Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

No Collusion!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    First off Rasmussen is a biased pollster
    Who happened to be one of the most accurate pollsters in 2016 and IIRC did well in 2018 as well.
    Originally posted by JimL View Post
    and second, what the majority of americans want is public hearings
    Not according to a Harvard CAPS/Harris poll. It asked:

Should the Democrats in Congress accept the finding of the special counsel or contest the finding and do another investigation?

More than two-thirds (68%) of registered voters said they wanted them to "Accept the finding" and forego any further investigations.

A Washington Post-Schar School Poll poll asked

Do you think Democrats in the House of Representatives should continue to investigate whether Trump interfered with the Russia investigation in a way that amounts to obstructing justice, or should they stop investigating this issue?

and found that Americans are essentially evenly split with 49% saying "continue" and 48% saying "stop." But when they asked

On the issue of obstruction of justice, Special Counsel Mueller's report was inconclusive. After reading the report, Attorney General Barr said there was not enough evidence to charge President Trump. Do you think Attorney General Barr's decision not to charge the president should stand, or Congress should continue to investigate obstruction of justice by the president?

they found that 48% said that "Barr's decision should stand" while 46% said "continue to investigate."

Further a NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist poll found that a majority of Americans are satisfied with Mueller’s findings, including a majority of Independents. 45% of Democrats were "not satisfied" (imagine being so overwhelmed with TDS that you are actually upset that your president isn't a foreign agent).

This is confirmed by the afore-mentioned Washington Post-Schar School poll that found that most Americans accept the conclusions of the Mueller probe but with 41% (most of who are Democrats) refusing to accept them.

And then there is the NBC/Wall Street Journal poll, which has been asking the same question every month since December 2019, namely:

Based on what you have seen, read, or heard about special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation, has it given you more doubts about Donald Trump’s presidency or not?

In December (and IIRC January and February) 50% said it has created more doubts but since the release of Mueller's conclusions now only 36% say that Mueller’s work has created more doubts and 57% say it hasn’t. Essentially all that is left are the liberals who as the NPR poll showed are largely unhappy with the report.

Finally, a poll conducted on behalf of CBS News found that a majority of Americans, 54%, think that the Mueller probe was politically motivated job rather than justified. This agrees with a USA TODAY/Suffolk University poll which revealed that half of Americans agree with Trump's contention that he has been the victim of a "witch hunt."

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Latest polling from Rasmussen says that the majority of voters see no grounds for impeachment.
      Confirmed by a recent Washington Post-Schar School Poll:

00000000000000000000000000000wp.PNG
      Clickify on to enbiggenate

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Who happened to be one of the most accurate pollsters in 2016 and IIRC did well in 2018 as well.

Not according to a Harvard CAPS/Harris poll. It asked:

Should the Democrats in Congress accept the finding of the special counsel or contest the finding and do another investigation?

More than two-thirds (68%) of registered voters said they wanted them to "Accept the finding" and forego any further investigations.

A Washington Post-Schar School Poll poll asked

Do you think Democrats in the House of Representatives should continue to investigate whether Trump interfered with the Russia investigation in a way that amounts to obstructing justice, or should they stop investigating this issue?

and found that Americans are essentially evenly split with 49% saying "continue" and 48% saying "stop." But when they asked

On the issue of obstruction of justice, Special Counsel Mueller's report was inconclusive. After reading the report, Attorney General Barr said there was not enough evidence to charge President Trump. Do you think Attorney General Barr's decision not to charge the president should stand, or Congress should continue to investigate obstruction of justice by the president?

they found that 48% said that "Barr's decision should stand" while 46% said "continue to investigate."

Further a NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist poll found that a majority of Americans are satisfied with Mueller’s findings, including a majority of Independents. 45% of Democrats were "not satisfied" (imagine being so overwhelmed with TDS that you are actually upset that your president isn't a foreign agent).

This is confirmed by the afore-mentioned Washington Post-Schar School poll that found that most Americans accept the conclusions of the Mueller probe but with 41% (most of who are Democrats) refusing to accept them.

And then there is the NBC/Wall Street Journal poll, which has been asking the same question every month since December 2019, namely:

Based on what you have seen, read, or heard about special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation, has it given you more doubts about Donald Trump’s presidency or not?

In December (and IIRC January and February) 50% said it has created more doubts but since the release of Mueller's conclusions now only 36% say that Mueller’s work has created more doubts and 57% say it hasn’t. Essentially all that is left are the liberals who as the NPR poll showed are largely unhappy with the report.

Finally, a poll conducted on behalf of CBS News found that a majority of Americans, 54%, think that the Mueller probe was politically motivated job rather than justified. This agrees with a USA TODAY/Suffolk University poll which revealed that half of Americans agree with Trump's contention that he has been the victim of a "witch hunt."
        Despite all of this Gish-Gallop style verbiage, so typical of rogue, nearly half think Trump obstructed the Russian probe. Given that Obstruction of Justice is a crime this warrants further investigation by Congress. Interesting that Trump is doing everything in his power to resist Congressional investigation.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...uction-1238013
        “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• My instinct is that most Americans also do not want investigations of the various possible "Deep State" improprieties on which the whole Russia fiasco was based. But those investigations need to happen anyway. So I can't really argue much at the TDS-fied libtards in the House wanting to loudly engage in their exercise in futility.
          Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
            Despite all of this Gish-Gallop style verbiage, so typical of rogue, nearly half think Trump obstructed the Russian probe. Given that Obstruction of Justice is a crime this warrants further investigation by Congress. Interesting that Trump is doing everything in his power to resist Congressional investigation.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...uction-1238013
            You appear to have no idea what a Gish Gallop is but seem to be merely dimly aware that it isn't a good thing so like a 3 year old child having heard a cuss word you hurl it about not having a clue as to what you're doing.

Little jimmy's claim that "the majority of americans want is public hearings" is, according to the polls, hogwash. It is either evenly split or a decided majority just want it to be over and to use a phrase from the Clinton era, "move on."

Comment

You appear to have no idea what a Gish Gallop is....
              He's just demonstrating his propensity to be rather dramatic in a rather royal manner.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                He's just demonstrating his propensity to be rather dramatic in a rather royal manner.
                GIF DramaQueen.gif

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]36711[/ATTACH]
                  I miss that show. I wish they'd make another season, especially after the last season had such a disappointing ending. But with the two stars being such hot Hollywood items at the moment, it's unlikely to happen.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

You appear to have no idea what a Gish Gallop is but seem to be merely dimly aware that it isn't a good thing so like a 3 year old child having heard a cuss word you hurl it about not having a clue as to what you're doing.
                    You seem to have missed that I said “Gish-Gallop style verbiage”. A common technique of yours: dazzle ‘em with lots and lots of words to create the misleading impression you dishonestly want to create.

Little jimmy's claim
                    So Jim is "Little Jimmy" and I'm "like a 3 year old child"? You find this debating technique effective do you?

that "the majority of americans want is public hearings" is, according to the polls, hogwash. It is either evenly split or a decided majority just want it to be over and to use a phrase from the Clinton era, "move on."
                    My argument was that “nearly half” the electorate thinks Trump obstructed the Russian probe. This is a significant number and not to be lightly dismissed, as you seem to be trying to do.

Obstruction of Justice is a crime. And a possible crime by the president of the USA, as outlined by Mueller on 10 separate occasions in his Report, demands further investigation by Congress whether or not “a decided majority just want it to be over”.
                    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Little jimmy's claim that "the majority of americans want is public hearings" is, according to the polls, hogwash. It is either evenly split or a decided majority just want it to be over and to use a phrase from the Clinton era, "move on."
                      Well, one thing we know for sure rogue, is that you and your ilk just want to "move on", because you're afraid of the truth coming out, but stay afraid, because it's coming whether you traitors like it or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
                        My argument was that “nearly half” the electorate thinks Trump obstructed the Russian probe. This is a significant number and not to be lightly dismissed, as you seem to be trying to do.
                        Right... and do you find it just as significant that at least half have accepted Mueller's findings that the President committed no crimes, and they wish the Democrat party would do something more productive than continue their witch-hunt?

Comment

• Even The New York Times is reporting that Democrats aren't feeling any pressure from their own voters to pursue impeachment.

Source: The New York Times

IRVINE, Calif. — The hundred-odd students who gathered on the hilltop campus of Concordia University here on a sunny Thursday morning had a lot of questions for Representative Katie Porter on abortion, immigration, voting rights and the 2020 primary races.

But as their fluorescent question cards were plucked one by one from a raffle drum, not one mentioned the topic burning up Washington: the report of Robert S. Mueller III.

The voters in Miami who came out early Wednesday to see a freshman Democrat, Representative Debbie Mucarsel-Powell, at Flava’s restaurant lobbed only a single question about it amid queries about clean drinking water and fresh produce. When Representative Mike Levin, another freshman Democrat, faced his constituents in the beach town of Carlsbad, Calif., he found himself politely disagreeing with those who worried that a possible impeachment could jeopardize Democrats’ chances in 2020.

And in South Philadelphia, “Medicare for all,” not President Trump, was the hot topic Wednesday night when four House Democrats answered constituents’ questions at Tindley Temple United Methodist Church.

[...]

There were few signs of an uprising to demand a quick judgment that the misdeeds laid out in the special counsel’s report constituted the kinds of “high crimes and misdemeanors” worthy of trying to remove the president from office.

[...]

A Washington Post-ABC News poll released on Friday appeared to underscore Democrats’ dilemma. It found that roughly six in 10 Democrats supported beginning impeachment proceedings against Mr. Trump, most of them strongly. But almost nine in 10 Republicans and six in 10 independents, whom Democrats need to defeat Mr. Trump, opposed the idea.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/28/u...peachment.html

© Copyright Original Source

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                            Well, one thing we know for sure ....
                            Whenever you use this phrase, you're about to tell a really big 'un.

And "we" obviously must refer to the voices echoing around in your big empty head.
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                              You seem to have missed that I said “Gish-Gallop style verbiage”. A common technique of yours: dazzle ‘em with lots and lots of words to create the misleading impression you dishonestly want to create.
                              Actually, rogue frequently uses sources and cites to back up his arguments. You outta give it a try.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                                Even The New York Times is reporting that Democrats aren't feeling any pressure from their own voters to pursue impeachment.

Source: The New York Times

IRVINE, Calif. — The hundred-odd students who gathered on the hilltop campus of Concordia University here on a sunny Thursday morning had a lot of questions for Representative Katie Porter on abortion, immigration, voting rights and the 2020 primary races.

But as their fluorescent question cards were plucked one by one from a raffle drum, not one mentioned the topic burning up Washington: the report of Robert S. Mueller III.

The voters in Miami who came out early Wednesday to see a freshman Democrat, Representative Debbie Mucarsel-Powell, at FlavaÂ’s restaurant lobbed only a single question about it amid queries about clean drinking water and fresh produce. When Representative Mike Levin, another freshman Democrat, faced his constituents in the beach town of Carlsbad, Calif., he found himself politely disagreeing with those who worried that a possible impeachment could jeopardize DemocratsÂ’ chances in 2020.

And in South Philadelphia, “Medicare for all,” not President Trump, was the hot topic Wednesday night when four House Democrats answered constituents’ questions at Tindley Temple United Methodist Church.

[...]

There were few signs of an uprising to demand a quick judgment that the misdeeds laid out in the special counsel’s report constituted the kinds of “high crimes and misdemeanors” worthy of trying to remove the president from office.

[...]

A Washington Post-ABC News poll released on Friday appeared to underscore DemocratsÂ’ dilemma. It found that roughly six in 10 Democrats supported beginning impeachment proceedings against Mr. Trump, most of them strongly. But almost nine in 10 Republicans and six in 10 independents, whom Democrats need to defeat Mr. Trump, opposed the idea.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/28/u...peachment.html

© Copyright Original Source

That's correct, some do, but most of us don't want to begin the impeachment process right away, we want hearings and public testimony so that those who aren't as politically aware, as well as those republicans who are in denial, can see for themselves whether the impeachment process should proceed, or not. Those who want impeachment to begin, want that because they have seen the evidence and to them the evidence of guilt is obvious. Polls on this basically mean nothing at this point, because whatever the truth of the investigation is, is not apparent yet to the general public. Trump, and Atty Gen Barr are aware of that, which is why they tried to hide it behind the Atty Gen's false rendering of the Mueller report. Don't be afraid of transparency, MM, your Country is at stake, democracy is at stake. You should welcome the hearings, not fear them.

Comment