Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

No Collusion!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    That's why you're such an idiot.
    Wow, a proper use of a contraction!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
      "I'm done with this site and the fools running it. It's been good to chat with you over the years. But this time I've had enough and won't be back here". This in part is the message Starlight sent me over a month ago.
      He'll be back like a bad penny.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
        Oh dear!
        Maybe he tried too hard. In my experience, the best we can do is temper the foolishness a tiny bit and from time to time, introduce some news that would otherwise go unnoticed.
        Thanks for letting me know.
        I actually kinda liked him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
          That's why you're such an idiot.
          One point for constructing a grammatically correct sentence without any spelling errors. -100 points for ignoring the source and appealing to the ad hominem fallacy.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            One point for constructing a grammatically correct sentence without any spelling errors. -100 points for ignoring the source and appealing to the ad hominem fallacy.
            No points for the incredible Iron E?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              I actually kinda liked him.
              I couldn't figure him out. I mean, he claimed to have a genius level IQ and yet said some of the most irrational stuff that's ever been posted on tWeb. Was he smart but astoundingly naive? Was he really an idiot who lied about his intellectual prowess? Was he deceived? Was he insane? Was he just trolling us and having a laugh? I was never entirely sure.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                I couldn't figure him out. I mean, he claimed to have a genius level IQ and yet said some of the most irrational stuff that's ever been posted on tWeb. Was he smart by astoundingly naive? Was he deceived? Was he insane? Was he just trolling us and having a laugh? I was never entirely sure.
                I think there was a whole lot of "poking the bear", but, yeah, I quite often couldn't tell if he was 'for real'.

Comment

Iron E.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I have no idea why this almost made me choke on my orange juice, but it did.

Comment

"I'm done with this site and the fools running it. It's been good to chat with you over the years. But this time I've had enough and won't be back here". This in part is the message Starlight sent me over a month ago.
                      Translation: "After years of not being able to get folks to believe my unproven arguments because those who know better or are experts in the fields I arrogantly say I know all about. I'm going to do what I always do when things get to hot for me in the threads and pull a brave sir robin by running away; because I don't want people to see what a close minded anti-intellectual I am."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8IkbCeZ9to

to bad for Starlight his close minded anti intellectualism is here on Tweb for all to see.
                      Last edited by RumTumTugger; 04-12-2019, 12:19 PM.

Comment

He'll be back like a bad penny.
                        They don't call Tweb the Hotel California of websites for no reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                          Right and that was directly referenced in the Mueller report that the Trump people rebuffed those advances from the Russians.

"Special Counsel did not find that the Trump campaign, or anyone associated with it, conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in these efforts, despite multiple offers from Russian-affiliated individuals to assist the Trump campaign."

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...er-report.html
                          We haven't seen the Mueller Report, merely the Barr 'spin' on it. Not having evidence "beyond reasonable doubt" is not the same as "not having evidence". Trump and his associated were NOT exonerated and the public needs to see why.

Comment

Yup.... (bolding mine)

The Dumbing Down of College Curriculums

An astounding proportion of students are progressing through higher education today without measurable gains in general skills many students are not improving their skills in critical thinking, complex reasoning, and writing...
                            With all that free federal grant money sitting there for the taking, something had to go. Guess what went to the wayside?
                            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

We haven't seen the Mueller Report, merely the Barr 'spin' on it. Not having evidence "beyond reasonable doubt" is not the same as "not having evidence". Trump and his associated were NOT exonerated and the public needs to see why.
                              And you can bet your bottom dollar that Trumps toadies, Atty Gen. Barr, S. Mnuchin etc etc will do all they think they can get away with to keep that report from going public. Mnuchin is already coming very close to breaking the law (5 year prison sentence) by trying to obstruct Congress from procuring Trumps tax filings from the IRS which he promised to make public during his campaign. And atty Gen Barr, who told Congress at his confirmation hearings that he would be as transparent as possible is doing just the opposite in his attempt to hide the Mueller report from the public.

Comment

We haven't seen the Mueller Report, merely the Barr 'spin' on it. Not having evidence "beyond reasonable doubt" is not the same as "not having evidence".
                                In order to keep this fantasy up you continue to purposefully omit the fact that Rod Rosenstein (the man who tried to get people to wear hidden microphones in order to collect evidence to have Trump impeached) worked alongside of Barr to write the summary. If this was "spin" you can bet he wouldn't be silent and would have immediately disassociated himself from it.

Further, Mueller has already shown that when someone misrepresents or fabricates something about his work he will publicly step up and call them out on it (like he did when Buzzfeed falsely claimed that Trump directed his former lawyer Michael Cohen to lie to Congress). He would not be silent if Barr was not portraying things accurately.

Learn to deal with it or get ready for yet another major disappointment where you're forced to grasp at even fewer straws in a vain attempt to keep this wild conspiracy theory afloat.

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                                Trump and his associated were NOT exonerated and the public needs to see why.
                                Mueller said there was no evidence for collusion. Deal with it. The fat lady has already sang, left the stage and is eating dinner at a restaurant across town.

Moreover, an investigative prosecutor like Mueller cannot "exonerate" anyone all he can do is say whether or not there is sufficient evidence to proceed. And he said there wasn't. Deal with it. The fat lady is now finishing desert.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment