Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 75

Thread: Christians slaughtered in Nigeria

  1. #11
    Oops....... mossrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    20,779
    Amen (Given)
    15774
    Amen (Received)
    9524
    Quote Originally Posted by A Stranger View Post
    It's likely not being mentioned because it's part of an ongoing war for resources, rather than being primarily based on either religion or tribe.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-44039546



    One element in another war--again, a war where both sides have bloody hands. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Marawi
    Just because these are ongoing wars doesn't make the killings right or any less as horrific as violence against Muslims.

    The Gatestone Institute is a right-wing, anti-Islam think tank with a long string of dishonest reporting.

    Mossy, why are you citing dishonest sources to highlight an actual problem? And yes, I do say "dishonest," meaning that the authors deliberately wrote the stories to give a false impression.
    I'm sorry, you would have to prove these sources are dishonest. Just because they don't agree with your mindset doesn't make them so.

    More than that, why are you highlighting a war almost three years ago to bolster your argument?
    The attack on Nigeria was earlier THIS month. The article about the Philippines was written in February of THIS year.

    More than that, why are you doing so hours after a terrorist attack against Muslims by a self-identified racist and white nationalist?
    Because, as I mentioned in an earlier post, I wanted to highlight the fact that Christians are murdered every day all over the world but nobody in the MSM reports these things, but when Muslims are horribly slaughtered, it is news for weeks, especially if the perpetrator is white and male and "probably Christian".

    If you want to claim that Christianity is persecuted--and it is--use sources who don't feel that "lying for Jesus" is an acceptable policy.
    I only have your word for it that these sources are "lying for Jesus".

    Do you feel sorrow and outrage over these murders of Christians, as much as you feel outrage over the murder of Muslims?

    If not, why not?


    Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

  2. #12
    tWebber A Stranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Faith
    Unspecified
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    22
    Amen (Given)
    8
    Amen (Received)
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    Just because these are ongoing wars doesn't make the killings right or any less as horrific as violence against Muslims.
    Ongoing wars where a Fulani attack that kills eleven is met with an Adata attack that killed 131 Fulani is hardly the same as terrorism against people living in a time of peace. I abhor war, but if you're going off numbers, the self-identified Christians have plenty of blood on their hands--blood that your sources conveniently ignore. https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/...-violence.html

    That's dishonest reporting, mossrose. Your sources lie to make the Nigerian Christians look guiltless.

    I'm sorry, you would have to prove these sources are dishonest.
    Gatestons dishonest arguments have been documented by others. Heres a good start.
    * https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/whi...k-tank-n868171
    * https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...nogo-zone-myth
    * https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/eu...ists-religion/
    * https://theintercept.com/2018/03/23/...i-muslim-hate/

    Just because they don't agree with your mindset doesn't make them so.
    Now, that's quite a statement. I realize ita's been several years, but one of my first arguments here was with a Pagan who was accusing Christians of ... well, some pretty nasty stuff. I tend to go for facts, regardless of political or religious slant. If that much of my reputation has been forgotten ... well, if there's fault for my reputation not being remembered, the fault is mine.

    The article about the Philippines was written in February of THIS year.
    The Gatestone article was written in February. The supposed attack took place in 2017.

    Because, as I mentioned in an earlier post, I wanted to highlight the fact that Christians are murdered every day all over the world but nobody in the MSM reports these things, but when Muslims are horribly slaughtered, it is news for weeks, especially if the perpetrator is white and male and "probably Christian".
    The church shooting in Chareston was unreported? Oh, I'm sorry, that wasn't about reliugion, it was about race.

    How about the one in Southerland Springs? Oh, no, wrong again--that was a divorce dispute. The shooter had attended that Church.

    How about Elicott City? Oops, I'm sorry--that was because the perp was barred from the food facilities for breaking the rules.

    Nashville? That's questionable. The shooter had formerly attended the Burnette Chapel, but also hgad posted about black supremacy and Nation of Islam.

    No, Mossy, they are reported--and forgotten. A month from now, no one here will remember, or care, about either massacre. "Thoughts and prayers," then swift amnesia.

    I only have your word for it that these sources are "lying for Jesus".
    See above. Other examples available as they occur to me, and as I ghappen to see them.

    Do you feel sorrow and outrage over these murders of Christians, as much as you feel outrage over the murder of Muslims?
    Yes. Not that my outrage, or yours, has ever been the point.

