Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

No Collusion!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    Unlike yourself, who seems to have a ton of time on his hands, I don’t. Between work, trying to get kids to appointments, end of school year insanity, summer trip planning, housework, etc. I’m lucky if I have an hour to watch Discovery. Anyway, I’ve read the important parts and the highlights from both liberal and conservatives and I have to say, while it doesn’t always make Trump look good, well they look more like the actions of a man being falsely accused vs someone being afraid of being caught. Bottom line, there would be no ‘obstruction of justice’ if Democrats didn’t falsely accuse him of collusion to start with. Now Jimmy, is the entire DOJ in on a coverup or are you a tin foil hat wearing conspiracy theorist that’s desperate to keep his insane beliefs alive?
    I see, so now you are admitting that Trump obstructed justice, but he only did so because he was innocent. It wasn't democrats that opened the investigation into Russian interference, it was the Intelligence community. You guys just can't accept the facts can you even when they are laid out for you, can you.
    Last edited by JimL; 04-20-2019, 01:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      You don't REALLY believe that, do you?!?!?!
      I doubt he even knows where to go to download a copy.

Btw, I finally finished reading the whole %#@% thing and it is fascinating to watch the MSM spin and twist it. They're doing the same thing they did before with the collusion story. I don't think that they can help themselves.

Oh, and it is a better read than the Starr Report which took a real effort to plow through. I wonder when we'll get to read the report on the investigation of Hillary. Been waiting about 3 years now.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        I doubt he even knows where to go to download a copy.

Btw, I finally finished reading the whole %#@% thing and it is fascinating to watch the MSM spin and twist it. They're doing the same thing they did before with the collusion story. I don't think that they can help themselves.

Oh, and it is a better read than the Starr Report which took a real effort to plow through. I wonder when we'll get to read the report on the investigation of Hillary. Been waiting about 3 years now.
        Word has it that Barr is getting ready to (or already has begun to) aim his guns at the start of this whole mess, which includes the little darling and her escapades, emails, opposition research disguised as evidence for FISA, etc.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Let's all agree with Jimmy that it's all about collusion, Trump's a criminal, the whole establishment is against him, and he's a goner by 2021, if not before!
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
            I see, so now you are admitting that Trump obstructed justice, but he only did so because he was innocent. It wasn't democrats that opened the investigation into Russian interference, it was the Intelligence community. You guys just can't accept the facts can you even when they are laid out for you, can you.

You're absolutely right, Jimmy!

Comment

• A superb piece by Glenn Greenwald showing how all the claims about collusion and other assertions that the MSM assured us were absolutely true[1] were thoroughly dismantled and demonstrated to be a load of codswallop in the Mueller Report.

A must read for those who don't have the time to read the entire report.

Source: Robert Mueller Did Not Merely Reject the Trump-Russia Conspiracy Theories. He Obliterated Them.

THE TWO-PRONGED CONSPIRACY THEORYdid not identify evidence

Perhaps most amazingly, even low-level, ancillary, hangers-on to the Trump campaign that even many Russiagate skeptics thought might end up being charged as Russian agents were not.

All the way back in March, 2017, in reporting that even anti-Trump intelligence officials were warning Democrats that there was no solid evidence of a Trump/Russia conspiracy, I predicted that the appointment of a Special Counsel (which I vehemently favored) would likely end up finding evidence of financial impropriety by Paul Manafort unrelated to the 2016 election, as well as a possible indictment of someone like Carter Page for acting in concert with the Russian government:

not even Carter Page. That means that even long-time Russiagate skeptics such as myself over-estimated the level of criminality and conspiracy evidence that Robert Mueller would find:

In sum, Democrats and their supporters had the exact prosecutor they all agreed was the embodiment of competence and integrity in Robert Mueller. He assembled a team of prosecutors and investigators that countless media accounts heralded as the most aggressive and adept in the nation. They had subpoena power, the vast surveillance apparatus of the U.S. government at their disposal, a demonstrated willingness to imprison anyone who lied to them, and unlimited time and resources to dig up everything they could.

The result of all of that was that not a single Americanestified for hours and hoursTHE ANTI-CLIMACTIC ENDING
              The Justice Department appointed Robert S. Mueller III, a former F.B.I. director, as special counsel on Wednesday
              turn her own source into the FBI on the ground that it constituted smoking gun evidence, an act for which she was praised by the Washington Post (nothing Wheeler claimed about the evidenceNONE OF THIS IS TO SAYpossible
              To reach larger U.S. audiences, the IRA purchased advertisements from Facebook that promoted the IRA groups on the newsfeeds of U.S. audience members. According to Facebook, the IRA purchased over 3,500 advertisements, and the expenditures totaled approximately $100,000.
              intentTHE NATURE OF OUR POLITICAL DISCOURSE is that nobody ever needs to admit error because it is easy to confine oneself to strictly partisan precincts where people are far more interested in hearing what advances their agenda or affirms their beliefs than they are hearing the truth. For that reason, I doubt that anyone who spent the last three years pushing utterly concocted conspiracy theories will own up to it, let alone confront any accountability or consequences for it.

But certain facts will never go away no matter how much denial they embrace. The sweeping Mueller investigation ended with zero indictments of zero AmericansCorrection:Source

© Copyright Original Source

[*Lots of hyperlinks in the original not included here*]

1. Remember how Buzzfeed repeatedly insisted they actually "saw the documents" that showed that Trump told Cohen to lie before Congress, even doubling down on the claim after Mueller took the unusual action of calling their report bogus? Apparently they're still insisting that they saw these non-existent documents. So much for believing anything they ever say.
              Last edited by rogue06; 04-20-2019, 03:00 PM.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                Obviously MM, patriot that you are, all you're concerned about is whether the president gets away with it or not.
                Gets away with what? Mueller himself said that neither the president nor staff committed any crimes.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  Gets away with what? Mueller himself said that neither the president nor staff committed any crimes.
                  Jimmy "hang 'em high" L is a bit challenged with regards to the law - remember he wanted to lock up all the ranchers in the Bundy standoff without even charging them with a crime or giving them a trial?

Comment

You might want to learn basic reading comprehension Jimmy.
                    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                      You might want to learn basic reading comprehension Jimmy.
                      I comprehend very well Lilpix, and what I comprehend is that all of you Trump defenders are now in complete denial when it comes to the facts concerning Trumps criminal behavior now that it has been layed out before you. Not that any of us who have been arguing to the contrary are surprised at all, you just have no ability to admit you were wrong and would even continue in your support of a treasonous lying scoundrel rather than to do so. Complicity!

Comment

I comprehend very well Lilpix, and what I comprehend is that all of you Trump defenders are now in complete denial when it comes to the facts concerning Trumps criminal behavior now that it has been layed out before you. Not that any of us who have been arguing to the contrary are surprised at all, you just have no ability to admit you were wrong and would even continue in your support of a treasonous lying scoundrel rather than to do so. Complicity!
                        If you truly comprehend then, as you've consistently demonstrated, you just ignore any and everything that doesn't fit into your reality challenged narratives

Comment

...the facts concerning Trumps criminal behavior...
                          Remember, Jimmy, if you're referring to more than one Trump, you typed it correctly. If you're referring to alleged criminal behavior of Trump, that's "possessive", and requires an apostrophe, like "Trump's".

Glad to help.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            If you truly comprehend then, as you've consistently demonstrated, you just ignore any and everything that doesn't fit into your reality challenged narratives
                            Trump ordered McGahn, the white House council to fire Mueller. Is that obstruction or not? He then ordered Lewendowski to tell the then Atty Gen., Jeff Sessions to unrecuse himself so that he could fire Mueller. Is that obstruction? He then told Lewendowski that if Sessions refused, then he, Lewendowski was to fire Sessions. Is that obstruction? There are many other cases wherin the President attempted to obstruct the investigation and Atty Gen Barr then went out and said that the president has been fully cooperative. Now tell us, were those actions by the president attempts to obstruct the investigation or not, and in light of those facts was Atty Gen Barr lying when he said that the president was fully cooperative with the investigation?
                            Last edited by JimL; 04-20-2019, 05:14 PM.

Comment

"The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                                Remember, Jimmy, if you're referring to more than one Trump, you typed it correctly. If you're referring to alleged criminal behavior of Trump, that's "possessive", and requires an apostrophe, like "Trump's".
                                Remember CP, you are not bound by your bias, you can overcome it, but it's difficult to admit when you are wrong, I know. But this case is far to important to remain fooling yourself.

Comment