Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

No Collusion!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    No
    YES. Your Trump Derangement Syndrome has made you absolutely unreasonable.

- A large number of you have left rational behind.
    Horse poop. You just hate Trump so much that you refuse to accept anything anyone says that doesn't cast him as Damien in the Omen.

And Moral.
    Again, horse crap. NO politician is truly moral. If you are looking to your secular government for morals, then you really have no clue who Christ is and what His purpose is. And I say that with the upmost concern for your walk.

How you all are justifying the positions you are taking to defend trump are beyond me,
    And how you are justifying the erupting hatred in your heart is beyond us...

but when a person can write that he would be ok with Trump killing a person in broad daylight if it was the right person, then that person has crossed a line no one should ever cross.
    Then you either need to check your own heart, or remove the stick from up your bum and realize Norrin was being sarcastic. Or are you now judging HIS heart as well?

And I will not back off. And there is no 'just kidding'. You can't kid about stuff like that.
    You have some serious issues, Jim.
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
      There is sufficient evidence for Mueller to indict Trump for obstruction, only DOJ policy re "sitting presidents" prevented him.

“Mueller’s team describes several of Trump's actions as satisfying all the legal elements of obstruction”. “Trump may have escaped a finding that he obstructed justice only because his top aides refused to carry out his most dramatic and illegal orders”. In short, his intention was to obstruct justice by removing Mueller, whom he perceived as a major threat to him…as indeed is quoted in the Report: “President Donald Trump responded to news of special counsel Robert Mueller's 2017 appointment by telling then-Attorney General Jeff Sessions that he was "f******" - Politico. Not linked because of Trump’s language throughout.

Trump's fears were hopefully correct, given the growing anger over the “10 episodes where Trump might have obstructed justice”. This will be up to Congress to determine what to do when it receives the full unredacted Report.
      Wouda Shoulda Coulda.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
        This post by MM in another thread is relevant.

Also relevant is that this is a case of different legal theories. Andy McCarthy takes the view that only actions that are *inherently* illegal can be obstructive. Speculations about what an actor was thinking or intending should not be part of the equation.
        Malarky. If Trumps intention to obstruct is proven beyond a reasonable doubt in the minds of Congress, which it is, then it is obstruction. Btw, obstruction of justice is inherently illegal all by itself!

I think it has already been shown that the context was that he was fracked because, guilty or not, a Special Counsel is a millstone around the neck.
        To bad, a defendent doesn't get to obstruct simply because he is upset about the investigation, or because he thinks it hinders his ability to do his job. That's what you call spin! All he need do is shut up and do his job.
        And then there's the fact that other close Trump associates have disputed the truthfulness of that whole account.
        Again, to bad, those who testified to it were under oath, others can say whatever they want, they're irrelevant.

A year or so from now, if ever, after a lot of entertaining wrangling in courts.
        The sooner the better but however long it takes, the immoral criminal doesn't belong in the White House. He's not only a danger to our system of governance, he's an embarrassment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Wouda Shoulda Coulda.
          Lame response, CP.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
            This post by MM in another thread is relevant.
            You mean the extended quote from the Extreme Right ‘Breitbart’? That’s a very questionable source. Especially when it’s contradicted by the majority of mainstream media. They argue that Mueller's Report is more damning than Trump has publicly claimed...detailing Trump's aggressive efforts to interfere in the Russia probe and not ruling out that Trump obstructed justice.

Also relevant is that this is a case of different legal theories. Andy McCarthy takes the view that only actions that are *inherently* illegal can be obstructive.
            Are you referring to the Andy McCarthy of Fox/Pravda media fame?

Speculations about what an actor was thinking or intending should not be part of the equation.
            There's no "speculation" required. We KNOW what Trump was thinking. It's quoted in the Mueller Report. E.g. Trump directed Don McGahn to have Mueller fired as Special Counsel. McGahn threatened to resign and Trump backed down. Trump later ordered McGahn to deny that he had tried to fire Mueller. Mcgann refused.

There's much more in similar vein: http://time.com/5573521/donald-trump...ction-justice/

I think it has already been shown that the context was that he was fracked because, guilty or not, a Special Counsel is a millstone around the neck.
            Well yes, Trump was scared witless.

And then there's the fact that other close Trump associates have disputed the truthfulness of that whole account.
            You mean the Trump associates who have not been indicted? Guilty pleas and indictments abound in Trump-Russia probe

A year or so from now, if ever, after a lot of entertaining wrangling in courts.
            That's Trump's strategy but we shall see. As Elijah Cummings rightly says: "The President has a long history of trying to use baseless lawsuits to attack his adversaries".
            “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

No - A large number of you have left rational behind.
              Yup. It's not me. It's everyone else.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

You mean the extended quote from the Extreme Right ‘Breitbart’? That’s a very questionable source. Especially when it’s contradicted by the majority of mainstream media.
                Sorry, you don't get this one for free. Please refer to the story in question and demonstrate how it's actually wrong. Be specific. (And see if you can come up with something better than "Biased liberal sources disagree". )

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2019...ush-precedent/
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

You mean the extended quote from the Extreme Right ‘Breitbart’? That’s a very questionable source. Especially when it’s contradicted by the majority of mainstream media. They argue that Mueller's Report is more damning than Trump has publicly claimed...detailing Trump's aggressive efforts to interfere in the Russia probe and not ruling out that Trump obstructed justice.
                  You mean the same folks who incessantly insisted that it was a demonstrable fact that Trump colluded with the Russians?

