Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wanna Know What's In Your Mailbox Without Opening it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanna Know What's In Your Mailbox Without Opening it?

OK, first of all --- SNAIL MAIL, not email.

Our mailbox - like many rural residents - is "way down the road", and I don't always stop by to see what's there. But I signed up for a new service a couple months ago, and every morning I get an email from the post office with screenshots of the various items that will be delivered that day! It's pretty cool. If you're waiting on a check, for example, you might wanna head on over there to get it. If it's just junk mail, wait til tomorrow!

Just go to "Informed Delivery" for the USPS and see if the service is available for your area.

And, yes, there's an APP for that!

informed.jpg
    Download the USPS Informed Delivery App to view incoming mail and track incoming packages anytime, anywhere on your smartphone or tablet. It's free and available for iOS, Android, and Windows in your app store.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

That only works if the PO actually delivers the correct mail to your box.

I had to call our local PO last week because we keep getting mail for people with the same house number one street over.

And someone keeps getting our mail because we've seen people not PO carriers delivering it to our house.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Yeah I use that app all the time. I mostly pay my bills through automatic payments so I don't get much in the mail that is important, so I use the app to let me know if I need to go check the mail box or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        Yeah I use that app all the time. I mostly pay my bills through automatic payments so I don't get much in the mail that is important, so I use the app to let me know if I need to go check the mail box or not.
        that
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

This reminds me of an incident years ago when I subscribed to the Washington times Weekly. I was in church one Wednesday evening and a lady in the church who knew me and had the same house number but lived across town handed me my paper.
          When I Survey....

Comment

It actually only guarantees that it will be delivered to you within the next week. It often takes a day or two for it to get sorted to the right place.
            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
              It actually only guarantees that it will be delivered to you within the next week. It often takes a day or two for it to get sorted to the right place.
              Mine seems to show up the same day I get the email notice.

Comment

Mine is pretty much spot on --- whatever shows up in the email shows up in my mailbox.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

I had to call our local PO last week because we keep getting mail for people with the same house number one street over.

And someone keeps getting our mail because we've seen people not PO carriers delivering it to our house.

You might benefit from this type of service. If the post office takes a picture of it before delivering it, then you know what your neighbors will be delivering to you. And you can leave a tip for them.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                    You might benefit from this type of service. If the post office takes a picture of it before delivering it, then you know what your neighbors will be delivering to you. And you can leave a tip for them.
                    Don't know if Canada Post has options like that.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      Mine is pretty much spot on --- whatever shows up in the email shows up in my mailbox.
                      That's interesting. A few months ago, I was fielding complaints from somebody who complained that some of the letters they saw on their email didn't show up for 4-5 days after. So it does work better in other locations.
                      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        OK, first of all --- SNAIL MAIL, not email.

Our mailbox - like many rural residents - is "way down the road", and I don't always stop by to see what's there. But I signed up for a new service a couple months ago, and every morning I get an email from the post office with screenshots of the various items that will be delivered that day! It's pretty cool. If you're waiting on a check, for example, you might wanna head on over there to get it. If it's just junk mail, wait til tomorrow!
                        This could be very helpful, if it works. Some people here get "rural delivery" out at the end of the lane, but my family has rented a P.O. box in town for as long as I can remember. It's a hassle to drive down there, and especially annoying when there's only dreck. I end up forgetting about it and not going for weeks -- which causes problems of its own.
                        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

Oh yeah, that.

I pick up at the P.O. A few times a year, I get stuff in my box that really is not close, either in terms of address or name. It's not real often, so I forget it happens and don't always think to check before opening. And the fact that I don't always pick up promptly... well... a while back, I opened a package thinking it was vitamins I forgot I'd ordered, but it was flippin' DRUGS. THEN I looked at the name and address, not even close. And by that time, it was WEEKS after the intended recipient was supposed to take them prior to surgery.
                          Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

That's interesting. A few months ago, I was fielding complaints from somebody who complained that some of the letters they saw on their email didn't show up for 4-5 days after. So it does work better in other locations.
                            I'm wondering if it has something to do with the sort function - it seems in Texas that some Post Offices are sort centers or regional distribution points, and others seem to be "down line".

In some places I lived, if you mailed a letter to somebody across the street, it would go to a nearby bigger city first, then come back. Where I currently live, if a letter gets dropped off at the PO by afternoon pickup, you can pretty well bet that the recipient in our same town will get it the next morning.

You probably know a lot more about this stuff than I do.

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                              This could be very helpful, if it works. Some people here get "rural delivery" out at the end of the lane, but my family has rented a P.O. box in town for as long as I can remember. It's a hassle to drive down there, and especially annoying when there's only dreck. I end up forgetting about it and not going for weeks -- which causes problems of its own.
                              Yeah, our mailbox is "down the road", so it's helpful to know that there's only advertising in it, as opposed to something for which you are anxiously waiting.

Comment