Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

No Collusion!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    I'm sure he had a purpose. However, since it is not a prosecutor's place to exonerate someone who was never charged with a crime, it's reasonable to conclude that Mueller's motives were political rather than legal.

As it has been explained to you and others before, when a prosecutor declines to press charges, anything else he might have to say about the matter is irrelevant.
    In this case it is not irrelevant, as is painfully obvious.

Jim
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Like I keep saying, if Mueller's report was really as damning to Trump as Democrats claim then they wouldn't be bothering with questioning Barr and other time wasting theatrics, they'd be filing a motion to impeach with Mueller's report as Exhibit A.
      I think the Democrats are scared of Barr, because Barr is going to get to the root of the poison tree from which all of this came.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        I think the Democrats are scared of Barr, because Barr is going to get to the root of the poison tree from which all of this came.
        That is why the MSM is so desperate to smear him any way they can.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          That is why the MSM is so desperate to smear him any way they can.
          Absolutely - and he's really making fools of those smug.... yeah!
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
            In this case it is not irrelevant...
            Legally, it most certainly is. Mueller was not speaking as a prosecutor but as a political pundit making it of no more importance than if Rachael Maddow had said it.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

That's been my hope ever since he was appointed, and there are indications that he's moving in that direction.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

That's been my hope ever since he was appointed, and there are indications that he's moving in that direction.
                And why Crazy Aunt Nancy accused him of being a liar. Pelosi: Attorney General Barr Committed A Crime, "He Lied To Congress"

Comment

Well said - Kimberly Strassel: AG Barr gets attacked because his probe endangers powerful people

Comment

He got attacked because he mislead Congress and the American people. Any clear minded person watching that hearing could see that the Atty Gen, with his lies and obfuscation was acting as the Presidents defense attorney, not as the atty general of the U.S. By the way, Barr didn't even read the underlying evidence, didn't even know about Manafort giving polling data to russians. The guy wrote his summary without even reading the evidence which means it was a bag job from the get go.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                      He got attacked because he mislead Congress and the American people.
                      Your puppetmasters at LiberalTalkingPointsForDummies are so proud of you.

(and it's "misled", if, in fact he did that)

Comment

And why Crazy Aunt Nancy accused him of being a liar. Pelosi: Attorney General Barr Committed A Crime, "He Lied To Congress"
                        So that means several Obama era officials, that lied to Congress, are going to jail?
                        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

He got attacked because he mislead Congress and the American people. Any clear minded person watching that hearing could see that the Atty Gen, with his lies and obfuscation was acting as the Presidents defense attorney, not as the atty general of the U.S. By the way, Barr didn't even read the underlying evidence, didn't even know about Manafort giving polling data to russians. The guy wrote his summary without even reading the evidence which means it was a bag job from the get go.
                          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

There was a commercial running here (don't know about elsewhere) pushing to have the entire Mueller report released[1] in which some guy was ranting about how Barr released his summary within a day of having officially been given the report and saying that he could not have read the report in that amount of time.

He is right.

But what he got wrong is that Barr was given a copy about a week before it was officially turned over. So he and Rod Rosenstein (who the left always conveniently leave out of the process) had a week to read through it not less than a day. So it is utter nonsense to claim that they didn't read the report. Moreover Mueller saw all the evidence including that concerning Manafort. An entire section was dedicated to it. And he concluded that Manafort's handing some polling data over to a Ukrainian (not a Russian as you keep saying and have been corrected about) operative did not involve any sort of collusion.

So unless you believe that both Rosenstein (the same guy who tried to get people to secretly wear a wire to gather evidence to have Trump removed from office) and Mueller himself are part of some sort of conspiracy to cover up Trump colluding with the Russians, you can stop SpeedDonkey2.gif

And btw, the MSM and other liberals have started attacking Barr the moment he mentioned that Trump had been spied upon. That is what started it.

1. all these campaigns were unnecessary since Barr had already made it clear it would be released in a couple weeks -- unless the motive was to confuse people by making them (falsely) think that he was resisting releasing it.
                            Last edited by rogue06; 05-03-2019, 10:52 AM.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              There was a commercial running here (don't know about elsewhere) pushing to have the entire Mueller report released[1] in which some guy was ranting about how Barr released his summary within a day of having officially been given the report and saying that he could not have read the report in that amount of time.

He is right.

But what he got wrong is that Barr was given a copy about a week before it was officially turned over. So he and Rod Rosenstein (who the left always conveniently leave out of the process) had a week to read through it not less than a day. So it is utter nonsense to claim that they didn't read the report. Moreover Mueller saw all the evidence including that concerning Manafort. An entire section was dedicated to it. And he concluded that Manafort's handing some polling data over to a Ukrainian (not a Russian as you keep saying and have been corrected about) operative did not involve any sort of collusion.

So unless you believe that both Rosenstein (the same guy who tried to get people to secretly wear a wire to gather evidence to have Trump removed from office) and Mueller himself are part of some sort of conspiracy to cover up Trump colluding with the Russians, you can stop [ATTACH=CONFIG]36832[/ATTACH]

And btw, the MSM and other liberals have started attacking Barr the moment he mentioned that Trump had been spied upon. That is what started it.

1. all these campaigns were unnecessary since Barr had already made it clear it would be released in a couple weeks -- unless the motive was to confuse people by making them (falsely) think that he was resisting releasing it.
                              You realize that explaining this to JimL is like trying to teach a chicken a card trick, right?

But, then again, you're not really trying to explain it to him, eh? "To anybody ELSE who is reading....."
                              Last edited by rogue06; 05-03-2019, 10:58 AM. Reason: oops edited rather than replied to. Original restored

Comment

You realize that explaining this to JimL is like trying to teach a chicken a card trick, right?

But, then again, you're not really trying to explain it to him, eh? "To anybody ELSE who is reading....."

You catch on pretty quick

Comment