The same folks who repeatedly assured their viewers/readers that Trump would be indicted by Mueller any day now?

The same folks who had "bombshell" after "bombshell" story explode in their face as being false?

Those guys?

Considering their spectacularly bad track record in this matter why in the world would you cite them as a reliable source?

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                    YES. Your Trump Derangement Syndrome has made you absolutely unreasonable.

Horse poop. You just hate Trump so much that you refuse to accept anything anyone says that doesn't cast him as Damien in the Omen.

Again, horse crap. NO politician is truly moral. If you are looking to your secular government for morals, then you really have no clue who Christ is and what His purpose is. And I say that with the upmost concern for your walk.

And how you are justifying the erupting hatred in your heart is beyond us...

Then you either need to check your own heart, or remove the stick from up your bum and realize Norrin was being sarcastic. Or are you now judging HIS heart as well?

You have some serious issues, Jim.
                    Inventing a fake diagnosis for a reasonable reaction to the extreme that is Donald Trump is merely a projection of the cognative dissonance that results from an otherwise moral and rational mind forcing itself to align with him.

Jim
                    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Inventing a fake diagnosis
                      Oh, you mean like "homophobia" or "Islamophobia", or "transphobia"?

for a reasonable reaction
                      chang_spits_milk.gif

to the extreme that is Donald Trump is merely a projection of the cognitive dissonance that results from an otherwise moral and rational mind forcing itself to align with him.
                      My mind is aligned with the mind of Christ, the best I can. As I said, if anyone is looking for human models for morality, then they have no clue who Christ is or what it means to be a Christian.
                      That's what
                      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        You mean the same folks who incessantly insisted that it was a demonstrable fact that Trump colluded with the Russians?

The same folks who repeatedly assured their viewers/readers that Trump would be indicted by Mueller any day now?

The same folks who had "bombshell" after "bombshell" story explode in their face as being false?

Those guys?

Considering their spectacularly bad track record in this matter why in the world would you cite them as a reliable source?
                        I really hope the liberals continue with the constant attacks.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

He did collude with the Russians, you just wouldn't know collusion when you see it. What the Mueller report said was that they could not, beyond a reasonable doubt, establish conspiracy.
                          Who said that? For one thing, Mueller believed that he could not indict, otherwise he may well have. He left it to Congress, and made that clear in the report itself.
                          Plenty of bombshell stories implicating the Trump administration for those with eyes to see. You happen to be blind to them because you are either ignorant or cognitively impaired due to bias.
                          Those guys?

None of us need another source, the facts are layed out before us in the report itself. Some of us can see it clearly, others like yourself are in denial and so can't believe what you see.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                            He did collude with the Russians, you just wouldn't know collusion when you see it. What the Mueller report said was that they could not, beyond a reasonable doubt, establish conspiracy.

Who said that? For one thing, Mueller believed that he could not indict, otherwise he may well have. He left it to Congress, and made that clear in the report itself.

Plenty of bombshell stories implicating the Trump administration for those with eyes to see. You happen to be blind to them because you are either ignorant or cognitively impaired due to bias.

None of us need another source, the facts are layed out before us in the report itself. Some of us can see it clearly, others like yourself are in denial and so can't believe what you see.
                            Not a SHRED of bias here, folks. Absolute and TOTAL objectiveness! Move along, people, nothing to see....

Comment

• For those of us who have actually read the Mueller Report rather than getting spoon fed snippets ripped out of context, at the top of the second page we can read that

"the investigation did not establish that members of the Trump Campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities."

And toward the bottom of the same page

"We applied the term coordination in that sense when stating in the report that the investigation did not establish that the Trump Campaign coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities."

Likewise, this is repeated on page 5 as well as throughout the report on specific matters and on 181 it says that

"In sum, the investigation established multiple links between Trump Campaign officials and individuals tied to the Russian government. Those links included Russian offers of assistance to the Campaign. In some instances, the Campaign was receptive to the offer, while in other instances the Campaign officials shied away. Ultimately, the investigation did not establish that the Campaign coordinated or conspired with the Russian government in its election-interference activities."

Comment

For those of us who have actually read the Mueller Report rather than getting spoon fed snippets ripped out of context, at the top of the second page we can read that

"the investigation did not establish that members of the Trump Campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities."

And toward the bottom of the same page

"We applied the term coordination in that sense when stating in the report that the investigation did not establish that the Trump Campaign coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities."

Likewise, this is repeated on page 5 as well as throughout the report on specific matters and on 181 it says that

"In sum, the investigation established multiple links between Trump Campaign officials and individuals tied to the Russian government. Those links included Russian offers of assistance to the Campaign. In some instances, the Campaign was receptive to the offer, while in other instances the Campaign officials shied away. Ultimately, the investigation did not establish that the Campaign coordinated or conspired with the Russian government in its election-interference activities."
                                So, you're saying that, like the TITLE of this thread, there was "NO COLLUSION" found.

Comment