Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wanna Know What's In Your Mailbox Without Opening it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since most of my bills are paid automatically there are days that I don't get any mail at all, so I hate running down and checking only to find an empty mailbox. This way I can ignore it until I get an email.

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
      Oh yeah, that.

I pick up at the P.O. A few times a year, I get stuff in my box that really is not close, either in terms of address or name. It's not real often, so I forget it happens and don't always think to check before opening. And the fact that I don't always pick up promptly... well... a while back, I opened a package thinking it was vitamins I forgot I'd ordered, but it was flippin' DRUGS. THEN I looked at the name and address, not even close. And by that time, it was WEEKS after the intended recipient was supposed to take them prior to surgery.
      We've also received mail that belongs to someone with an address not even remotely similar to ours, in a different part of town. I wonder if sometimes the sorting machine doesn't separate the mail properly, or it gets stuck to another piece somehow, or the carrier just isn't paying attention.

We have been fortunate to have mail delivery to our home since we bought it in '78. Newer areas have big boxes for the whole block that you have to walk or drive t to pick up your mail. Better than driving to the PO every day, I guess.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
        We've also received mail that belongs to someone with an address not even remotely similar to ours, in a different part of town. I wonder if sometimes the sorting machine doesn't separate the mail properly, or it gets stuck to another piece somehow, or the carrier just isn't paying attention.

We have been fortunate to have mail delivery to our home since we bought it in '78. Newer areas have big boxes for the whole block that you have to walk or drive t to pick up your mail. Better than driving to the PO every day, I guess.
        A lot of times they'll stuff several envelopes into a folded over magazine, like slices of cheese in a Taco, rubber band that, and deliver the "package" -- if an envelope accidentally gets sorted into that "taco", the carrier won't even know.

(do they have tacos in Canada?)
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          A lot of times they'll stuff several envelopes into a folded over magazine, like slices of cheese in a Taco, rubber band that, and deliver the "package" -- if an envelope accidentally gets sorted into that "taco", the carrier won't even know.

(do they have tacos in Canada?)
          We get that sort of mail sometimes.

And we have Taco Bell, which is part of KFC here. I've never eaten at Taco Bell. I'm waiting until Sylvester Stallone comes back to life and routs Wesley Snipes before I try TB.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

And we have Taco Bell, which is part of KFC here. I've never eaten at Taco Bell. I'm waiting until Sylvester Stallone comes back to life and routs Wesley Snipes before I try TB.
            Taco Bell down here is the Mexican Phone Company.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Taco Bell down here is the Mexican Phone Company.

I don't think I have eaten at a Taco Bell for 20 years now. And I like Mexican food. But Taco Bell isn't even food, much less Mexican.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                I don't think I have eaten at a Taco Bell for 20 years now. And I like Mexican food. But Taco Bell isn't even food, much less Mexican.
                We like the "hole in the wall" places, and tend to steer clear of the national brands. One of my favorites is an old house that was converted into a restaurant, and the living room was converted into the dining room, the dining room was converted into a food prep area, and the kitchen is just a residential kitchen that you can see from where you're seated --- only seats about 8 tables at a time, but it's honest-to-goodness Mexican food, not this TexMex stuff.

It probably wouldn't pass health inspection because of the appliances not being "commercial", but the lady that runs it keeps things incredibly neat and clean, and, like I said, you can see the food prep and cooking from where you are eating, so you can see they're "doing it right".

In the old days we used to go across the border for some REAL Mexican food, but in many places that's simply no longer safe.

Comment

We like the "hole in the wall" places, and tend to steer clear of the national brands. One of my favorites is an old house that was converted into a restaurant, and the living room was converted into the dining room, the dining room was converted into a food prep area, and the kitchen is just a residential kitchen that you can see from where you're seated --- only seats about 8 tables at a time, but it's honest-to-goodness Mexican food, not this TexMex stuff.

It probably wouldn't pass health inspection because of the appliances not being "commercial", but the lady that runs it keeps things incredibly neat and clean, and, like I said, you can see the food prep and cooking from where you are eating, so you can see they're "doing it right".

In the old days we used to go across the border for some REAL Mexican food, but in many places that's simply no longer safe.
                  We have some restaurants like that around here. One is a fancy-schmancy chef-owned house where you sit in various rooms in the house and they serve you $50-$100 plates with a spoonful of food on them. Another is a pizza parlor. It's pretty neat. Upstairs is a bar, downstairs they have a dining room and kitchen. Outside is like a covered area with tables.

Comment

When we lived in El Paso, we would go over to Juarez to eat and shop. But that was back in the 1970s. I don't think I would go over there now if I lived there.

Comment

My best friend insists that Taco Bell is the best Mexican restaurant. facepalm3.gif

Of course he also thinks Little Caesar's has the best pizza and Ryan's cooks the best steak. facepalm3.gif facepalm3.gif

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        My best friend insists that Taco Bell is the best Mexican restaurant. [ATTACH=CONFIG]35938[/ATTACH]

Of course he also thinks Little Caesar's has the best pizza and Ryan's cooks the best steak. [ATTACH=CONFIG]35938[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]35938[/ATTACH]

Was he raised in a cave?

Wait. I thought I was your best friend?!

Comment

Was he raised in a cave?

Wait. I thought I was your best friend?!
                          He is. But I loathe it when he gets to pick what restaurant we're going to for lunch.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            My best friend insists that Taco Bell is the best Mexican restaurant. [ATTACH=CONFIG]35938[/ATTACH]

Of course he also thinks Little Caesar's has the best pizza and Ryan's cooks the best steak. [ATTACH=CONFIG]35938[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]35938[/ATTACH]
                            The only place I've ever had tacos was at a place in Utah on a trip probably 30 years ago. Although MelMak makes a nice taco, I am not fond of Mexican food in general.

I don't like Little Ceasar's, and I don't know what a Ryan's is.

Comment

When we lived in El Paso, we would go over to Juarez to eat and shop. But that was back in the 1970s. I don't think I would go over there now if I lived there.
                              Yeah, I know people who used to cross the border in El Paso, Brownsville, Nuevo Leon, and the Valley for Dental Work - actually quality dentistry at ridiculously low prices ---- but it got too dangerous.

Comment

Yeah, I know people who used to cross the border in El Paso, Brownsville, Nuevo Leon, and the Valley for Dental Work - actually quality dentistry at ridiculously low prices ---- but it got too dangerous.
                                Instead of novocaine the dentist tells you to bite the bullet.
                                When I Survey....

Comment