Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

No Collusion!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Collusion!

Mueller does not find Trump campaign knowingly conspired with Russia
    by Reuters

WASHINGTON, March 24 (Reuters) - Special Counsel Robert Mueller's report on Russian meddling in the 2016 election did not find that any U.S. or Trump campaign officials knowingly conspired with Russia, according to details released on Sunday.

Attorney General William Barr sent a summary of conclusions from the report to congressional leaders and the media on Sunday afternoon. Mueller concluded his investigation on Friday after nearly two years, turning in a report to the top U.S. law enforcement officer.

http://news.trust.org/item/20190324193542-i87ff
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

No surprise.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Rep. Jerrold Nadler (D-NY), the chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, is attempting to find a silver lining for the Democrats when he groused that while Mueller’s findings "does not conclude that the president committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him."

By its very nature the investigation could not "exonerate" anyone and Naddler is counting on people not realizing that. It can only conclude if there was or wasn't evidence of criminal activity, specifically with regards to any collusion with Russia but also, as Attorney General William Barr's letter to Congress makes clear, there also not any evidence "sufficient to establish" that Trump committed obstruction of justice.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Rep. Jerrold Nadler (D-NY), the chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, is attempting to find a silver lining for the Democrats when he groused that while Mueller’s findings "does not conclude that the president committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him."

By its very nature the investigation could not "exonerate" anyone and Naddler is counting on people not realizing that. It can only conclude if there was or wasn't evidence of criminal activity, specifically with regards to any collusion with Russia but also, as Attorney General William Barr's letter to Congress makes clear, there also not any evidence "sufficient to establish" that Trump committed obstruction of justice.
          On page two it says that the Russians did approach the Trump people to offer help on a number of occasions, but the Trump people shut them down.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...er-report.html
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

So, so sweet...

http://www.theamericanmirror.com/max...d-of-anything/

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
              On page two it says that the Russians did approach the Trump people to offer help on a number of occasions, but the Trump people shut them down.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...er-report.html
              The second element involved the Russian government's efforts to conduct computer hacking operations designed to gather and disseminate information to influence the election. The Special Counsel found that Russian government actors successfully hacked into computers and obtained emails from persons affiliated with the Clinton campaign and Democratic Party organizations, and publicly disseminated those materials through various intermediaries, including WikiLeaks. Based on these activities, the Special Counsel brought criminal charges against a number of Russian military officers for conspiring to hack into computers in the United States for purposes of influencing the election. But as noted above, the Special Counsel did not find that the Trump campaign, or anyone associated with it, conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in these efforts, despite multiple offers from Russian-affiliated individuals to assist the Trump campaign.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                No surprise.
                I guarantee there are some who will find this news not only surprising but shocking after the liberal media and the Democrats spent the better part of two-years promising that it was just a matter of time before Mueller led Trump out of the Oval Office in handcuffs.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  I guarantee there are some who will find this news not only surprising but shocking after the liberal media and the Democrats spent the better part of two-years promising that it was just a matter of time before Mueller led Trump out of the Oval Office in handcuffs.
                  Yeah. But it's no surprise to people who have brains and use them properly.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

President Trump: "There was no obstruction, none whatsoever. And it was a complete and total exoneration. It's a shame that our country had to go through this. To be honest, it's a shame that your president has had to go through this. Before I even got elected it began. It began illegally and hopefully somebody's going to look at the other side. This was an illegal take down that failed."

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiep...ailed-n2543636

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                      Sister Maxine is such a blessing.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Some Democrats are making noise about the wording in the report that Mueller did not "exonerate" Trump of the obstruction of justice charge. Former New Jersey governor and federal prosecutor Chris Christie sets the matter straight:

On the charge of obstruction of justice, Bob Mueller’s report “does not conclude that the President committed a crime”. That’s an important finding because that is what prosecutors do—they prosecute, they do not exonerate. Why? Because we all enjoy the presumption of innocence.

We are all presumed innocent under our constitution whether you are President or any other citizen. Prosecutors don’t exonerate folks because that’s not their job—they either prosecute or they don’t. When they don’t, no other exoneration is needed-we are innocent under our laws.

https://twitter.com/GovChristie/stat...ommit-crime%2F

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          Some Democrats are making noise about the wording in the report that Mueller did not "exonerate" Trump of the obstruction of justice charge. Former New Jersey governor and federal prosecutor Chris Christie sets the matter straight:

On the charge of obstruction of justice, Bob Mueller’s report “does not conclude that the President committed a crime”. That’s an important finding because that is what prosecutors do—they prosecute, they do not exonerate. Why? Because we all enjoy the presumption of innocence.

We are all presumed innocent under our constitution whether you are President or any other citizen. Prosecutors don’t exonerate folks because that’s not their job—they either prosecute or they don’t. When they don’t, no other exoneration is needed-we are innocent under our laws.

Weren't some of these same people claiming that Comey's goofy press conference "exonerated" Hillary?
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Dersh and The Great One were both inflamed by that "not exonerate" language. They believe Mueller should have either indicted or kept silent on the issue. The cowardly fence-sitting approach he took was analogous to what "St. Jim" Comey did with Hil.
                            Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                              They believe Mueller should have either indicted or kept silent on the issue.
                              Just goes to show what a partisan hack he really is.

Comment