Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

No Collusion!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
    In his own case? No way!
    Another thing to consider is that for much of the investigation, Trump was under the presumption that he wasn't a target because that's what he had been repeatedly told by Comey, Rosenstein, and others, which makes a "corrupt intent" motive even less likely and that much harder to prove.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by The Pendragon View Post
      Dear firstfloor,

Disagree with What the Mueller Report? My Citation?
      You can disagree , but you still haven't proven that you are right, or proven that I was wrong.

Your disagreement dies on the vine.

Yours Truthfully,

The Pendragon
      Okay, for a start, in your paragraph 6 or thereby, what is the purpose of the word “Accordingly”?
      “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
      “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
      “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Firstfloor never debates. He just kind of heckles from the sidelines. I find his comments kind of amusing most of the time, but you can pretty much ignore him in any thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          Firstfloor never debates. He just kind of heckles from the sidelines. I find his comments kind of amusing most of the time, but you can pretty much ignore him in any thread.
          He provides some decent entertainment when things get either boring or intense.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Pendragon View Post
            Mueller's Introduction was a nice History lessen but that is it. Although it does have a citation that's worth mentioning:
            This report is submitted to the Attorney General pursuant to 28 C.F.R. § 600.8(c), which states that, “[a]t the conclusion of the Special Counsel’s work, he . . . shall provide the Attorney General a confidential report explaining the prosecution or declination decisions [the Special Counsel]
            reached.

This supports what we have been saying about Who the report is for. It makes it clear that the report is not intended for Congress, but is intended for the Attorney General. Tass, JimL Please stop insisting that this was a report intended for Congress.
            And to add to this... after Nutty Nadler threatened to impeach AG Barr for refusing to turn over the full unredacted report...

Source: The Last Refuge

Smart move by DOJ lawyers. The letter below informs Judiciary Chairman Jerry Nadler the previous report content was provided without assertion of executive privilege; however, if Nadler follows-through with impeachment plan, executive privilege is now enforced and the totality of the report is withdrawn from congress.

[Note: Follow the link at the bottom for a large, readable version of the letter. The images turned into tiny thumbnails when I posted them here. -MM]

The only thing AG Barr was statutorily required to provide was the four-page summary letter he already presented. Asking President Trump to throw the executive privilege blanket over the full work product effectively shields it from congressional review; AND simultaneously blocks congress from proceeding with any impeachment action.

The assertion of executive privilege effectively removes any lack of production action (ie. the impeachment threat) by Chairman Jerry Nadler.

Essentially AG Barr et al is going old school with classic separation of power. POTUS Trump built a bridge from executive to legislative branch with voluntary production; however, if Nadler wants to be a resistance member then the executive branch will pull back and the customary three-branch separation of power rules will be the standard form of engagement.

Smart play.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...u-get-nothing/

© Copyright Original Source

The Democrats better learn quick that they're not dealing with a pushover like Jeff Sessions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              This is why you have to pretend that policy and law are the same thing.
              Seems the tranparency crew, the patriotic constitutionalists, turns out to be a bunch of frauds. Trump is a criminal, a crook, a con man, and a traitor, and you all know it, yet you continue to defend him. You're all frauds as well!

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                Seems the tranparency crew, the patriotic constitutionalists, turns out to be a bunch of frauds. Trump is a criminal, a crook, a con man, and a traitor, and you all know it, yet you continue to defend him. You're all frauds as well!
                Thank you, Jim. Coming from the most intelligent, literate, eloquent and respectful poster ever to grace the halls of Tweb, I take that as an incredibly damning excoriation, and shall humbly and quietly hang my head in shame.

(though I have no idea what this little turdsputter has to do with your ignorance of the fact that policy and law are not the same)
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                  Trump agreed to a public release of Mueller's report, and Barr offered to let certain members of Congress access an even less redacted version, allowing them to take notes and freely discuss the contents with other select members. You can't get much more transparent than that. To date, NO Democrat congressman has taken advantage of Barr's generous offer, and now that Nutty Nadler has theatened Barr with contempt for not breaking the law and releasing the full unredacted report, Barr has in turn threatened to ask the President to declare executive privilege on the whole report which will legally take it out of Congress' hands and prevent any further review.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    Trump agreed to a public release of Mueller's report, and Barr offered to let certain members of Congress access an even less redacted version, allowing them to take notes and freely discuss the contents with other select members. You can't get much more transparent than that. To date, NO Democrat congressman has taken advantage of Barr's generous offer, and now that Nutty Nadler has theatened Barr with contempt for not breaking the law and releasing the full unredacted report, Barr has in turn threatened to ask the President to declare executive privilege on the whole report which will legally take it out of Congress' hands and prevent any further review.
                    MM, stop - the smartest guy on Tweb exposed you as a fraud.

Comment

• Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd

Comment

MM, stop - the smartest guy on Tweb exposed you as a fraud.
                        No, actually you exposed yourselves as frauds, CP.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                          No, actually you exposed yourselves as frauds, CP.
                          I needed a good laugh this morning, Jimmy.

Comment

• It's on.

Source: Breitbart

President Donald Trump asserted executive privilege on the unredacted version of the Mueller report on Wednesday morning.

The president’s decision was detailed in a statement to reporters from White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders.

“Neither the White House nor Attorney General Barr will comply with Chairman Nadler’s unlawful and reckless demands,” Sanders wrote, after Barr issued a statement recommending that Trump claim executive privilege.

The White House said that Democrats and Nadler were trying to “redo” the Mueller investigation to distract the country from the booming economy.

“Faced with Chairman Nadler’s blatant abuse of power, and at the Attorney General’s request, the President has no other option than to make a protective assertion of executive privilege,” the statement read.

The White House urged Democrats to move beyond the investigation and focus on more pertinent issues to the American people like the border crisis, prescription drug prices, and infrastructure.

“It is sad that Chairman Nadler is only interested in pandering to the press and pleasing his radical left constituency,” Sanders wrote.

Earlier Wednesday, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said that Barr should be held in contempt of Congress for his refusal to testify to the committee and accused him of lying to the Senate Judiciary Committee.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ueller-report/

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              It's on.

Source: Breitbart

President Donald Trump asserted executive privilege on the unredacted version of the Mueller report on Wednesday morning.

The president’s decision was detailed in a statement to reporters from White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders.

“Neither the White House nor Attorney General Barr will comply with Chairman Nadler’s unlawful and reckless demands,” Sanders wrote, after Barr issued a statement recommending that Trump claim executive privilege.

The White House said that Democrats and Nadler were trying to “redo” the Mueller investigation to distract the country from the booming economy.

“Faced with Chairman Nadler’s blatant abuse of power, and at the Attorney General’s request, the President has no other option than to make a protective assertion of executive privilege,” the statement read.

The White House urged Democrats to move beyond the investigation and focus on more pertinent issues to the American people like the border crisis, prescription drug prices, and infrastructure.

“It is sad that Chairman Nadler is only interested in pandering to the press and pleasing his radical left constituency,” Sanders wrote.

Earlier Wednesday, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said that Barr should be held in contempt of Congress for his refusal to testify to the committee and accused him of lying to the Senate Judiciary Committee.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ueller-report/

I bet that's gonna cause Jerry to raise an eyebrow!

190320212944-rep-jerry-nadler-03202019.jpg

Comment

I bet that's gonna cause Jerry to raise an eyebrow!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]36926[/ATTACH]
                                Maybe Steve Cohen will eat another bucket of KFC.

Steve-Cohen-Getty.jpg

Comment