Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

You wanted to burn Hillary?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tabibito View Post
    From outside ... Trump doesn't seem overly different from Obama when it comes to those matters. What Trump has in greater supply than Obama is brashness and self satisfaction.
    I wouldn't even concede that. To me the differences are that Trump is more noisy and less refined.

And maybe a bit less "clean" and "articulate."
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
      Other words that are wrong. Not that being accurate or honest is of any great concern or value in the age of Trump.

A time when to be a person that values decency or honesty must be the enemy of Trump and those that support him.

It is sir an honor to have earned your disdain over this issue. And i wear it proudly.

So please. Let each of you continue your mockery of what is good, of what is right, of what is decent. Do let the whole world know the cost to the soul that is allegience to Donald Trump!

Jim
      Self-righteous rationalization of TDS.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post
        From outside ... Trump doesn't seem overly different from Obama when it comes to those matters. What Trump has in greater supply than Obama is brashness and self satisfaction.
        It was an Obama era tradition to count the number of times he referred to himself in a speech, and it was usually a lot. If it were a drinking game, you would have been blackout drunk by the end of even a short address.

The funniest was when he referred to himself dozens of times in a speech that was supposed to be about Hillary.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Self Satisfaction and Self Importance - not quite the same thing.
          1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
          ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
          Scripture before Tradition:
          but that won't prevent others from
          taking it upon themselves to deprive you
          of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Other words that are wrong. Not that being accurate or honest is of any great concern or value in the age of Trump.
            Apparently neither are things like due process or presumption of innocence until proven guilty in a court of law.

A time when to be a person that values decency or honesty must be the enemy of Trump and those that support him.
            This mindset is patently disgusting, but a clear indicator of what is wrong with the widening divide of the country.

It is sir an honor to have earned your disdain over this issue. And i wear it proudly.

So please. Let each of you continue your mockery of what is good, of what is right, of what is decent. Do let the whole world know the cost to the soul that is allegience to Donald Trump!

Jim
            And let you continue to deride the Constitution and the judicial system. Your hatred of Trump has gotten the best of you Jim, and you just aren't able to be objective. And until you realize that, you harbor hatred in your heart for your enemy. And THAT, my brother, is not good, right, or just. Seek justice, love mercy.
            That's what
            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Jim

There you go trying to paint anyone who doesn't agree with you as deplorables.

Comment

Tis an interesting process, the way that oppressive groups bring themselves to an end. That most recent previous example was McCarthy. Did fine getting the whole world (hyperbolic) fired up hunting down "commies" in every corner and under every bed ... then (running out of other victims) he decided it was time to bring the churches to their knees. With that, silent majority outrage finally kicked in - and that was the end of the McCarthy era.

A long time earlier, the witch hunters brought themselves to a sticky end in much the same manner.

And now perhaps, the fascist left. I thought it would continue for another decade (give or take) ... but now I'm wondering if the tide has already turned.
                1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                Scripture before Tradition:
                but that won't prevent others from
                taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

It would depend on the content that was encrypted and whether or not he did not keep a record of the communication if he were required to do so.
                  #1 is only partially correct and #2 is correct. The content being encrypted in this case isn't as important as the encryption scheme. If WhatsApp uses weak encryption algorithms, it can be an issue. I don't know what their cypher strength is off the top of my head. But, no matter what the medium used, as long as records were forwarded to official systems for archival, there is no issue with using a COTS (Commercial Off the Shelf) application. The government ROUTINELY uses things like Amazon Web Services, Office365, Skype for Business, and a host of other public services to communicate and collaborate. WhatsApp is one of the most frequently used messenger apps in the world, and several governments use it exclusively for communicating with other governments.

Source: https://www.archives.gov/records-mgmt/initiatives/im-faq.html

Does IM Content Qualify as a Federal Record?
                  The statutory definition of records (44 U.S.C. 3301) includes all machine readable materials made or received by an agency of the United States Government under Federal law or in connection with the transaction of public business. Agencies that allow IM traffic on their networks must recognize that such content may be a Federal record under that definition and must manage the records accordingly. The ephemeral nature of IM heightens the need for users to be aware that they may be creating records using this application, and to properly manage and preserve record content. Agency records management staff determine the record status of the IM content based on the overall records management policies and practices of their agency.

© Copyright Original Source

The issue is that given the endless stream of shady characters and actions associated with Trump and the people around him, this would be a good way to conduct shady business without it being easily discovered.
                  So, guilt by association and presumption of guilt before trial. How very unconstitutional of you.

It is yet a another instance within the Trump inner circle of people behaving opaquely, as if they have something to hide.
                  No. It's just another example of media-driven hysteria that you are buying like it is a Black Friday deal...
                  That's what
                  - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                  - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                  - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    There you go trying to paint anyone who doesn't agree with you as deplorables.
                    You can smear me as much as you wish my friend. Each time you and others do this sort of thing you condemn yourselves. It is truly sad that this specific community of christians has adopted such a hostile and punative character

Jim
                    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 03-25-2019, 08:31 AM.
                    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

You can smear me as much as you wish my friend. Each time you and others do this sort of thing you condemn yourselves. It is truly sad that this specific community of christians has adopted such a hostile and punative character

Jim
                      I wasn't smearing you Jim, I was pointing out that you were smearing us. You keep calling into question our integrity as Christians because we don't agree with you about Trump. That is uncalled for and just plain wrong. I would never question your integrity or dedication as a Christian even though we disagree politically on many things.

Comment

Because it couldn't possibly be you that's the problem, right?
                        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment