Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 75

Thread: Christians slaughtered in Nigeria

  1. #51
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    55,391
    Amen (Given)
    12062
    Amen (Received)
    25754
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2019...on-talks-intl/

    https://www.opendoorsusa.org/christi...ch-list/sudan/


    Do you (all those participating in this thread) support Trump's desire to normalize relations with a nation that has one of the worst records of violence against Christians?


    Jim
    I think a tremendous opportunity is missed in attempting to "normalize" relations without conditions.
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

  2. #52
    Oops....... mossrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    20,791
    Amen (Given)
    15788
    Amen (Received)
    9536
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2019...on-talks-intl/

    https://www.opendoorsusa.org/christi...ch-list/sudan/



    Do you (all those participating in this thread) support Trump's desire to normalize relations with a nation that has one of the worst records of violence against Christians?


    Jim
    Frankly, I don't want this thread to discuss anything to do with Trump. If that's all people can talk about they can go elsewhere.

    Any other posts in this thread mentioning Trump will be reported and removed.


    Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

  3. #53
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,662
    Amen (Given)
    305
    Amen (Received)
    1605
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    Frankly, I don't want this thread to discuss anything to do with Trump. If that's all people can talk about they can go elsewhere.

    Any other posts in this thread mentioning Trump will be reported and removed.
    This would be about a policy being pursued by the US government that will hurt Christians in the Sudan in the long run. Sudan has one of the most abusive records against christian believers anywhere.

    It that not what this thread is about?

    Further, the media is in fact ignoring the horrible abuse of Christians there, although in rightly point out this is not a government that we should be normalizing relations with without dealing with their abusive human rights violations they may indirectly help the Christians there.

    Is that not also what this thread is about?

    Jim
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 04-08-2019 at 09:52 AM.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

  4. Amen Charles amen'd this post.
  5. #54
    Oops....... mossrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    20,791
    Amen (Given)
    15788
    Amen (Received)
    9536
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    This would be about a policy being pursued by the US government that will hurt Christians in the Sudan in the long run. Sudan has one of the most abusive records against christian believers anywhere.

    It that not what this thread is about?

    Further, the media is in fact ignoring the horrible abuse of Christians there, although in rightly point out this is not a government that we should be normalizing relations with without dealing with their abusive human rights violations.

    Is that not also what this thread is about?

    Jim

    You can start another thread about the politicizing of this issue in the US, Jim. I don't want it here.


    Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

  6. #55
    Oops....... mossrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    20,791
    Amen (Given)
    15788
    Amen (Received)
    9536
    https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/1...hes-vandalized

    In Germany, four separate churches were vandalized and/or torched in March alone. "In this country," PI-News, a German news site, explained, "there is a creeping war against everything that symbolizes Christianity: attacks on mountain-summit crosses, on sacred statues by the wayside, on churches... and recently also on cemeteries."

    In virtually every instance of church attacks, authorities and media obfuscate the identity of the vandals. In those rare instances when the Muslim (or "migrant") identity of the destroyers is leaked, the desecraters are then presented as suffering from mental health issues.

    "Hardly anyone writes and speaks about the increasing attacks on Christian symbols. There is an eloquent silence in both France and Germany about the scandal of the desecrations and the origin of the perpetrators.... Not a word, not even the slightest hint that could in anyway lead to the suspicion of migrants... It is not the perpetrators who are in danger of being ostracized, but those who dare to associate the desecration of Christian symbols with immigrant imports. They are accused of hatred, hate speech and racism." -- PI News, March 24, 2019


    Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

  7. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
  8. #56
    Evolution is God's ID rogue06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southeastern U.S. of A.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    52,336
    Amen (Given)
    1112
    Amen (Received)
    19053

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

  9. #57
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,799
    Amen (Given)
    224
    Amen (Received)
    695
    So here's a question. Much of this topic is about the amount of attention paid to persecution by the media. But here is a more pertinent question: What exactly can someone do to try to help the persecuted Christians in these countries? Are there organizations that one could support that aid in such things?

  10. #58
    tWebber seer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    New England
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    25,198
    Amen (Given)
    1740
    Amen (Received)
    5132
    Christian persecution 'at near genocide levels'

    The persecution of Christians in parts of the world is at near "genocide" levels, according to a report ordered by Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt.

    The review, led by the Bishop of Truro the Right Reverend Philip Mounstephen, estimated that one in three people suffer from religious persecution.

    Christians were the most persecuted religious group, it found.

    Mr Hunt said he felt that "political correctness" had played a part in the issue not being confronted.

    The interim report said the main impact of "genocidal acts against Christians is exodus" and that Christianity faced being "wiped out" from parts of the Middle East.

    It warned the religion "is at risk of disappearing" in some parts of the world, pointing to figures which claimed Christians in Palestine represent less than 1.5% of the population, while in Iraq they had fallen from 1.5 million before 2003 to less than 120,000.

    "Evidence shows not only the geographic spread of anti-Christian persecution, but also its increasing severity," the Bishop wrote.


    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-48146305
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

  11. #59
    Oops....... mossrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    20,791
    Amen (Given)
    15788
    Amen (Received)
    9536
    Quote Originally Posted by Terraceth View Post
    So here's a question. Much of this topic is about the amount of attention paid to persecution by the media. But here is a more pertinent question: What exactly can someone do to try to help the persecuted Christians in these countries? Are there organizations that one could support that aid in such things?
    I can think of one off hand. Voice of the Martyrs. Of course, you could do research on your own to find others.


    Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

  12. #60
    Oops....... mossrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    20,791
    Amen (Given)
    15788
    Amen (Received)
    9536
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    Christian persecution 'at near genocide levels'

    The persecution of Christians in parts of the world is at near "genocide" levels, according to a report ordered by Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt.

    The review, led by the Bishop of Truro the Right Reverend Philip Mounstephen, estimated that one in three people suffer from religious persecution.

    Christians were the most persecuted religious group, it found.

    Mr Hunt said he felt that "political correctness" had played a part in the issue not being confronted.

    The interim report said the main impact of "genocidal acts against Christians is exodus" and that Christianity faced being "wiped out" from parts of the Middle East.

    It warned the religion "is at risk of disappearing" in some parts of the world, pointing to figures which claimed Christians in Palestine represent less than 1.5% of the population, while in Iraq they had fallen from 1.5 million before 2003 to less than 120,000.

    "Evidence shows not only the geographic spread of anti-Christian persecution, but also its increasing severity," the Bishop wrote.


    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-48146305
    Sadly, it's going to get worse before the Lord returns.


    Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

  13. Amen One Bad Pig amen'd this post.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •