Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

No Collusion!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Can you please cite your best example of "Republican hysterical nonsense"?

thanks
    Look at the Republican attack on Adam Schiff. If we accept that Trumpco did not cooperate with the Russian Government we still have the fact of Russian interference and influence in the 2016 election and possibly beyond. This is much too big a deal to ignore but it seems that because the Republicans were beneficiaries they are not interested in doing their duty to the country.

Having said that, Democrats suspect that Barr’s decision on collusion is political. Given Barr’s previous remarks about the Mueller probe, that suspicion is reasonable and they need to see the full report.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
    “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• I once said (reasonably early in the peace) that if Russia interfered in the USA elections it would not need collusion on the part of any Americans - it would happily interfere independently in favour of whichever party Russia perceived as more amenable to Russian interests.
      Two years of the MSM setting the hounds on a false trail that they themselves set - more than two years of deliberately trying to "educate" (i.e. brainwash) the public to their own way of thinking instead of doing what they should have been doing - reporting actual investigated facts - instead of turning themselves into a malicious rumour mill.
      More than two years of deliberately pushing a witch hunting agenda that would make Torquemada green with envy at its effectiveness, with the result of lynchings (albeit figuratively) of ordinary people who just happened to be wearing the wrong colour hat - as that school student who was publicly vilified in the mass media for things he never even thought about doing.
      Trump is his own worst enemy - with their thoroughly transparent hate campaigns, the media have completely nullified that, and they did so almost as soon as he entered the race for president.
      1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
      ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
      Scripture before Tradition:
      but that won't prevent others from
      taking it upon themselves to deprive you
      of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post
        I once said (reasonably early in the peace) that if Russia interfered in the USA elections it would not need collusion on the part of any Americans - it would happily interfere independently in favour of whichever party Russia perceived as more amenable to Russian interests.
        Ardent Trump critic and ranking member of the Senate Intelligence Committee Mark Warner said the evidence showed Russia didn't care who won, they just wanted to create chaos and division. It seems the Democrats have played right into their hands.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• I hadn't considered that possibility - but it makes sense. They probably wouldn't have bothered though, if they had known just how eager the MSM was to do it for them.

Parliamentary democrats even, might have been a bit more level headed without MSM stirring the pot all the time.
          1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
          ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
            If we accept that Trumpco did not cooperate with the Russian Government we still have the fact of Russian interference and influence in the 2016 election and possibly beyond.
            And you don't think the US, or your country, tries to interfere in the elections of other countries?
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Never thought about that ... When it comes to impact on home-land security, I'm not sure that any govt would be above such things.

Still - with the level of commitment it involves, maybe our parliamentarians would rather just head for the bar - or sell something off to a foreign investor.
              ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Profit Trumps Performance.
                “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

Look at the Republican attack on Adam Schiff. If we accept that Trumpco did not cooperate with the Russian Government we still have the fact of Russian interference and influence in the 2016 election and possibly beyond. This is much too big a deal to ignore but it seems that because the Republicans were beneficiaries they are not interested in doing their duty to the country.

Having said that, Democrats suspect that Barr’s decision on collusion is political. Given Barr’s previous remarks about the Mueller probe, that suspicion is reasonable and they need to see the full report.
                  Barr's "decision" on collusion was merely to repeat what Mueller concluded. That there was none.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                    And you don't think the US, or your country, tries to interfere in the elections of other countries?
                    IIRC the Obama Administration was very overtly meddling in recent Israeli elections.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Despite promoting one fake story after another, CNN defends its coverage of the collusion hoax, essentially saying "we're not investigators, we just say what we're told".

https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/...hoax-coverage/

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        Despite promoting one fake story after another, CNN defends its coverage of the collusion hoax, essentially saying "we're not investigators, we just say what we're told".

https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/...hoax-coverage/
                        Let's wait the see the Mueller report before rushing to any conclusions about anything. Mind you, we can always bank on the fact that Trump is a truely disgusting human being.

Comment

Let's wait the see the Mueller report before rushing to any conclusions about anything. Mind you, we can always bank on the fact that Trump is a truely disgusting human being.
                          We already know that Mueller found no evidence that Trump or any of his associates colluded with the Russians. It is over. Stick a fork in it, it's a done deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            We already know that Mueller found no evidence that Trump or any of his associates colluded with the Russians. It is over. Stick a fork in it, it's a done deal.
                            And he couldn't even gin up enough evidence to recommend an obstruction indictment despite that being the primary focus of his investigation (he knew going in that there was no collusion).

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              You can’t know that because you have not seen the report and you know that Barr is unreliable.

You might well conclude from Barr’s actions so far the he and his Republican supporters are harbouring a criminal POTUS.
                              Last edited by firstfloor; 03-31-2019, 05:44 PM.

Comment

You can’t know that because you have not seen the report and you know that Barr is unreliable.

Comment