  3. #13
    Oops....... mossrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    20,779
    Amen (Given)
    15774
    Amen (Received)
    9524
    Quote Originally Posted by AS
    Gatestons dishonest arguments have been documented by others. Heres a good start.
    * https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/whi...k-tank-n868171
    Liberal source. I don't trust it.

    Liberal source. And the couple of paragraphs I can read without paying have nothing to do with the slaughter of Christians.




    [/QUOTE]

    Another liberal source.
    The Gatestone article was written in February. The supposed attack took place in 2017.
    Supposed? And "suppose" it really did happen. Apparently according to you, if it didn't happen yesterday, it doesn't matter.

    The church shooting in Chareston was unreported? Oh, I'm sorry, that wasn't about reliugion, it was about race.

    How about the one in Southerland Springs? Oh, no, wrong again--that was a divorce dispute. The shooter had attended that Church.

    How about Elicott City? Oops, I'm sorry--that was because the perp was barred from the food facilities for breaking the rules.

    Nashville? That's questionable. The shooter had formerly attended the Burnette Chapel, but also hgad posted about black supremacy and Nation of Islam.

    No, Mossy, they are reported--and forgotten. A month from now, no one here will remember, or care, about either massacre. "Thoughts and prayers," then swift amnesia.
    What do those incidents have to do with Christians being slaughtered all over the world? Of course these things are reported in the US, but other countries are ignored.

    Yes. Not that my outrage, or yours, has ever been the point.
    Its the outrage of the media that matters, and there is none for the death of Christians by other "religions". And there is none here from the left, the atheists and agnostics on Tweb, either. Shameful.


    Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

  4. #14
    tWebber A Stranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Faith
    Unspecified
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    22
    Amen (Given)
    8
    Amen (Received)
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    Liberal source. I don't trust it.
    Liberal source....

    Another liberal source.
    Someone recently said "I'm sorry, you would have to prove these sources are dishonest. Just because they don't agree with your mindset doesn't make them so." Does that standard not apply to all? And don't bother telling me to search the archive: I'll gladly look at some authoritative evidence that the sources are problematic, but cries of "fake news" won't cut it.

    Supposed? And "suppose" it really did happen.
    When dealing with a dishonest source (and while you attempted to dismiss my argument, you have failed to refute it) "supposed" is the accurate word to use.

    Apparently according to you, if it didn't happen yesterday, it doesn't matter.
    Don't you dare attempt to put such words in my mouth, mossrose. Unless you've joined the "He's not Christian, so of course he rejoices at Christian deaths" school of thought, that was utterly undeserved.

    What do those incidents have to do with Christians being slaughtered all over the world? Of course these things are reported in the US, but other countries are ignored.
    Or lied about. Unfortunately, simply claiming to be a Christian news site does not prevent false, sometimes even dishonest, reporting. Or have you taken to accepting Chick Tracts at face value solely because they claim to be Christian?

    [/quote]Its the outrage of the media that matters.[quote]

    Rather like the outrage you're attempting to generate?

  5. Amen Roy amen'd this post.
  6. #15
    Oops....... mossrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    20,779
    Amen (Given)
    15774
    Amen (Received)
    9524
    Quote Originally Posted by A Stranger View Post
    Someone recently said "I'm sorry, you would have to prove these sources are dishonest. Just because they don't agree with your mindset doesn't make them so." Does that standard not apply to all? And don't bother telling me to search the archive: I'll gladly look at some authoritative evidence that the sources are problematic, but cries of "fake news" won't cut it.



    When dealing with a dishonest source (and while you attempted to dismiss my argument, you have failed to refute it) "supposed" is the accurate word to use.



    Don't you dare attempt to put such words in my mouth, mossrose. Unless you've joined the "He's not Christian, so of course he rejoices at Christian deaths" school of thought, that was utterly undeserved.



    Or lied about. Unfortunately, simply claiming to be a Christian news site does not prevent false, sometimes even dishonest, reporting. Or have you taken to accepting Chick Tracts at face value solely because they claim to be Christian?



    Rather like the outrage you're attempting to generate?

