Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

No Collusion!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    "Coordinated" was the term that Mueller and his team preferred and they made it repeatedly clear that

"the investigation did not establish that the Trump Campaign coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities."
    That would amount to conspiracy, and that wasn't established, Mueller didn't exonerate them because he wasn't able to exonerate them because of so much collusion, but when you put the collusion together with the Presidents obstruction, you can pretty much put two and two together. Regardless, the obstruction itself is as clear as day, and obstruction is a crime, a very serious crime, and that is why the President is continuing down that path by trying to shut people up by using his executive priviledge. He may delay things, but it ain't going to work in the long run.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
      That would amount to conspiracy, and that wasn't established, Mueller didn't exonerate them because he wasn't able to exonerate them because of so much collusion, but when you put the collusion together with the Presidents obstruction, you can pretty much put two and two together. Regardless, the obstruction itself is as clear as day, and obstruction is a crime, a very serious crime, and that is why the President is continuing down that path by trying to shut people up by using his executive priviledge. He may delay things, but it ain't going to work in the long run.
      Tin foil hats on sale this week in your neck of the woods, eh?
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

It wasn't Mueller's job to "exonerate" anybody. His job was to look for evidence of collusion (remember? That's what this was all about?) and he found none.

Where did you find this new talking point about "conspiracy"? I seem to have missed that one. The rest of your herd is moving on to impeachment/not impeachment.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Those of us who actually use our brains instead of getting everything from some extreme fringe talking points website have actually read the report, and after two years of exhaustive research, examination, testimony, interviews.... it came to a "no collusion conclusion".

So, I guess the next best thing is to pretend it was never about collusion, and declare "it was about conspiracy!!!!!"
          Well, it is clearly obvious that you don't use your brain, because Muellers report had to do with conspiracy and obstruction, it said nothing about collusion, an act for which there was plenty of evidence of. Do you need the acts of collusion to be spelled out for you, or can you actually use your brain to figure it out?

Comment

Well, it is clearly obvious that you don't use your brain, because Muellers report had to do with conspiracy and obstruction, it said nothing about collusion,
            Jimmy, for two solid years, your guys have been defending Mueller's investigation, and the media and the left (I repeat myself) have been shouting about collusion. Please don't pretend that wasn't what this was all about. Even you are not that stupid.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
              Muellers report had to do with conspiracy and obstruction, it said nothing about collusion...
              I doubt even you believe your own sophistry.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Jimmy, for two solid years, your guys have been defending Mueller's investigation, and the media and the left (I repeat myself) have been shouting about collusion. Please don't pretend that wasn't what this was all about. Even you are not that stupid.
                Right, I am not that stupid, but apparently you are. As far as the Mueller investigation is concerned, conspiracy and obstruction is what they were investigating. There was obvious collusion, we all know that, but collusion in and of itself, even if unbecoming of the office of the Presidency, is not illegal. It's only illegal if an agreement of cooperation could be established. Apparently you're just fine with your President colluding with a foriegn adversary in order to get elected. Nixon did the same with the N. Vietnamese.

Comment

Right, I am not that stupid....
                  OK, you've convinced me I'm wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                    Apparently you're just fine with your President colluding with a foriegn adversary in order to get elected. Nixon did the same with the N. Vietnamese.
                    And Hillary colluded with the Ukrainian government to dig up dirt on Paul Manafort, but I don't see you getting all hot and bothered about that.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      And Hillary colluded with the Ukrainian government to dig up dirt on Paul Manafort, but I don't see you getting all hot and bothered about that.
                      Of course not, all is fair in love and war, but only if it's 'our side' cheating!

Comment

OK, you've convinced me I'm wrong.
                        Well, it's about time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                          Well done. You’ve found some exceptions that prove the rule, e.g. Cillizza, in utter contrast to his CNN colleagues and to the rest of the mainstream media, sees the Mueller report as good news for Donald Trump. Priceless.
                          As I said, a few are starting to jump ship. Most have invested the entirety of what's left of their reputations in the Trump-colluded-with-the-Russians-and-stole-the-election myth and cannot afford to disengage from it.

And there are a few others aside from the aforementioned NBC's Justice Department correspondent Pete Williams, NBC Nightly News anchor Lester Holt, NBC Capitol Hill correspondent Kasie Hunt and CNN political analyst Chris Cillizza. For instance, Ken Dilanian, NBC News national security reporter, admitted on MSNBC's Kasie DC that the Mueller report was a "complete vindication" of Trump and on Twitter wrote:

Also on MSNBC, right after the news broke, NBC national security and justice correspondent Julia Ainsley was reading the details, explaining that "Robert Mueller weighed in and said, 'that was not tacit. There was no coordination or conspiracy.'" causing host Katy Tur to interject, "So, this vindicates the President on collusion." Ainsley replied, "It does. So, it would vindicate him on collusion."

Over on CNN legal analyst Jeffrey Toobin announced that the report was a "total vindication" for Trump and the network's chief political analyst Gloria Bolger also said he was vindicated but in a very round about way

But if suddenly the president has to say those angry Democrats who were working with Bob Mueller were actually just part of a Justice Department doing its job after he has criticized the Justice Department, then he’s now vindicated.

This was in reaction to CNN's Justice Department correspondent Evan Perez's statement that "[Trump's] been vindicated."

And Jonathan Chait, former editor of New Republic and The American Prospect who now writes for New York magazine and the Los Angeles Times noted that the report "didn't exonerate Trump -- it vindicated him."

And that's just from those on the left. Numerous conservative journalists who openly opposed Trump or at the least were wary and skeptical are saying the same sort of things.

But sure, they're in the minority. But things like this usually start with a trickle although in an era where the MSM being concerned with being regarded as dependable and nonpartisan is all but extinct it may take longer than it would have not so very long ago.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                            Tin foil hats on sale this week in your neck of the woods, eh?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Well, it's about time.
                              Naturally, you were incapable of understanding that I was saying I was wrong about you not being stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                                This may get interesting:

Joe Biden's 2020 Ukrainian nightmare: A closed probe is revived

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-ho...obe-is-revived
                                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment