Premonitions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premonitions?

I experienced a couple of strange events in the last few days. First on Thursday night I had a dream that a woman named Penny was trying to get a hold of me, when I woke up I was trying to remember who I knew named Penny (Penny from Sky King TV show and my Uncle's dog came to mind, Penny Marshall), besides that I didn't remember any one named Penny. Well I check my social media that morning and sure enough a woman named Penny responded to one of my posts in a common area over night. Yesterday morning as I was waking up I have a vision of a German Shepherd attacking my Aussie and his master was no where in sight. Sure enough yesterday morning a German Shepherd came over a hill and promptly attacked Blue (Blue, though old, gave a good showing of himself). With his master no where in sight. His master finally showed up. He said he always keeps his dog leashed but yesterday morning was so bitter, windy and snow driven that he did think there would be anyone else out. The timing of these seem more than coincidence.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

OK, my favorite "premonition" story.

I was dating a girl in Baltimore, MD. No, I didn't live there, I met her at my best friend's wedding (no, she was not his wife) and we really hit it off.

We were deeply in love in this long distance relationship until I started getting phone bills. (This was back before cell phones and free long distance calls)

Her name was Ruth. She knew I was a police officer (at the time) and was worried about me in that role, and always suggested I should do something less dangerous.

One night she called me, and seemed really concerned. She had had a dream.

The dream:
      ================================================== ========

In this dream, I had come upon a red sports car speeding on the interstate, and I attempted to stop this vehicle. After a brief chase (often used for the driver to conceal whatever he doesn't want us to find) the vehicle pulled over under a bridge, next to some construction equipment. As I got out of my patrol unit, I was walking up to the red car, and the driver - a female - waited until I got to the window of her vehicle, then shot me 3 times in the chest, killing me. (body armor back then was very expensive, and hadn't quite "caught on")

The actual:

Three nights later, working the midnight shift, about 3 AM, I saw a red sports car driving at a high rate of speed. I pursued, and after a brief chase, the vehicle pulled over near a bridge by a cotton combine that had apparently broken down just before the bridge. With Ruth's dream in mind, and chills up my spine, I slowly approached the vehicle, my partner approaching on the passenger's side. I stopped by the rear quarter panel of the vehicle, and motioned my partner to approach the passenger window, and said in a quiet but definite voice "gun!" He looked surprised, but approached the window, shining his flashlight in, catching the driver off guard. By that time, I was at the driver's window, and loudly ordered the female occupant to put her hands on the dashboard and DO NOT MOVE!

Another patrol unit arrived, and I waited until that officer approached on my side of the vehicle, and said, again, "gun!" We got her out of the vehicle, and the DPS officer who had arrived looked under her seat and found a snub-nosed .38 with three empty shell casings and three live rounds. My partner handcuffed the woman, for whom there were numerous warrants, one of which was for domestic violence where she had shot (but not killed) her common law husband.

The complication:

When the DA was going over the case with me, he asked me again to describe the scene. Then he asked, "what was your probable cause for searching the vehicle"?

When I told him it was the dream of a girl in Baltimore, MD, he just sat there and stared at me. I told him the dream, and, again, he just stared, then he started slowly whistling the theme to Twilight Zone.

Fortunately, the defense never pushed the "probable cause" aspect, cause if they did, it would have been interesting to see how a judge would respond to PC being "the dream of a girlfriend in another state".
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

The owner of a retail store where I used to work had some friends who had just come back from a road trip. Before the trip, the wife had a dream where her husband had a heart attack whilst driving. She was so shaken up when she awoke, she went online to look up what she should do if that really happened. Sure enough, it happened on their trip, and since she had had a heads up she knew exactly what to do.
        Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

I had a premonition that Seer was going to start a thread on premonitions!

I win.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

I win.
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

I had a dream I'll share later when I have time.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

That is eerie, Cow Poke.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

I win.
                  I had a premonition that Sparko would refuse to bathe and make a clumsy effort to steal bacon.

Eerie ain't it?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    I had a premonition that Sparko would refuse to bathe and make a clumsy effort to steal bacon.

Eerie ain't it?
                    No, that is just a common every day thing....

Comment

I worked in a shop about 25 years ago. One of the first times I was alone in the store, and cashed out at the end of the day, I was short by $5. I rechecked everything several times over and couldn't figure it out.

We had a cash register, old timey, and it had a drawer in it with a removeable tray for the cash and coins. That night I had a dream that there was a $5 bill underneath that drawer. We never lifted that drawer up, never kept anything underneath it, and I hadn't looked under it because it never occurred to me that there was anything underneath there.

It really bothered me that I was short that money, and when I went in to work the next day, I explained to my boss that I was short, and then I said, "you are going to think I'm crazy, but would you please lift up the tray in the cash register and look there, because I dreamed last night that there was a $5 bill underneath." If there was nothing there, I was prepared to make up the shortfall from my wages.

She looked at me kind of funny, and then went to the register and lifted up the drawer. There, indeed, was a $5 bill. She looked at me and I looked at her and I shrugged and said, "I don't know how it got there".

I was never short again, except maybe for a few cents. I have no idea if the boss had put that bill under the tray to trick me for some reason, but she wasn't like that, and seemed more surprised than I was to see it.

I have never had a dream like that since. I do believe that God was telling me to look under that tray.

The people I worked with knew I am a Christian, and I often think that God used that episode to help establish my faith in their eyes. I know that their language certainly changed after than incident and they no longer used the Lord's name in vain when I was around.

I don't know. It was a weird thing to happen.

P.S. I don't think anybody ever found anything else under that tray. I used to look under there once in a while and never saw anything.
                      Last edited by mossrose; 03-24-2019, 03:13 PM.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by LeaC View Post
                        That is eerie, Cow Poke.
                        Yeah, I'll never forget the look on the faces of my partner and the DPS guy when he pulled the gun from under the seat. They both and looked at me like "how did you know?" All the way back to the station, my partner kept saying "you said 'gun' even before we looked in the vehicle!"
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I remember having lots of "deja vu's". I would call those glitch premonitions, because you forgotten about them in your dreams. There's a glitch in the matrix neo.

Comment

I think a fairly common premonition is the one where you think about somebody you haven't seen in a long time, and the next day they show up or call you or text you or something.

Just had one recently where I was thinking about my Pastor's son, wondering how he's doing after his dad passed, and Paul texted me out of the blue asking for advice on doing a wedding. I had literally looked up his phone number to send him a text, and there he was!

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              I think a fairly common premonition is the one where you think about somebody you haven't seen in a long time, and the next day they show up or call you or text you or something.

Just had one recently where I was thinking about my Pastor's son, wondering how he's doing after his dad passed, and Paul texted me out of the blue asking for advice on doing a wedding. I had literally looked up his phone number to send him a text, and there he was!
                              The Matrix is real!

Comment