    I started this thread to point out the continued hypocrisy of the MSM and how they play on the emotions of people to suit their own ends. I am pointing out the hypocrisy of the MSM who will never report on Christians being slaughtered every day all over the world, but will milk every other outrage, as long as it's perpetrated against Muslims or liberals and as long as they can link the outrage to white males who are "probably Christian".

    Now, you've had your say, and you can continue to post here or not, but your rhetoric is the same as all the other liberals here, and your lack of outrage over Christians being killed is duly noted.


    Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

  7. #16
    tWebber A Stranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Faith
    Unspecified
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    22
    Amen (Given)
    8
    Amen (Received)
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    ... and your lack of outrage over Christians being killed is duly noted.
    Oh, I'm sorry. I remember when you at least pretended to honesty. That must have changed since last I was here. But while disappointed, I'm no longer surprised at such. Many who claim to be Christian do so.

    I'm hoping the other members of the moderation team are as honorable and honest I remember them-- as you used to be.

  8. #17
    Oops....... mossrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    20,779
    Amen (Given)
    15774
    Amen (Received)
    9524
    You can get out of this thread now. And I don't think your second chance means much to you.


    Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

  9. #18
    tWebber tabibito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    DownUnder
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,958
    Amen (Given)
    202
    Amen (Received)
    852
    From links to the Gatestone provided internally by * https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/whi...k-tank-n868171.

    "Jihadist Takeover" Gatestone's argument is valid and sound. The information therein is readily available from reliable sources.

    "Great White Death" assesses a claim (originating from outside the institute) which gives a forecast for 40 years hence, similar in tone to the "There will be no blacks in America in (I think it was) 40 years - abortion is tantamount to Black American genocide" story that was doing the rounds not so long since. This one assesses the claim, which did not originate with Gatestone, promulgated by Charles Gave. Gatestone concludes that the story has some merit, but overall is unsound. The one thing here, that might lead to the conclusion that Gatestone is ideologically driven, is the fact that Gatestone gives seppa to the story by "Liberation" newspaper that mis-represents Gave's claims. Gatestones argument seems valid and sound.

    “Germany Confiscating Homes to Use for Migrants,” Again, assessing claims by others. Gatestone finds that this is a circumstance restricted to Hamburg, and slates the acute rental housing shortage prompting the appropriation of private properties to Government incompetence. Notes that the confiscation is an apparent violation of (German iteration) human rights. No bias is readily apparent from this report.

    “Rape Capital of the West.” Gatestone notes a statistically verifiable rise in rape and other violent crime in the wake of Sweden's open doors policy. Gatestone further notes that discussion and circulation of the statistics (among general population, and in media) is considered tantamount to a hate crime. Again - a variety of sources corroborate the information provided.

    In billing Gatestone's published findings arising from the examination of various claims: to wit
    the Gatestone Institute, a New York-based advocacy group that warns of a looming “jihadist takeover” of Europe leading to a “Great White Death.”

    - maybe they do (somewhere), but the articles that NBC linked to in support of their claim do nothing of the sort.

    In short, NBC seems to have seen someone feeding the koi - again.
    Last edited by tabibito; 03-16-2019 at 08:46 PM.
    1 Cor 15:34 εκνηψατε δικαιως και μη αμαρτανετε αγνωσιαν γαρ θεου τινες εχουσιν προς εντροπην υμιν λεγω

  10. #19
    Evolution is God's ID rogue06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southeastern U.S. of A.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    52,261
    Amen (Given)
    1110
    Amen (Received)
    19024
    Quote Originally Posted by A Stranger View Post
    Oh, I'm sorry. I remember when you at least pretended to honesty. That must have changed since last I was here. But while disappointed, I'm no longer surprised at such. Many who claim to be Christian do so.

    I'm hoping the other members of the moderation team are as honorable and honest I remember them-- as you used to be.
    Speaking of having changed since the last time you were here.

    Just sayin'

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

  11. #20
    Evolution is God's ID rogue06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southeastern U.S. of A.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    52,261
    Amen (Given)
    1110
    Amen (Received)
    19024
    00000000000000ab000-00e.jpg

    If you can't make out the bottom it says:

    Nigerians Christians are getting slaughtered. Media stays silent. They talk about slavery of the past & ignore/facilitate present day slavery. Are we condemning hate/violence/slavery or is most media creating it?
    Last edited by rogue06; 03-17-2019 at 01:38 PM.

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

  12. Amen mossrose amen'd this post.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •