Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mass shootings at New Zealand mosques...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
    Your post was unacceptable.
    Tweb is the place where some posters slowly scratch out words like right and wrong and go for relativism in order to avoid consistence and principle. That is why the post passes as acceptable though clearly it is not.
    "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
      My sister successfully used an AR15 to thwart a home invasion of 2 large men who kicked in her door after my Brother In Law had left for work. She used the AR because it IS light, easy to handle and she's a dead shot with it. She is small and a pump shotgun is a lot to handle for her....
      Wasn't it Biden who advised using a shotgun because it's easier for a woman to handle than a mean old AR-15?

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
        Tweb is the place where some posters slowly scratch out words like right and wrong and go for relativism in order to avoid consistence and principle. That is why the post passes as acceptable though clearly it is not.
        We are so very blessed to have you to keep us on the right track, Charles.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          We are so very blessed to have you to keep us on the right track, Charles.
          Indeed we'd all be lost without his pontifications from on high.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Wasn't it Biden who advised using a shotgun because it's easier for a woman to handle than a mean old AR-15?

and after you "fire your double-barrelled shotgun into the air a couple of times" to scare away the intruders, you are standing there with an empty weapon. What an idiot.

Comment

Ah Biden! The man who once told a wheelchair bound man (that he claimed was a long time friend) to stand up and be recognized...
              "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Ah Biden! The man who once told a wheelchair bound man (that he claimed was a long time friend) to stand up and be recognized...
                Biden has a long history of being a walking gaffe machine.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

The man who said of Obama, "I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that's a storybook, man." He later tried to defend himself saying, "The idea was very straightforward and simple. This guy is something brand new that nobody has seen before."

Because, you know, nobody had ever seen a clean, bright, articulate black man before.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• guntrouble.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      And the first amendment was written when only hand operated printing presses constituted mass communication. So I guess things like phones, typewriters, computers, TV and radio aren't covered since they weren't around at the time.
                      "Phones, typewriters, computers, TV and radio" don't result in the death of 50 people by one person in a short space of time. Clearly, this was not envisioned by the Founding Fathers and it has become a major social problem. Responsible governments such as in NZ, deal with it by appropriate legislation, irresponsible governments such as in the US do not...to their shame.
                      “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

And the first amendment was written when only hand operated printing presses constituted mass communication. So I guess things like phones, typewriters, computers, TV and radio aren't covered since they weren't around at the time.
                        I don't see how this is relevant to oxmixmudd's post. As far as I can tell, he was not arguing that the Second Amendment was being interpreted wrongly, or that it did not apply to modern guns; he was arguing that the Second Amendment wasn't good policy, which is a completely different argument.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                          "Phones, typewriters, computers, TV and radio" don't result in the death of 50 people by one person in a short space of time. Clearly, this was not envisioned by the Founding Fathers and it has become a major social problem. Responsible governments such as in NZ, deal with it by appropriate legislation, irresponsible governments such as in the US do not...to their shame.
                          Using lefty logic since words have been responsible for millions of deaths the use of such modern devices obviously should not be covered by the First Amendment.

Comment

Using lefty logic since words have been responsible for millions of deaths the use of such modern devices obviously should not be covered by the First Amendment.
                            "Words" don't result in the death of 50 people by one person in a matter of minutes as per the NZ Mosque massacre and the regular occurrences of gun violence in the US. Responsible countries, such as NZ and Australia change the laws to counter such problems, whereas the US conspicuously resists any such change.
                            “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Words have killed more people than guns ever did.

Comment

"Words" don't result in the death of 50 people by one person in a matter of minutes as per the NZ Mosque massacre and the regular occurrences of gun violence in the US. Responsible countries, such as NZ and Australia change the laws to counter such problems, whereas the US conspicuously resists any such change.
                                BS.
                                All it takes is one person to rile up a crowd to cause a riot.

Hitler's words killed millions and put an entire planet at war.

Comment