No Collision!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Collision!

I survived my auto collision (not my fault) and am doing well, my vehicle is repaired like new.

This last week, my middle Grandddaughter got her DRIVER LICENSE!!!!

I wish for her NO COLLISIONS, and NO COLLISIONS FOR ME for the rest of my life, I hope.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Amen, my brother!!!!!!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Did the Russians try to interfere with your driving?

Comment

I need to update my auto insurance to include comprehensive and collision.
        A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
        George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
          I need to update my auto insurance to include comprehensive and collision.
          and shop for competitive rates! Give me all your personal information, and I'll get you hooked up.

Seriously, it's not uncommon at all for insurers to give you their best rates the first year (or six months) then find a reason to increase it for subsequent billings.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I am happy with Geico. Although the rate has gone up a little over the last 3 years even though my car is older, and I don't get that. I need to call them back.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              and shop for competitive rates! Give me all your personal information, and I'll get you hooked up.

Seriously, it's not uncommon at all for insurers to give you their best rates the first year (or six months) then find a reason to increase it for subsequent billings.
              Actually... we have an insurer through the postal union. So at least for the time being we can pay a very low rate to fully cover both cars. It's going to be through Geico.
              A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
              George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
                Actually... we have an insurer through the postal union. So at least for the time being we can pay a very low rate to fully cover both cars. It's going to be through Geico.
                Interesting... I can't use Geico because of their inhumane treatment of that poor little gecko.

(Actually, I guess I'll get a quote -- I had to go with a particular insurer when I built my house, because we had a built-in pool with no fence, and nobody else would touch it. Now that we have our fence, we should be good to go!)

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  I am happy with Geico. Although the rate has gone up a little over the last 3 years even though my car is older, and I don't get that. I need to call them back.
                  Yeah, do the old "I'm thinking about switching to InsuranceRUs" and see what they say.

Comment

That's why we have a broker who finds the best prices for us.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                      That's why we have a broker who finds the best prices for us.
                      Yeah, I've used one of those in the old days before the internetzweb. I always wondered, though, if there were incentives to go with a particular company. I'm just suspicious like that. It's like, "what's in it for them to give me the lowest priced deal".

Comment

Yeah, do the old "I'm thinking about switching to InsuranceRUs" and see what they say.
                        Just did that with my cable company. They only would come down $12, but doubled my internet speed. Then they shipped me a new modem and router even though I told them I had the latest modem and was using my own router. So I just left them boxed up in the back bedroom. I will turn them in later if they start charging me for them. But she told me even with the new modem and router it was cheaper than my old payment by $12.

Comment

Yeah, I've used one of those in the old days before the internetzweb. I always wondered, though, if there were incentives to go with a particular company. I'm just suspicious like that. It's like, "what's in it for them to give me the lowest priced deal".
                          I don't know. We've had the same broker since 1975, and they've used the same insurance company since we were married in '73. They've always been fair with the premiums, and the one accident we've had (MelMak's in 2014) they were really good and got things done in a very timely manner and since it wasn't his fault, he got a nice cheque and his rates didn't go up.

So, there might be marginally better prices, but is there better service?

Our auto rates did increase by a bit this year, but part of that might be my husband's age. He is way older than I, and I figured that might be a factor in rate increase. Something for Sparky to consider?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            Just did that with my cable company. They only would come down $12, but doubled my internet speed. Then they shipped me a new modem and router even though I told them I had the latest modem and was using my own router. So I just left them boxed up in the back bedroom. I will turn them in later if they start charging me for them. But she told me even with the new modem and router it was cheaper than my old payment by $12.
                            I just had my internet speed doubled and got my cost knocked down nearly $50 (I bundle my phone, internet and cable with ATT). This was after they tried to raise my bill by $40 and I told them to go pound sand.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                              I don't know. We've had the same broker since 1975, and they've used the same insurance company since we were married in '73. They've always been fair with the premiums, and the one accident we've had (MelMak's in 2014) they were really good and got things done in a very timely manner and since it wasn't his fault, he got a nice cheque and his rates didn't go up.

So, there might be marginally better prices, but is there better service?

Our auto rates did increase by a bit this year, but part of that might be my husband's age. He is way older than I, and I figured that might be a factor in rate increase. Something for Sparky to consider?
                              You hit on it! It's why I always use the term "biggest bang for the buck". There's often a bad reason something is cheaper, and "good service" can be really hard to find.

I'm with Texas Farm Bureau, and my agent and staff have been absolutely stellar in getting things resolved. They even promised to cover my property (under construction) as though they had a policy in force, even thought they couldn't really send it to underwriting until my fence was built. (It was a big fence project - about 700 linear feet - and it had rained so much we couldn't get equipment in the pasture without destroying property)

Comment