Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Christians slaughtered in Nigeria

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Christians slaughtered in Nigeria

Over 20 Nigerian Christians have been butchered by Islamic Fulani herdsmen in the latest brutal attack to rock the embattled nation. The viscous herdsmen, who have been responsible for hundreds of attacks against the Christian population, struck March 4, 2019 in a coordinated attack on a series of villages across Benue State.

According to persecution watchdog, International Christian Concern, some 23 people were murdered in the attacks, which were perpetrated with machetes and firearms. “It was bad. They killed over 20 people,” said a member of the Gwer West legislative council following the incident. “Some were killed by gunshots and some by machete hacks!”

https://www.faithwire.com/2019/03/13...r-grazing-law/

And in the Philippines:

The new terrorism in the Philippines is not merely inspired by political or territorial grievances, real or imagined, but rather is imbued with intrinsic hate for the "other" — for the "infidel."

In May 2017, in the city of Marawi, a civilian bus was stopped by jihadis; when 9 passengers were discovered to be Christian — apparently because they were not able to quote the Koran — they were tied together and shot dead, execution style. The jihadis who took over Marawi during the uprising forced women into sex-slavery and ordered Christian men embrace Islam or be used as human shields against the Philippine Army.

January's deadly church-bombing, which claimed 20 lives and wounded more than 100, is the latest reminder that, as with other nations that have a sizeable Muslim minority, the Philippines is embroiled in the jihad. While the ostensible reason behind it may be political or territorial, the sadistic hate that accompanies attacks on Christians and their churches suggests that ideology is the ultimate cause.

https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/1...ns-slaughtered

And the top 10 dangerous places for Christians in the world today:

The Christian persecution we read about in Scripture and history books is not a thing of the past. It still exists. Today, in the 21st century, we are living in a time when persecution against Christian believers is the highest in modern history. According to Open Doors’ 2019 World Watch List—an in-depth investigative report focusing on global Christian persecution—persecution is increasing at an alarming rate. Research for the List indicates that each day, a staggering 11 Christians are killed for their faith in the top 50 countries ranked on the World Watch List.

Below, we look at the world’s 10 most dangerous places to be a Christian—countries where saying “yes” to following Jesus is truly a life-or-death decision.

https://www.opendoorsusa.org/christi...-follow-jesus/

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

3. Amen mossrose, Christianbookworm, oxmixmudd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    According to the Pew Research Centre Report Christianity is the most persecuted religion in the world and the persecution is increasing. This is confirmed by other recent studies including one by civitas.org.uk and University of Notre Dame's Center for Ethics and Culture (in cooperation with Georgetown University's Religious Freedom Research Project). The latter study has moved the British Foreign Secretary to investigate the global persecution of Christians. Several years ago the Vatican expressed "deep concern" to the UN over the killing of 100,000 Christians each year because of their faith.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    According to the Pew Research Centre Report Christianity is the most persecuted religion in the world and the persecution is increasing. This is confirmed by other recent studies including one by civitas.org.uk and University of Notre Dame's Center for Ethics and Culture (in cooperation with Georgetown University's Religious Freedom Research Project). The latter study has moved the British Foreign Secretary to investigate the global persecution of Christians. Several years ago the Vatican expressed "deep concern" to the UN over the killing of 100,000 Christians each year because of their faith.
    And yet, when do we ever hear about any of it? Unless it's bizarre like the man killed by the remote islanders in India not long ago, the press is silent.

This thread is silent. Where is the outrage from ANYBODY about these murders?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I think Brian McLaren made some very good points some years ago that are still worth reading: http://time.com/136966/christians-it...sed-terrorism/

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    And yet the mainstream media is completely silent.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    And yet the mainstream media is completely silent.
    Exactly. And exactly why I posted this yesterday, in light of the horror in Christchurch. Nobody ever talks about the Christians slaughtered every day all over the world.

But the media jumps all over anything else, especially if the perpetrator is white and male and "probably Christian".

I still am waiting for the outrage from the left, the atheists and agnostics here. Charles posted, but didn't exactly express his sorrow over what is going on.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Guess they are racist! Because the persecution isn't in "white" majority nations. And why do those nations like to pick on Christians? They'll have a shock on Judgement day. Unless they repent and stop oppressing the innocent!
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Though "the blood of the martyrs is seed" (Tertullian). Through Open Doors I heard that the Christians in China sing "I want to be a martyr for Jesus."

"They overcame him by the blood of the Lamb,
    and the word of their testimony,
    and they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death." (Rev. 12:11)

May the Lord give us grace to take up the cross,
    Lee
    "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

11. Amen mossrose amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Unspecified
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    [box]Over 20 Nigerian Christians have been butchered by Islamic Fulani herdsmen in the latest brutal attack to rock the embattled nation.
    It's likely not being mentioned because it's part of an ongoing war for resources, rather than being primarily based on either religion or tribe.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-44039546

And in the Philippines:
    One element in another war--again, a war where both sides have bloody hands. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Marawi

The new terrorism in the Philippines is not merely inspired by political or territorial grievances, real or imagined, but rather is imbued with intrinsic hate for the "other" — for the "infidel."
    The Gatestone Institute is a right-wing, anti-Islam think tank with a long string of dishonest reporting.

Mossy, why are you citing dishonest sources to highlight an actual problem? And yes, I do say "dishonest," meaning that the authors deliberately wrote the stories to give a false impression.

More than that, why are you highlighting a war almost three years ago to bolster your argument?

More than that, why are you doing so hours after a terrorist attack against Muslims by a self-identified racist and white nationalist?

If you want to claim that Christianity is persecuted--and it is--use sources who don't feel that "lying for Jesus" is an acceptable policy.
    Last edited by A Stranger; 03-16-2019 at 02:57 PM.