Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Road Trip to Rescue My Dad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Thanks. If people were more willing to listen, and less willing to just pat me on the back, or try to shake my hand, etc. things would probably be a lot easier.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
      Not in Loisville, but I'm not that far from there. Would love to meet you in person, but given my own situation, I think it would have to be very carefully planned, and a while in advance.

The reason for that being that people don't always listen to the "rules". I can't be touched, and with my weakened immune system people have to wash their hands (my mom even prefers for people to disinfect their cellphones too). Then there's the fact that I can't be touched. Even a light hug is hard to manage.
      What happened to your immune system? (virtual hugs okay?)
      If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
        What happened to your immune system? (virtual hugs okay?)
        I have Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy, and it has, among other things, weakened my immune system. And yes, virtual hugs are okay.

Comment

I have Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy, and it has, among other things, weakened my immune system. And yes, virtual hugs are okay.
          Totally stinks. At least you only get a few decades(less than 8-10) of that vs forever in a Resurrection body, right?
          If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Thanks. If people were more willing to listen, and less willing to just pat me on the back, or try to shake my hand, etc. things would probably be a lot easier.
            So, does it hurt to type? Pain in fingers and feet? How bout sleeping -- can you find a comfortable position in which to sleep?
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
              Totally stinks. At least you only get a few decades(less than 8-10) of that vs forever in a Resurrection body, right?
              True, although I already feel like I've hit about 8 decades.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              So, does it hurt to type? Pain in fingers and feet? How bout sleeping -- can you find a comfortable position in which to sleep?
              I've never done enough typing for it to cause any excess pain. Writing however is something I avoid when possible. Pain is pretty much full body, including hands and feet. As for sleeping, the best thing for me is a recliner. I have an electric one in the very off chance I have a hard time standing up, and need a little help.

Comment

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Praying for you both.

Comment

In a hotel with my Dad in Slidell, Louisiana. MAYBE won't make the drive to Ohio. Donna (Dad's wife) is improving, and doc hopes she will be able to fly in 2 or 3 days. Dad some kind of Veterans Admin "Emergency Evac" for situations like this that should fly him and his family home for free. If that's the case, I'll stay here with Dad for a few days, being the Taxi for him and Donna's daughter, until we see what's going on.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

CP
                      3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Comment

Comment

Dad continues to improve a LOT.... back to old chipper self.

Donna is working hard at respiratory therapy, physical therapy, but she was pretty frail... definitely not being released tomorrow, but MAYBE Wednesday.

Thanks for all your prayers.

Comment

And all my mossy happy smilies, too!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment