No announcement yet.

Premonitions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had this odd dream last night that we were watching John MacArthur preaching at his church, except that the large sanctuary was instead much smaller with white walls all around and a large window behind the pulpit. Then I saw Benny Hinn walk in to listen to John preach. But when I looked back at John, he'd turned into Leslie Neilson.

I wonder if Benny intends to repent in the near future! ...Or maybe he'll pretend to at first, and then claim he was joking?
    ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post
      I had this odd dream last night that we were watching John MacArthur preaching at his church, except that the large sanctuary was instead much smaller with white walls all around and a large window behind the pulpit. Then I saw Benny Hinn walk in to listen to John preach. But when I looked back at John, he'd turned into Leslie Neilson.

I wonder if Benny intends to repent in the near future! ...Or maybe he'll pretend to at first, and then claim he was joking?
      Who cares?

I want to know if John MacArthur is going to turn into Leslie Neilson!

Comment

Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post

You obviously need to stop eating cookies before bedtime.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I knew a woman named Laura years ago who grew up in the circus. She was very strong and powerful as a girl. Her father called her "the Powerful Katrinka" I guess after a famous strong lady. I had a strange dream about her in which the two middle fingers of her right hand were connected by a web of skin. I told her about it. She was intrigued by it but neither of us knew what to make of it.

About ten years later, I was reading a novel in which a woman is trying to convince a guy to marry her. She's telling him why he should marry her, that she's very strong and powerful. And I immediately think of Laura and whenever I think of Laura, I think of that dream and the fingers. So this character tells the guy she's strong, that she can cook, sew, etc. Then I turn the page and she says, "But I have one flaw. The two middle fingers of my right hand are connected by a web of skin." (!)

I've had several dreams that seem to be premonitions of death. I dreamt that my cat was eaten by a neighbor's dog. I told my girlfriend about it when I woke up. That cat was run over and killed that afternoon right in front of my house.

Another weird one: I asked my brother to think of a number from one to ten, He guessed 6. I said, "No, I was thinking of 7." Then I changed the channel on the tv to an Abbott and Costello movie. Abbott: "Think of a number from one to ten." Costello: "6" Abbott: "No. I was thinking of 7."

Comment

Originally posted by Jim B. View Post
            Another weird one: I asked my brother to think of a number from one to ten, He guessed 6. I said, "No, I was thinking of 7." Then I changed the channel on the tv to an Abbott and Costello movie. Abbott: "Think of a number from one to ten." Costello: "6" Abbott: "No. I was thinking of 7."
            hehe...
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
              hehe...
              A while back there actually was a bunch of "impossible" practical jokes called something like "Cruel Tricks for Dear Friends" by Penn and Teller. The one I remember used a VCR tape (I did say "a while back") and a rigged deck of cards for a pick a card trick.

What you did was turn on the tape just as your target comes over (don't let them see you do it). The tape is from some old public domain gangster movie and runs for a few minutes. During that time tell the target you know a real cool trick, pick up the conveniently nearby deck of cards and have him/her "pick a card any card." When they put the card back in the deck, shuffle it and then pull out a card (a wrong one) and ask them if that's it. Of course they'll tell you it isn't. Act dejected muttering how you don't understand how it didn't work.

Soon after, in the video that is playing, there will be a newsbreak for some, uh, breaking news. Can't remember what it was but it was with any detail or specifics. If necessary, draw the target's attention to the TV. Suddenly, during the newsbreak someone will hand the "reporter" a piece of paper, to which the "reporter" acts slightly startled when he sees it. Then looking very solemnly, while holding the newscopy in his hands he quickly flips it around so you can see it is a large copy of the card the target had drawn, and asks with a big grin "Is this your card?"

In an instant later, the "reporter" has dropped the card down and resumes giving the non-details of the breaking news story that they'll be covering after the movie is over. At this point it goes back to the old gangster movie for several more minutes (IIRC to the end).

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                A while back there actually was a bunch of "impossible" practical jokes called something like "Cruel Tricks for Dear Friends" by Penn and Teller. The one I remember used a VCR tape (I did say "a while back") and a rigged deck of cards for a pick a card trick.

What you did was turn on the tape just as your target comes over (don't let them see you do it). The tape is from some old public domain gangster movie and runs for a few minutes. During that time tell the target you know a real cool trick, pick up the conveniently nearby deck of cards and have him/her "pick a card any card." When they put the card back in the deck, shuffle it and then pull out a card (a wrong one) and ask them if that's it. Of course they'll tell you it isn't. Act dejected muttering how you don't understand how it didn't work.

Soon after, in the video that is playing, there will be a newsbreak for some, uh, breaking news. Can't remember what it was but it was with any detail or specifics. If necessary, draw the target's attention to the TV. Suddenly, during the newsbreak someone will hand the "reporter" a piece of paper, to which the "reporter" acts slightly startled when he sees it. Then looking very solemnly, while holding the newscopy in his hands he quickly flips it around so you can see it is a large copy of the card the target had drawn, and asks with a big grin "Is this your card?"

In an instant later, the "reporter" has dropped the card down and resumes giving the non-details of the breaking news story that they'll be covering after the movie is over. At this point it goes back to the old gangster movie for several more minutes (IIRC to the end).
                Have you ever watched Derren Brown? He is one of those mentalists that can spookily read and program your mind by planting suggestions into your subconscious.

Comment

I knew somebody was going to revive this thread.
                  I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                    I knew somebody was going to revive this thread.
                    I knew you were going to say that.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment