Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Christians slaughtered in Nigeria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
    ... and your lack of outrage over Christians being killed is duly noted.
    Oh, I'm sorry. I remember when you at least pretended to honesty. That must have changed since last I was here. But while disappointed, I'm no longer surprised at such. Many who claim to be Christian do so.

I'm hoping the other members of the moderation team are as honorable and honest I remember them-- as you used to be.

Comment

You can get out of this thread now. And I don't think your second chance means much to you.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

From links to the Gatestone provided internally by * https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/whi...k-tank-n868171.

"Jihadist Takeover" Gatestone's argument is valid and sound. The information therein is readily available from reliable sources.

"Great White Death" assesses a claim (originating from outside the institute) which gives a forecast for 40 years hence, similar in tone to the "There will be no blacks in America in (I think it was) 40 years - abortion is tantamount to Black American genocide" story that was doing the rounds not so long since. This one assesses the claim, which did not originate with Gatestone, promulgated by Charles Gave. Gatestone concludes that the story has some merit, but overall is unsound. The one thing here, that might lead to the conclusion that Gatestone is ideologically driven, is the fact that Gatestone gives seppa to the story by "Liberation" newspaper that mis-represents Gave's claims. Gatestones argument seems valid and sound.

“Germany Confiscating Homes to Use for Migrants,” Again, assessing claims by others. Gatestone finds that this is a circumstance restricted to Hamburg, and slates the acute rental housing shortage prompting the appropriation of private properties to Government incompetence. Notes that the confiscation is an apparent violation of (German iteration) human rights. No bias is readily apparent from this report.

“Rape Capital of the West.” Gatestone notes a statistically verifiable rise in rape and other violent crime in the wake of Sweden's open doors policy. Gatestone further notes that discussion and circulation of the statistics (among general population, and in media) is considered tantamount to a hate crime. Again - a variety of sources corroborate the information provided.

In billing Gatestone's published findings arising from the examination of various claims: to wit
        the Gatestone Institute, a New York-based advocacy group that warns of a looming “jihadist takeover” of Europe leading to a “Great White Death.”

- maybe they do (somewhere), but the articles that NBC linked to in support of their claim do nothing of the sort.

In short, NBC seems to have seen someone feeding the koi - again.
        Last edited by tabibito; 03-16-2019, 10:46 PM.
        1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
        ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
        Scripture before Tradition:
        but that won't prevent others from
        taking it upon themselves to deprive you
        of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by A Stranger View Post
          Oh, I'm sorry. I remember when you at least pretended to honesty. That must have changed since last I was here. But while disappointed, I'm no longer surprised at such. Many who claim to be Christian do so.

I'm hoping the other members of the moderation team are as honorable and honest I remember them-- as you used to be.
          Speaking of having changed since the last time you were here.

Just sayin'

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

00000000000000ab000-00e.jpg

If you can't make out the bottom it says:

Nigerians Christians are getting slaughtered. Media stays silent. They talk about slavery of the past & ignore/facilitate present day slavery. Are we condemning hate/violence/slavery or is most media creating it?
            Last edited by rogue06; 03-17-2019, 03:38 PM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

And even that report doesn't mention white slaves ...
              1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
              ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I wanted to highlight the fact that Christians are murdered every day all over the world but nobody in the MSM reports these things, but when Muslims are horribly slaughtered, it is news for weeks, especially if the perpetrator is white and male and "probably Christian".
                  Political leaders and public figures were falling over themselves this weekend to condemn the mosque attacks in New Zealand, while dozens of Christians were slaughtered by Muslims in Nigeria to the sound of crickets.

The mosque attacks were indeed a horrific affair and worthy of universal condemnation. Presidents, prime ministers, royalty, and religious leaders rushed to extend their condolences to victims and their families — as well they should — while decrying the hate that purportedly motivated the shootings.

Without exception, the mainstream media gave top billing to the shootings, with newspapers carrying the story on their front pages and television news channels leading off their broadcasts with the story.

The bizarre aspect of the coverage was not, in fact, the attention paid to a heinous crime committed in New Zealand, but the absolute silence surrounding the simultaneous massacre of scores of Christians by Muslim militants in Africa.

As Breitbart News alone reported among major news outlets, Fulani jihadists racked up a death toll of over 120 Christians over the past three weeks in central Nigeria, employing machetes and gunfire to slaughter men, women, and children, burning down over 140 houses, destroying property, and spreading terror.

The New York Times did not place this story on the front page; in fact, they did not cover it at all. Apparently, when assessing “all the news that’s fit to print,” the massacre of African Christians did not measure up. The same can be said for the Washington Post, the Chicago Tribune, the Detroit Free Press, the LA Times, and every other major paper in the United States.

The news shows from the three major television channels did not mention the story, and nor did CNN or MSNBC.

There are several possible explanations for this remarkable silence, and none of them is good...

https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/...of-christians/
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Still waiting for outrage from the liberals, atheists and agnostics here.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckles
                        Well, it pointed to many important messages that I agree with.
                        Because we all know that any message you agree with must be important.
                        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose
                          Do not dare to nanny me on this.

A broken clock might tell the time twice a day, but it's pretty useless the rest of the time. I will not pay attention to anyone who changes the gospel in the slightest. And if you agree with him, it just proves my point that he is wrong and so are you.
                          That is silly. Whether or not you agree fully with a person on all points does not mean they are wrong on all points Mossrose. God can speak through anything or anyone or anything.

Without going into whether or not I or you should agree with McLaren in toto what Charles quoted was a perfectly reasonable statement and completely consistent with the traditional Gospel. We should not respond to acts of hatred against us or others in ways that encourage fear or revenge.This is just basic Christian teaching from day one. So there is no reason to dismiss that quote and even if Hitler himself quoted it, it would still be true.

In fact, this piece charles links to is quite to the point of this thread and acknowledges quite clearly and in Time magazine the heinous persecution some Christians are suffering at the hand of certain elements of Islam. And it offers advice and solutions consistent with the gospel, with the teachings of Christ. So maybe he's off base on some things. I don't think this opinion piece is one of them.

Jim
                          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                            That is silly. Whether or not you agree fully with a person on all points does not mean they are wrong on all points Mossrose. God can speak through anything or anyone or anything.

Without going into whether or not I or you should agree with McLaren in toto what Charles quoted was a perfectly reasonable statement and completely consistent with the traditional Gospel. We should not respond to acts of hatred against us or others in ways that encourage fear or revenge.This is just basic Christian teaching from day one. So there is no reason to dismiss that quote and even if Hitler himself quoted it, it would still be true.

In fact, this piece charles links to is quite to the point of this thread and acknowledges quite clearly and in Time magazine the heinous persecution some Christians are suffering at the hand of certain elements of Islam. And it offers advice and solutions consistent with the gospel, with the teachings of Christ. So maybe he's off base on some things. I don't think this opinion piece is one of them.

Jim
                            Where's your outrage on the issue of Christians being slaughtered all over the world, Jim, and the fact that the MSM is resounding in their silence regarding it?

Comment

Where's your outrage on the issue of Christians being slaughtered all over the world, Jim, and the fact that the MSM is resounding in their silence regarding it?
                              Did you read my post? The article Charles links to shows clearly that Christians are being slaughtered for being Christians by Islamic groups.

The article was in Time magazine.

So what in the world are you talking about - where is my outrage? Again - did you even read my post?

My point was simply that what Charles pointed out, the article he pointed to, was recognizing exactly what you are asking be recognized. Yet you dismissed it because you don't like an aspect of the authors theology. I'm just saying, hey, why do that? You want this fact recognized - yes? if an atheist anchor says "Look here, Christians are being slaughtered by Islamics" you are not going to agree with their theology either - right. Are you only going to accept articles that point out Christians are being slaughtered by Islamics if they are written by Christians that hold all your specific beliefs?

I thought the point was to have the fact Christians are being slaughtered for their faith be recognized by the non-Christian world?

Jim
                              Last edited by oxmixmudd; 03-18-2019, 01:16 PM.
                              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose
                                I read your post. It clearly said to me that you were defending the article by McLaren, who is equally clearly a postmodern, emergent church false teacher.

The article Charles posted was also written almost 5 years ago, not relevant to the current situation, imo.

It's obvious to anyone with a brain that anybody can have mushy feelings about anything. That does not equate to the same outrage and horror for the murder of Christians as to the murder of Muslims. There is no equality in the media regarding this subject.
                                I was addressing your dismissal of the content of the article. Nothing more. That criticism was wrong simply put. His suggestions for how we can deal with the issue as Christians were good. Christians do not have the option of a hostile, fearful, revengful response to what is happening. You start buying into the idea that is possible as Christians and you are just as guilty of McLaren of promoting a false gospel.

As for your other degrading inferences about my lack of concern over Christian persecution - to not wish for revenge is the only viable Christian response and in implying otherwise you judge yourself. We are to pray for every Muslim who has participated in the slaughter of Christians for their salvation. We are to pray for the world that somehow thinks it is ok to kill Christians that they might find Christ. It is not an indicator of a lack of concern. To show love in the face evil is no sign of weakness. It is the power and the work of the Holy Spirit. And we are to pray for ourselves that we have the strength and courage not to give in to hate or bitterness that the world might see Christ in us.

Where the Christian church has resorted to the ways of the world, to violence, to hatred, it has hindered the progress of the Gospel. God's way is not the way of the sword. That is not the Kingdom of God in this world. That is what the world does. If you love only your friends, what does that profit you. Even the Gentiles do that.

When we encourage other Christians to live like the world, when we make excuses to hate and to abandon the teachings of Christ and again embrace hatred, bitterness, and revenge, we crucify Him again.

Jim
                                Last edited by oxmixmudd; 03-18-2019, 02:59 PM.

Comment