Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

No Collusion!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grady was fired.
    The president said in a tweet that Kevin McAleenan, the commissioner of Customs and Border Protection, would take over as the acting replacement for Ms. Nielsen, who became the sixth secretary to lead the agency in late 2017. But by law, the under secretary for management, Claire Grady, who is currently serving as acting deputy secretary, is next in line to be acting secretary. The White House will have to fire her to make Mr. McAleenan acting secretary, people familiar with the transition said. Ms. Grady has told colleagues that she has no intention of resigning to make way for Mr. McAleenan.

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
      Grady was fired.
      So was Paul Manafort but you didn't seem to care much about that detail.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
        oops...

Obama White House counsel Gregory Craig charged by federal prosecutors over alleged Ukraine lies

Gregory Craig, who was White House counsel under President Barack Obama, was indicted Thursday on charges of lying and hiding information related to his work for Ukraine.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/11/obam...osecutors.html
        He served 1 year as white house council under Obama and the indictment is concerning work he later did with the convicted criminal and Trump campaign manager, Paul Manafort, as an unregistered lobbyist working for the Russian backed Ukrainian government.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
          He served 1 year as white house council under Obama and the indictment is concerning work he later did with the convicted criminal and Trump campaign manager, Paul Manafort, as an unregistered lobbyist working for the Russian backed Ukrainian government.
          Manafort was Trump's campaign chairman for three months, and everything he was accused of happened years before he worked for Trump. You have a double standard.
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Manafort was Trump's campaign chairman for three months, and everything he was accused of happened years before he worked for Trump. You have a double standard.
            Wrong again. What Craig is accused of is not registering as a foriegn lobbyist to work with Manafort for the Russian backed Ukranian government and he did this long after his stint in the Obama administration. That's not what Manafort is going to prison for, and not what he was under surveillance for. If he is found guilty, then he should pay the penalty like anyone else. No double standard!

Comment

oops...

Obama White House counsel Gregory Craig charged by federal prosecutors over alleged Ukraine lies

Gregory Craig, who was White House counsel under President Barack Obama, was indicted Thursday on charges of lying and hiding information related to his work for Ukraine.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/11/obam...osecutors.html
              And now, the rest of the story...

Source: Review The Dates: Mueller Special Counsel Shaped Prosecution of Obama Lawyer Greg Craig…

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...er-greg-craig/

© Copyright Original Source

This is my go-to site anytime I want a "deep dive" analysis of the latest Washington developments.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                Part of the problem is that public schools are doing such a poor job that colleges now have to spend time on remedial education. It's no longer the case that only the best and brightest are able to get into college.
                I was kind of embarrassed that I never learned to use a slide-rule. (My class in high school was the first that bypassed that, as affordable pocket calculators had become sufficiently widespread.) But then recently one of my friends said she literally has to teach college kids how to use regular rulers! And handling fractions is just out of the realm of possibility.

This world cannot end soon enough.
                Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                  Yep, Atty Gen. Barr has revealed himself to be nothing more than a Trump toady. So embarrassing! What's worse is these knuckleheaded conservatives who think they are so smart and yet are so easily conned.
                  In February, Rosy said Barr would do a fine job.

He recently doubled down on that.

OTOH, Turley notes Rosy has problems of his own.
                  Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post

BTW, I see that Starlight is MIA. Does someone know where he is?
                    "I'm done with this site and the fools running it. It's been good to chat with you over the years. But this time I've had enough and won't be back here". This in part is the message Starlight sent me over a month ago.

Comment

It is the only standard that many on the left have.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                        "I'm done with this site and the fools running it. It's been good to chat with you over the years. But this time I've had enough and won't be back here". This in part is the message Starlight sent me over a month ago.
                        Oh dear!
                        Maybe he tried too hard. In my experience, the best we can do is temper the foolishness a tiny bit and from time to time, introduce some news that would otherwise go unnoticed.
                        Thanks for letting me know.

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                            but there were allegations that Russians actively sought to boost the campaign and communicate with people working on it.
                            Right and that was directly referenced in the Mueller report that the Trump people rebuffed those advances from the Russians.

"Special Counsel did not find that the Trump campaign, or anyone associated with it, conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in these efforts, despite multiple offers from Russian-affiliated individuals to assist the Trump campaign."

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...er-report.html
                            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
                              Translation:
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• [QUOTE=Mountain Man;626379]And now, the rest of the story...

Source: Review The Dates: Mueller Special Counsel Shaped Prosecution of Obama Lawyer Greg Craig…

[ATTACH=CONFIG]36285[/ATTACH]
                                https://theconservativetreehouse.com...er-greg-craig/

© Copyright Original Source

[B]This is my go-to site anytime I want a "deep dive" analysis of the latest Washington developments.[B]
                                That's why you're such an idiot.

Comment