Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

No Collusion!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Please quote from the report where you think Mueller made this declaration.

Or don't. Barr, Rosenstein, and other DOJ officials confirmed that there was insufficient evidence to sustain a corruption charge, so it's a moot point.
    This might help:
    https://medium.com/@dojalumni/statem...s-8ab7691c2aa1

It seems that hundreds of legal experts have signed.

The devil himself is whispering in your ear; save your soul by listening to Rachel.
    Last edited by firstfloor; 05-07-2019, 02:14 AM.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
    “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• I see... so you are unable to quote Mueller's own words saying that the only reason he didn't recommend indicting the President is because of DOJ rules.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I see... so you are unable to quote Mueller's own words saying that the only reason he didn't recommend indicting the President is because of DOJ rules.
        The Introduction to Volume II explains why he said “... but we determined not to make a traditional prosecutorial judgement.”

Barr, as we know, did make a judgement but we also know that he did not consider the evidence or his own departments policy before doing so. He has acted in bad faith.
        “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
        “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

I see... so you are unable to quote Mueller's own words saying that the only reason he didn't recommend indicting the President is because of DOJ rules.
          Why do that when you can find a plethora of Democrats and Never-Trumpers to partisanly parse things for you?
          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
            The Introduction to Volume II explains why he said “... but we determined not to make a traditional prosecutorial judgement.”

Barr, as we know, did make a judgement but we also know that he did not consider the evidence or his own departments policy before doing so. He has acted in bad faith.
            He did consider the evidence. He didn't personally re-investigate it, but he and his staff read and considered it.
            That's what
            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
              He did consider the evidence. He didn't personally re-investigate it, but he and his staff read and considered it.
              Funny how those who are more than willing to act in bad faith have a penchant for accusing others of doing the same.
              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Congress asked him and he said he had not read the evidence.

Comment

It would improve your credibility if you could occasionally provide an actual cite without being pressed.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

No he didn't. He said

We accepted the statements in the report as the actual record. We did not go underneath it to see whether or not they were accurate. We accepted it as accurate,

That means they read the evidence, but did not independently re-investigate the evidence. It was read.
                    That's what
                    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

No he didn't. He said

We accepted the statements in the report as the actual record. We did not go underneath it to see whether or not they were accurate. We accepted it as accurate,

That means they read the evidence, but did not independently re-investigate the evidence. It was read.
                      And that, sir, is why my good friend ff rarely uses cites or actual quotes.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

No he didn't. He said

The reason that Barr is AG is because he had already demonstrated a legal theory that placed POTUS above the law. He didn’t need to read the evidence in order to write his verdict other than simply check that the door was open just enough for him to creep through like a thief in the night. He is without a doubt the most villainous AG since John Mitchell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          It would improve your credibility if you could occasionally provide an actual cite without being pressed.
                          I was referring, of course, to the question put by the wonderful Kamala Harris to the effect of ‘did you read the evidence?’ (as opposed to the findings in Mueller’s report), to which the immediate answer was no, (why would I, I’d already made up my mind.)

How’s that for credibility?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            And that, sir, is why my good friend ff rarely uses cites or actual quotes.
                            It's same reason JimL doesn't use cites or actual quotes

Comment

I was referring, of course, to the question put by the wonderful Kamala Harris to the effect of ‘did you read the evidence?’ (as opposed to the findings in Mueller’s report), to which the immediate answer was no, (why would I, I’d already made up my mind.)

How’s that for credibility?
                              You're almost as credible as a used car salesman*..... keep striving!

But, again, what he actually said was "No, we accepted the statements in the report as a factual record. We did not go underneath it to see whether or not they were accurate. We accepted it as accurate," Barr said of himself and Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein.

*I could have said 'a member of Congress' but I don't think you're quite THAT bad

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
                                The reason that Barr is AG is because he had already demonstrated a legal theory that placed POTUS above the law.
                                Fake news.
                                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment