Mrs CP and Stephen Hawking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mrs CP and Stephen Hawking

So, Mrs CP and I have been watching the special on TV about Einstein and Hawking.

Out of the Blue, Mrs CP says "he signed my notebook". I asked, "who"? She said, "Hawking".

I had to think about that a minute, and asked - THE HAWKING?!?! She said "that one on TV, yes".

I thought about it a minute, and said, "you know he's dead, right?" She said, "well, yeah, this was before he died". (she has always had a flair for stating the obvious)

I paused the show and said, "when did he sign your notebook"? She said, "when I brought him lunch before one of his speeches at A&M". (I think that was 2008ish)

Turns out Mrs CP had interaction with this intellectual giant, and NEVER TOLD ME about it! We (Mrs CP and I) had run into him a number of times at local restaurants in College Station, but she never said anything about being in the same room with him at work!

So, I asked "how come you never told me about it?" She matter-of-factly replied "because I signed a confidentiality agreement not allowing me to talk about it til a year after he died".

Moral of the Story: If Mrs CP agrees to something, or not to talk about something, you can take it to the bank!!!!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Does she know Chuck Norris too?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Does she know Chuck Norris too?
      Actually, yes - our daughter (the prodigal son one) and his niece used to be good friends, and he would come to the Junior High Football games to watch them cheer. He has a ranch - Lone Wolf Ranch - just out of Anderson, Texas, down the road from Navasota, Texas.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Our favorite Hawking story is...

one of the professors from A&M had Hawking out to his ranch in College Station for a BBQ. This rancher raised Emus, and Hawking had never seen one. Hawking was absolutely fascinated by the Emus, and insisted on driving his motorized wheelchair out into the pasture to "walk among them". They were just as curious about him and his rig, and he thought that was wonderful. They had a hard time convincing him to come back to the house for supper.

emus.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Actually, yes - our daughter (the prodigal son one) and his niece used to be good friends, and he would come to the Junior High Football games to watch them cheer. He has a ranch - Lone Wolf Ranch - just out of Anderson, Texas, down the road from Navasota, Texas.
          The first time I met him, I was standing on even ground with him (the steps up to the bleachers - we were on the same step) and my daughter introduced me to him - he took off his cowboy hat to shake my hand, and I thought "GEE, he's MUCH SHORTER than I am!*" I thought about saying, "Why, I could whoop your lily white....." But then I came back to reality.

*he's actually not - I just expected him to be much bigger!

Comment