Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Attacking McCain? He's Dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
    What?

Sparko - you are explicitly accusing me of saying/meaning something I did not say/mean - and insisting your interpretation is correct. I'm not reading your mind - it's what you have just said.

What is WITH you?
    ahem:

Actually - you have. You added meaning I did not put there.
    All I did was say "Bull" the rest of the post is YOUR OWN WORDS. So you are accusing me of saying/meaning something I did not say/mean.

Then you do the mind reading trick that you claim you hate when I do and which you called me a liar about recently, and you actually accuse me of it in the very sentence you are doing it to me:

But as usual with you, your interpretation rules! What someone else actually meant and was saying is meaningless, even when it is supported by the actual post. You are the "king of what is going on in someone else's mind." I have pretty much come to expect it - and I have pretty much come to realize you will probably NEVER acknowledge misunderstanding someone else's post - certainly not if that someone is me.
    Astounding hypocrisy. really well done.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

All I did was say "Bull" the rest of the post is YOUR OWN WORDS. So you are accusing me of saying/meaning something I did not say/mean.

Then you do the mind reading trick that you claim you hate when I do and which you called me a liar about recently, and you actually accuse me of it in the very sentence you are doing it to me:

Astounding hypocrisy. really well done.
      OK - you now have wandered off the deep end of self-justification. I leave it to you. I wasn't really expecting an acknowledgment.
      The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

OK - you now have wandered off the deep end of self-justification. I leave it to you. I wasn't really expecting an acknowledgment.
        None so blind as they who cannot see.

Comment

None so blind as they who cannot see.
          My thought exactly.

Seriously, Sparko - I find myself wondering about your mental health. I make a statement. You insist what I said meant something other than what I said. You call my clarification "bull" and quote my original comment back - which only shows that I said pretty much exactly what my clarification indicated. And now I'm apparently "reading your mind."

Do you need to "win" so badly that you're willing to make arguments this divorced from reality? I have to admit that is what is coming across. But only you know why you are doing what you are doing.

And this conversation has long since descended into absurdity, IMO. I'll leave the wrap-up to you.
          Last edited by carpedm9587; 03-25-2019, 08:59 AM.
          The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

My thought exactly.

Seriously, Sparko - I find myself wondering about your mental health. I make a statement. You insist what I said meant something other than what I said. You call my clarification "bull" and quote my original comment back - which only shows that I said pretty much exactly what my clarification indicated. And now I'm apparently "reading your mind."

Do you need to "win" so badly that you're willing to make arguments this divorced from reality? I have to admit that is what is coming across. But only you know why you are doing what you are doing.

And this conversation has long since descended into absurdity, IMO. I'll leave the wrap-up to you.
            Carp, my mental health is just fine. You just seem to have a blind spot when it comes to your own hypocrisy. You did to me exactly what you were complaining about I was doing to you: Telling me what I "said" and "meant"

It's like you can't take your own medicine. And you seem to be unable to commit to a point of view. You say one thing which everyone clearly saw, then when people question you on that, you get upset and say that you didn't say that and they are trying to tell you what you were thinking. You are freaking nuts Or you are a pretty masterful troll.

Comment

Carp, my mental health is just fine. You just seem to have a blind spot when it comes to your own hypocrisy. You did to me exactly what you were complaining about I was doing to you: Telling me what I "said" and "meant"

It's like you can't take your own medicine. And you seem to be unable to commit to a point of view. You say one thing which everyone clearly saw, then when people question you on that, you get upset and say that you didn't say that and they are trying to tell you what you were thinking. You are freaking nuts Or you are a pretty masterful troll.
              OK - so what exactly did I accuse you of "meaning" that was not something you posted? Please be specific.

Comment

OK - so what exactly did I accuse you of "meaning" that was not something you posted? Please be specific.
                I told you above. I am not going to repeat myself.

Comment

I told you above. I am not going to repeat myself.
                  OK. I'll take you at your word.
                  • MM said: Right. We're supposed to believe that McCain ordered Kramer to retrieve the dossier and bring it back to Washington and then just let him do his own thing after that.
                  • Carpe said: None of which I said or suggested
                  • Sparko said: "bull" and then pasted my statement: "So I'm reading all of this to say Kramer distributed the document - not McCain. Am I missing something?"

That is definitively what occurred, and I interpreted "bull" to be short for "bullpoop" (or some variation thereof), expressing your disbelief in my claim that I never said or suggested that anyone was "supposed to believe that McCain ordered Kramer to retrieve the dossier and bring it back to Washington and then just let him do his own thing after that."

Based on your last post - I'm assuming you believe I have misinterpreted your meaning when you said "bull" and you were not actually disagreeing with me and that was not your reason for posting my words. So can you tell me what "bull" meant in that context?
                  Last edited by carpedm9587; 03-25-2019, 02:21 PM.

Comment

OK. I'll take you at your word.
                    • MM said: Right. We're supposed to believe that McCain ordered Kramer to retrieve the dossier and bring it back to Washington and then just let him do his own thing after that.
                    • Carpe said: None of which I said or suggested
                    • Sparko said: "bull" and then pasted my statement: "So I'm reading all of this to say Kramer distributed the document - not McCain. Am I missing something?"

That is definitively what occurred, and I interpreted "bull" to be short for "bullpoop" (or some variation thereof), expressing your disbelief in my claim that I never said or suggested that anyone was "supposed to believe that McCain ordered Kramer to retrieve the dossier and bring it back to Washington and then just let him do his own thing after that."

Based on your last post - I'm assuming you believe I have misinterpreted your meaning when you said "bull" and you were not actually disagreeing with me and that was not your reason for posting my words. So can you tell me what "bull" meant in that context?
                    You "assume" a lot for someone who gets all upset about people assuming what you say. I said what I said. You can go back and read it. I don't owe you any explanation other than that.

Comment

You "assume" a lot for someone who gets all upset about people assuming what you say. I said what I said. You can go back and read it. I don't owe you any explanation other than that.
                      No - I don't get upset when people assume what I say. Indeed, I am seldom "upset" here at all (though I am often told I am). I object when someone misinterprets what I say, and then refuses to accept my clarification, insisting on their own instead. That happens a great deal.

So, I am asking you if I have misinterpreted your "bull," and asking for a clarification so I understand it correctly. If you choose not to do so...we'll have to leave it at that.

Comment

No - I don't get upset when people assume what I say. Indeed, I am seldom "upset" here at all (though I am often told I am). I object when someone misinterprets what I say, and then refuses to accept my clarification, insisting on their own instead. That happens a great deal.

So, I am asking you if I have misinterpreted your "bull," and asking for a clarification so I understand it correctly. If you choose not to do so...we'll have to leave it at that.
                        Fine with me.

Comment

Fine with me.
                          Sparko - the childishness you have exhibited in this exchange is truly mind-boggling. If I stooped to such behavior, I would have a difficult time looking myself in the eye while shaving.
                          Last edited by carpedm9587; 03-26-2019, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Sparko - the childishness you have exhibited in this exchange is truly mind-boggling. If I stooped to such behavior, I would have a difficult time looking myself in the eye while shaving.
                            Actually I was imitating you. So...

Comment

Actually I was imitating you. So...
                              No - not even close. What you did was take a common word, that has a commonly agreed upon meaning, and whose meaning was supported by the clip you posted of my previous statement, and objected when I responded based on that interpretation of the word.

When you objected that I "misunderstood you," I gave you the benefit of the doubt, laid out the exchange, and asked you to correct my perception with what you actually meant. You declined.

I have no idea what is going on for you - but here is what that might have looked like as a mature discussion.

Sparko - You have misinterpreted my "bull."
                              Carpe - Really? It seemed so clear to me. OK - I'll take you at your word. What did you actually mean?
                              Sparko - I meant (insert meaning here).
                              Carpe - OK - thanks for the clarification.

I frankly cannot fathom what other meaning "bull" could have had in that context. I strongly suspect no one else here can suggest another meaning of "bull" in that context. The impression I have is that you are playing games out of pique. But that is an impression - I can only tell you what it looks like from out here. You're the only one that knows what is going on in there.

I leave you to your conscience and your agenda - whatever it may be.

Comment

No - not even close. What you did was take a common word, that has a commonly agreed upon meaning, and whose meaning was supported by the clip you posted of my previous statement, and objected when I responded based on that interpretation of the word.

When you objected that I "misunderstood you," I gave you the benefit of the doubt, laid out the exchange, and asked you to correct my perception with what you actually meant. You declined.

I have no idea what is going on for you - but here is what that might have looked like as a mature discussion.

Sparko - You have misinterpreted my "bull."
                                Carpe - Really? It seemed so clear to me. OK - I'll take you at your word. What did you actually mean?
                                Sparko - I meant (insert meaning here).
                                Carpe - OK - thanks for the clarification.

I frankly cannot fathom what other meaning "bull" could have had in that context. I strongly suspect no one else here can suggest another meaning of "bull" in that context. The impression I have is that you are playing games out of pique. But that is an impression - I can only tell you what it looks like from out here. You're the only one that knows what is going on in there.

I leave you to your conscience and your agenda - whatever it may be.
                                You are right. If I was imitating you correctly I would need to split up your posts and write a novel in my reply while denying everything you say. I just don't have the energy for that. Sorry.

I was just trying to get you to see how you are acting. But I see that was in vain. You are too unaware to recognize it. I will let you have the last word.

Comment