No Collision!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Just did that with my cable company. They only would come down $12, but doubled my internet speed. Then they shipped me a new modem and router even though I told them I had the latest modem and was using my own router. So I just left them boxed up in the back bedroom. I will turn them in later if they start charging me for them. But she told me even with the new modem and router it was cheaper than my old payment by $12.
    Yeah, I currently have a "deal" where I'm paying LESS for 1 Gig of fiber optic internet by including U-verse TV and FOUR receivers --- than if I had internet alone. I told them I didn't need TV, and certainly not 4 receivers, and they said that would add $78 a month to remove them.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      I just had my internet speed doubled and got my cost knocked down nearly $50 (I bundle my phone, internet and cable with ATT). This was after they tried to raise my bill by $40 and I told them to go pound sand.
      I learned to use the phrase "customer retention department" when calling about rates. Then they know you'r fixin' to jump ship, and bring out the REAL discounts. Maybe that's essentially what happened in your case?
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        I learned to use the phrase "customer retention department" when calling about rates. Then they know you'r fixin' to jump ship, and bring out the REAL discounts. Maybe that's essentially what happened in your case?
        I never ask to speak with Customer Service but ask for Customer Loyalty.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Yeah, similar to "customer retention", and as for "loyalty" - I often will call when they have a special deal for "new customers only" --- I ask them "do you really believe that NEW customers are more important than LOYAL customers?" I usually get the discounts. I've even used this when a brick-n-murder store tries to con me into signing up for their store credit card with a 30% discount --- "do you REALLY believe that credit card customers are more important than LOYAL customers?"

I love to haggle. It embarrasses Mrs CP --- "I'll go wait in the car "

Comment

I managed to snag the phone number for my cell phone provider that goes directly to the management office.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I've had State Farm since the 80s. They're very good to me.

I had this rental incident where there was paint transfer found on it when I returned it. My mistake was not referring it to SF right there and then. This was when I thought my rental car rider would cover rentals I took out. The rental place docked me 500 bucks (credit card). SF got my report, asked why I didn't call them, and got me to undertand my rider was only for when MY car was out of action and then worked on the rental place.

It so happened the place had given me a bad one...the steering was chattering badly and I had to have a death grip on it. I didn't go back and demand a replacement because I was bound and determined to get to that conference. When I got back I had shared my unhappiness with them. Before the paint transfer was discovered.

Upshot is, I was reimbursed all but 25 bucks. And I figured out that no matter what, it's not worth being on time if it meant putting up with a dangerous car.

SF also saved me in the flooding at my house even though it was my fault.
              Last edited by DesertBerean; 03-25-2019, 02:31 PM.
              Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

I just had my internet speed doubled and got my cost knocked down nearly $50 (I bundle my phone, internet and cable with ATT). This was after they tried to raise my bill by $40 and I told them to go pound sand.
                I can't stand AT&T and I don't want satellite so right now I am limited in my choices. Google fiber was going to come to my area but then they backed out. Verizon was supposed to add fiber TV/internet but they haven't gotten here yet.

And so far in order to get all of the specific channels I want, it would cost me even more to try it using streaming. I would have to buy Hulu AND Sling (both packages) and I would still be missing a few channels, and there are really only about a dozen channels that I want.

Comment

Yeah, similar to "customer retention", and as for "loyalty" - I often will call when they have a special deal for "new customers only" --- I ask them "do you really believe that NEW customers are more important than LOYAL customers?" I usually get the discounts. I've even used this when a brick-n-murder store tries to con me into signing up for their store credit card with a 30% discount --- "do you REALLY believe that credit card customers are more important than LOYAL customers?"

I love to haggle. It embarrasses Mrs CP --- "I'll go wait in the car "
                  Yeah I did ask for customer retention and I told them, "I just got a call from your marketing department who offered me blah blah deal as a new customer. I have been a customer of yours for 30 years now. Why can't I get a deal like that? Aren't your loyal customers more valuable than your new ones?"

I guess they figured since I haven't left yet, I wasn't going to.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    I can't stand AT&T and I don't want satellite so right now I am limited in my choices. Google fiber was going to come to my area but then they backed out. Verizon was supposed to add fiber TV/internet but they haven't gotten here yet.

And so far in order to get all of the specific channels I want, it would cost me even more to try it using streaming. I would have to buy Hulu AND Sling (both packages) and I would still be missing a few channels, and there are really only about a dozen channels that I want.
                    I switched from Comcast to ATT in 2012 and last year I finally was paying what I was when I had Comcast -- and didn't have all the Premium channels (except Cinemax) -- like I do now and had to pay a separate phone bill. Then they wanted to bump me up another $40 but I got them to cut me back to only $10 more than I was in 2012 (and didn't have HBO) plus double my internet speed

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06
                      Seems Google wasn't too eager to let people know that Mueller wasn't going to be indicting anyone else: Tech tyrants at Google do their best to obscure no indictments of Mueller Report
                      Um...... wrong thread. This one's title is so incredibly different than the one in which you intended to post that I'm just gastromystronified that you'd make this error!

Comment

Um...... wrong thread. This one's title is so incredibly different than the one in which you intended to post that I'm just gastromystronified that you'd make this error!
                        rogue powaz activate...

I have no idea what you mean.

Comment