Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Attacking McCain? He's Dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attacking McCain? He's Dead

Why is Donald Trump Attacking John McCain? John McCain is Dead. It's over and gone. Yet Donald Trump insists on attacking McCain long after he's deceased over his vote on Obamacare, not getting a "thank you" for approving his funeral. The attacks are drawing crtiticisms from Sen Lindsay Graham and Sen Johnny Isakson as well as Former Gvr. Arnold Schwarzenagger.

What I want to know is why would a person who is supposed to be a leader of the free world launch attacks and make attempts to continue a personal feud after the person is deceased? It's a special kind of low for someone to do it. Here's fox news on it. Apparently they were disgusted too.
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...-plant-workers
    https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...dents-physique
    A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
    George Bernard Shaw

Source: Babylon Bee

ANNAPOLIS, MD—Senator and former presidential candidate John McCain is gone but not forgotten. As evidence of this, the White House has revealed that early every morning President Donald Trump makes the trek to McCain’s grave so he can stand there and shout abuse at it.

“So I’m still alive today!” Trump said to McCain’s grave in his last visit. “How about you? Oh. No witty comeback? Ha!” Trump laughed, but then his mood quickly turned darker and he yelled, “You think you’re better than me?!” before kicking the grave and hurting his foot.

“He just hasn’t gotten over McCain’s death,” explained Vice President Michael Pence. “He feels that McCain passed way too early and that there was so much left unsaid between the two of them... mainly in the way of Trump blaming McCain for everything that’s gone wrong.”

So Trump visits McCain’s grave every day, stomping on any flowers people have left on it and yelling about how McCain is “nothing” and that “no one even thinks about him anymore.”

“It’s the most dedicated he has ever been to anyone,” said Trump’s wife, Melania.

© Copyright Original Source

Source
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
      Source: Babylon Bee

ANNAPOLIS, MD—Senator and former presidential candidate John McCain is gone but not forgotten. As evidence of this, the White House has revealed that early every morning President Donald Trump makes the trek to McCain’s grave so he can stand there and shout abuse at it.

“So I’m still alive today!” Trump said to McCain’s grave in his last visit. “How about you? Oh. No witty comeback? Ha!” Trump laughed, but then his mood quickly turned darker and he yelled, “You think you’re better than me?!” before kicking the grave and hurting his foot.

“He just hasn’t gotten over McCain’s death,” explained Vice President Michael Pence. “He feels that McCain passed way too early and that there was so much left unsaid between the two of them... mainly in the way of Trump blaming McCain for everything that’s gone wrong.”

So Trump visits McCain’s grave every day, stomping on any flowers people have left on it and yelling about how McCain is “nothing” and that “no one even thinks about him anymore.”

“It’s the most dedicated he has ever been to anyone,” said Trump’s wife, Melania.

Source
      Sadly the satire isn't far from the real truth. It's very sad.
      George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Trump is Trump.

If he suddenly started talking nice about McCain, people would complain about what a phony he is because he hated McCain when he was alive.

I wish he just wouldn't have said anything at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
          Why is Donald Trump Attacking John McCain?
          Because liberals are shamelessly using John McCain to attack Trump.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

And now a little perspective:

Source: Who can legitimately disagree with Trump’s “attack” on McCain?

• This isn’t talking ill of the dead, it is responding to what “the dead” with ill will started in motion
            • The dead do not get the last word
            • It is correcting the ridiculous hagiography and exposing the perfidious and spiteful nature of John McCain

https://veritaspac.com/2019/03/17/wh...ack-on-mccain/

Source: New York Post

President Trump attacked the late Sen. John McCain Saturday over recently revealed evidence that the Arizona lawmaker helped push Russia-collusion rumors in the weeks after Trump’s election.

“Spreading the fake and totally discredited Dossier ‘is unfortunately a very dark stain against John McCain,’” Trump tweeted, quoting former independent counsel Ken Starr.

Trump continued that McCain “had far worse ‘stains’ than this, including thumbs down on repeal and replace [Obamacare] after years of campaigning to repeal and replace!”

David Kramer, a former State Department official and close McCain associate, testified in a 2017 deposition that McCain sent him to London in 2016 to obtain a copy of the dossier that British ex-spy Christopher Steele had produced as opposition research for Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign.

The dossier contained damning – and still unproven – allegations that Trump or his aides had colluded with Russia to influence the 2016 election.

Kramer testified that he then gave the dossier to McCain, several Obama Administration officials, and multiple media outlets – including Buzzfeed, which published it weeks later.

His testimony was unsealed Thursday and reported in the Daily Caller.

McCain and Trump were frequent antagonists during the 2016 election and after Trump won the White House. Their antipathy ran so deep that McCain, who died of brain cancer in August, refused to allow the president to attend his funeral.

https://nypost.com/2019/03/16/trump-...ussia-dossier/

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              Because liberals are shamelessly using John McCain to attack Trump.
              I'm now hearing a good deal of chatter lately about how McCain was a key player in circulating the debunked Steele dossier after Trump was elected and had been promising everyone right up until he landed in Washington to vote against FOR repealing Obamacare and then sandbagged them purely because of petty vindictiveness toward Trump.

Still, if it were me I'd give it a rest but then as the flea-bitten pirate said, Trump is Trump.
              Last edited by rogue06; 03-21-2019, 04:59 PM. Reason: not "against" but "for"

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                Trump is Trump.

If he suddenly started talking nice about McCain, people would complain about what a phony he is because he hated McCain when he was alive.

I wish he just wouldn't have said anything at all.
                My thought about this wasn't did he have to talk nice about McCain. It's "Why did he have to bring McCain up at all?" So yeah, We agree. The man is dead. Why can't Trump keep his mouth shut? He might be Trump but is there anyone who can get him to ZIP IT?
                George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  Trump is Trump.
                  The really appalling thing is that he is so much more than that; he is the POTUS. He represents you. I agree that he is unbearable.
                  “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                  “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                  “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
                    My thought about this wasn't did he have to talk nice about McCain. It's "Why did he have to bring McCain up at all?" So yeah, We agree. The man is dead. Why can't Trump keep his mouth shut? He might be Trump but is there anyone who can get him to ZIP IT?
                    Well, it came out last week that one of McCain's top aides had given the press info from the faked Steel dossier, and that pissed Trump off. And he retaliated to that info in Trumpian fashion - carpet bombing.
                    That's what
                    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

I suspect McCain doesn't actually care that President Trump is insulting him.

He has other things to be concerned with.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                        Well, it came out last week that one of McCain's top aides had given the press info from the faked Steel dossier, and that pissed Trump off. And he retaliated to that info in Trumpian fashion - carpet bombing.
                        The McCain connection is more direct than simply "one of McCain's top aides". Rather, McCain specifically instructed his aide to go retrieve the hoax document, and then once McCain himself got it in his hot little hands, he smeared it around Capital Hill and gave copies to the media.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                          I suspect McCain doesn't actually care that President Trump is insulting him.

He has other things to be concerned with.
                          Like?
                          "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                            Like?
                            No, that's not a troll at all! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                              Like?
                              Think about it, Charles.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment