhere they list Democracy Engine (a liberal PAC that operates in a gray area thus avoiding the technical designation of PAC) as giving him $108,307.

He also received $150,384 through JStreetPAC. This PAC didn't give any money to Beto but rather collected it from others, hence the emphasis on "through."

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Go to 2:18
            That's what
            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

“Beto” is whiter than Uncle Ben’s converted rice.

Yeah, I picked the title from the body of the article!

For those who want to know a little about Beto, here's a TOTALLY unbiased* summary of who he is.

Whatta Bunch of Phony Baloneys

Have you ever seen so much mendacity and womendacity at once? Whatta bunch of phony baloneys!

It was bound to happen in the Democrat-Left Age of Intersectionality. In an era where you lose “society-advantage points” for being White, more points for being male, more for having progenitor roots anywhere in Europe, and a few more for being all three plus “straight”… In such a society, it was bound to happen that imposters would start emerging — even among candidates for the nation’s highest office and among their biggest donors — claiming false identities. Remember Rachel Dolezal, the Caucasian of European lineage, who rose to head an NAACP chapter by falsely presenting as Black? Now they all seem to be prescribed medical formulations of Dolezal.

Let’s start with Beto the Skate-o. I initially was fooled into thinking that Beto O’Rourke was some Mexican-American, or whatever, who was running in Texas for Senate against Ted Cruz. Who names a kid “Beto” if not a Hispanic family? There are no “Beto” personalities in the Bible. I figured the guy was Latino, maybe Chicano, pitching for that vote down in El Paso.

Although Karl Rove of Texas refused to call Beto by his sobriquet, insisting on calling him “Robert Francis” O’Rourke, Rove failed to clarify why he denied the Skateboard King his moniker. So look deeper: His Dad is Pat Francis O’Rourke. Irish. The Mom is Melissa Martha Williams O’Rourke. “Beto” is of Irish and Welsh ancestry. Hmm. So what’s with the “Beto”? The presumed underprivileged Hispanic life that he overcame to rise and raise $80 million from around the country against Ted Cruz?

Turns out that this guy is the Most White Privileged Male in the whole country! How many Americans know this about “El Beto”?
              1. Mom was stepdaughter of President John F. Kennedy’s Secretary of the Navy.
              2. Mom was a business owner.
              3. Dad was a county commissioner, county judge, tight with the Texas Governor, and was Texas state chairman of two Presidential campaigns: Jesse Jackson 1984 and Jesse Jackson 1988. (Run, Jesse, Run!)
              4. Once Dad got to know Jesse Jackson and all his backers really well, Dad switched parties and became a Republican. Run, Pat, Run!
              5. After two years at a public high school in El Paso, “Beto” was moved to The Woodberry Forest School, a foo-foo, high-falutin’ private all-male boarding school in Virginia whose alumni include, oh, the brother of George W. and Jeb Bush, the actor Randolph Scott, a former National Security Advisor, a boatload of Congressmen, a bunch of powerhouse corporate CEOs, and a New York Times film critic.
              6. Then he went to my alma mater, Columbia University, where he co-captained the crew team. (More below on crew teams.)
              7. He graduated college in May 1995 and was arrested in May 1995 for burglary back in Texas. Was locked up. Seven months later the charges were dropped. Run, Beto, Run!
              8. Three years later the “Kennedyesque” Beto was arrested for driving while intoxicated, fortunately not on a bridge. He crashed into a truck so hard that the impact sent his car careening across the center median and into oncoming traffic — and he then tried racing to get away without being caught by the cops. Skate, Beto, Skate! Hit-and-Run, Beto, Hit-and-Run!

You bet he was “born to run.” So this skateboard guy is a total phony. “Beto” is whiter than Uncle Ben’s converted rice. Irish and Welsh, he married a lady whose Daddy is worth $500 million. The John Kerry School of political aspiration. But he does skateboard — because he is SO cool! Yet he remains the Ultimate Gringo. “Beto”? Baloney!.....

The guy's as phony as Joseph Smiths Bank**

*OK, so there's a smidgon of bias!
              ** "the AUDIBLE VOICE OF GOD, INSTRUCTED HIM TO ESTABLISH A BANKING-ANTI BANKING INSTITUTION"
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

00000000000000ab000-00e.jpg

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Source: REUTERS JOURNALIST WITHHELD DAMAGING INFO ABOUT BETO O’ROURKE UNTIL AFTER SENATE RACE

Reuters bragged Friday about its scoop that Democratic presidential candidate Beto O’Rourke was once involved in a notorious hacker group, but revealed in the process that one of its reporters willingly sat on the story until after O’Rourke lost his Texas Senate race to incumbent Ted Cruz.

Reuters’ Joseph Menn reported exclusively Friday morning that O’Rourke, a former member of Congress and the latest Democrat to join the 2020 presidential race, had a secret membership in an infamous hacking group.

The group, known as the Cult of the Dead Cow (CDC), is the oldest and perhaps most influential collection of hackers in the U.S. O’Rourke was among the group’s members when he was a teenager and the group has protected his secret for decades in order to avoid damaging his political career.

But Menn, who has a forthcoming book about the CDC, first learned that O’Rourke was a member of the group over a year ago in late 2017.

Reuters explained in a “backstory” article late Friday that Menn held onto the story until after O’Rourke’s high-profile Senate race in exchange for an on-the-record interview. Menn says he was on leave from Reuters at the time in order to work on his book.

Menn had been looking into the CDC for years and “found out that they had a member who was sitting in Congress … and then I figured out which one it was.”

However, Menn said the CDC wouldn’t confirm that O’Rourke was the member in question unless the reporter agreed to hang on to the information “until after the November election” in 2018. After agreeing to the group’s terms, Menn approached O’Rourke for an interview with the promise that it would not be published until after his Senate race. O’Rourke agreed.

Menn defended his reporting decision on Twitter, explaining that he only had a “guess” that O’Rourke was the CDC member in Congress and “zero sources.” The reporter did not explain how he came to guess O’Rourke’s involvement and if he had enough information at the time to independently verify his hunch without the CDC’s confirmation.

CNN media correspondent Brian Stelter weighed in on the situation on Twitter, writing, “Reporters who are writing books sometimes hold back certain info till their book comes out. That’s what the reporter says happened in this case.”

Attempting to minimize criticism about Menn’s decision, Stelter added, “What’s your proposal — no books?”

In his interview with Menn, O’Rourke spoke positively of the CDC, through which he engaged in illegal activity. According to Menn’s reporting, O’Rourke accessed cracked gaming software and stole credit card numbers in order to place free long distance phone calls. (RELATED: Beto Wrote Murder Fantasy Where Narrator Drives Over Children On The Street)

“There’s just this profound value in being able to be apart from the system and look at it critically and have fun while you’re doing it,” O’Rourke said of the group. “I think of the Cult of the Dead Cow as a great example of that.”

Menn’s agreement with the CDC that prevented voters from learning about O’Rourke’s hacking calls to mind NBC News’ decision to sit on newsworthy information about then-Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh in fall 2018. (RELATED: NBC Sat On Information That Contradicted Kavanaugh Gang Rape Allegations)

In late September, Julie Swetnick claimed Kavanaugh had participated in gang rapes; it was an allegation her lawyer, Michael Avenatti, said could be corroborated by another woman.

NBC revealed in late October — weeks after Kavanaugh’s tense confirmation hearings — that the second woman contradicted Swetnick’s story during a phone interview on September 30. Rather than publish the information at the time when Kavanaugh was facing the allegations in the Senate, NBC opted to hold it until after the judge was already confirmed.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

Sat on a story for a year so as to not hurt his Senate campaign. Tell me again how the idea that there's a liberal bias in the press is just a right wing meme.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    Yeah, I picked the title from the body of the article!

For those who want to know a little about Beto, here's a TOTALLY unbiased* summary of who he is.

Whatta Bunch of Phony Baloneys

Have you ever seen so much mendacity and womendacity at once? Whatta bunch of phony baloneys!

It was bound to happen in the Democrat-Left Age of Intersectionality. In an era where you lose “society-advantage points” for being White, more points for being male, more for having progenitor roots anywhere in Europe, and a few more for being all three plus “straight”… In such a society, it was bound to happen that imposters would start emerging — even among candidates for the nation’s highest office and among their biggest donors — claiming false identities. Remember Rachel Dolezal, the Caucasian of European lineage, who rose to head an NAACP chapter by falsely presenting as Black? Now they all seem to be prescribed medical formulations of Dolezal.

Let’s start with Beto the Skate-o. I initially was fooled into thinking that Beto O’Rourke was some Mexican-American, or whatever, who was running in Texas for Senate against Ted Cruz. Who names a kid “Beto” if not a Hispanic family? There are no “Beto” personalities in the Bible. I figured the guy was Latino, maybe Chicano, pitching for that vote down in El Paso.

Although Karl Rove of Texas refused to call Beto by his sobriquet, insisting on calling him “Robert Francis” O’Rourke, Rove failed to clarify why he denied the Skateboard King his moniker. So look deeper: His Dad is Pat Francis O’Rourke. Irish. The Mom is Melissa Martha Williams O’Rourke. “Beto” is of Irish and Welsh ancestry. Hmm. So what’s with the “Beto”? The presumed underprivileged Hispanic life that he overcame to rise and raise $80 million from around the country against Ted Cruz?

Turns out that this guy is the Most White Privileged Male in the whole country! How many Americans know this about “El Beto”?
                    1. Mom was stepdaughter of President John F. Kennedy’s Secretary of the Navy.
                    2. Mom was a business owner.
                    3. Dad was a county commissioner, county judge, tight with the Texas Governor, and was Texas state chairman of two Presidential campaigns: Jesse Jackson 1984 and Jesse Jackson 1988. (Run, Jesse, Run!)
                    4. Once Dad got to know Jesse Jackson and all his backers really well, Dad switched parties and became a Republican. Run, Pat, Run!
                    5. After two years at a public high school in El Paso, “Beto” was moved to The Woodberry Forest School, a foo-foo, high-falutin’ private all-male boarding school in Virginia whose alumni include, oh, the brother of George W. and Jeb Bush, the actor Randolph Scott, a former National Security Advisor, a boatload of Congressmen, a bunch of powerhouse corporate CEOs, and a New York Times film critic.
                    6. Then he went to my alma mater, Columbia University, where he co-captained the crew team. (More below on crew teams.)
                    7. He graduated college in May 1995 and was arrested in May 1995 for burglary back in Texas. Was locked up. Seven months later the charges were dropped. Run, Beto, Run!
                    8. Three years later the “Kennedyesque” Beto was arrested for driving while intoxicated, fortunately not on a bridge. He crashed into a truck so hard that the impact sent his car careening across the center median and into oncoming traffic — and he then tried racing to get away without being caught by the cops. Skate, Beto, Skate! Hit-and-Run, Beto, Hit-and-Run!

You bet he was “born to run.” So this skateboard guy is a total phony. “Beto” is whiter than Uncle Ben’s converted rice. Irish and Welsh, he married a lady whose Daddy is worth $500 million. The John Kerry School of political aspiration. But he does skateboard — because he is SO cool! Yet he remains the Ultimate Gringo. “Beto”? Baloney!.....

The guy's as phony as Joseph Smiths Bank**

*OK, so there's a smidgon of bias!
                    ** "the AUDIBLE VOICE OF GOD, INSTRUCTED HIM TO ESTABLISH A BANKING-ANTI BANKING INSTITUTION"
                    00000000000000ab000-00e.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]35724[/ATTACH]
                      Some folks have also unearthed some rather eyebrow-raising poetry he wrote in college, which I won't post or link to because of how obscene it is. I'm sure an internet search will enlighten anybody who's interested.
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]35725[/ATTACH]
                        You know, he's quite open about the fact that he had some criminal charges in his younger years. And as much as you are inclined to ignore the nasty behavior of the current commander in-chief, you are happy to tear someone's college DUI to shreds. Sounds fishy. Also he raised a record 6.1 million since announcing his campaign. So he might have a shot.
                        A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                        George Bernard Shaw

Comment

You know, he's quite open about the fact that he had some criminal charges in his younger years. And as much as you are inclined to ignore the nasty behavior of the current commander in-chief, you are happy to tear someone's college DUI to shreds. Sounds fishy. Also he raised a record 6.1 million since announcing his campaign. So he might have a shot.
                          Why is it that what a liberal democrat does in the past is dismissed and forgiven, but even the slightest misstep by a conservative even back in high school is grounds for a witch trial?

Comment

That he basically announced his candidacy on the cover of Vanity Fair says all we need to know about him. Rich and privileged...
                            That's what
                            - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

How does one "tear someone's college DUI to shreds"?

Politifact:

Our ruling

A 2012 Reyes TV ad still viewable online six years later said O’Rourke "has a criminal record that includes DWI and burglary arrests."

O'Rourke's comments and records indicate that UTEP police arrested O'Rourke in 1995 for burglary, a misdemeanor charge disposed of the next year. In 1998, El Paso police arrested O'Rourke for DWI, a misdemeanor charge that was dismissed after he completed "DWI school" the next year.

We rate the claim True.

tom-true.jpg
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment