Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Smollett Charges Dropped...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seer View Post
    Your white privilege is showing...
    His black privilege is showing.

And I'm disgusted that he is getting off basically scott free.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      The police union is demanding a federal investigation.
      well they are doing a federal investigation on the letter. IF they follow through he could get some big time for mail fraud and terroristic threatening.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
        His black privilege is showing.

And I'm disgusted that he is getting off basically scott free.
        Yeah, after this I don't want to hear another word about "white privilege"...
        I am Punkinhead.

"I have missed you, Oh Grand High Priestess of the Order of the Stirring Pot"

~ Cow Poke aka CP aka Creacher aka ke7ejx's apprentice....

Comment

Originally posted by ke7ejx View Post
          Yeah, after this I don't want to hear another word about "white privilege"...
          That is exactly what someone with white privilege would say!
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

TMZ is reporting that State Attorney Kim Foxx who is a friend of the Smollett family started running interference for Jussie Smollett when it became clear that the police doubted his story.

Source: TMZ

The initial correspondence started when Michelle Obama's former chief of staff, Tina Tchen, emailed Foxx to say that she was reaching out on behalf of Jussie's family to express "concerns" they had with how the investigation at that point was being handled.

Jussie had not been charged with a crime yet, but it's believed Chicago PD was already doubting his story and leaking info to the press pushing that narrative.

Foxx responded to Tchen on Feb. 1, saying ... "Spoke to Superintendent Johnson. I convinced him to Reach out to FBI to ask that they take over the investigation. He is reaching out now and will get back to me shortly."

The same day, an unnamed relative of Jussie's texted Foxx herself, as well, and Foxx said she was working on getting the case sent over to the FBI. The relative replied, "Omg this would a huge victory." Foxx then responded, "I make no guarantees, but I'm trying."

Later, Foxx recused herself from the case when Jussie became a suspect. And, of course, her office just announced Tuesday that it was dropping all of the charges against Jussie, after coming out strong with a 16-count indictment just weeks earlier.

https://www.tmz.com/2019/03/26/kim-f...arges-dropped/

© Copyright Original Source

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              TMZ is reporting that State Attorney Kim Foxx who is a friend of the Smollett family started running interference for Jussie Smollett when it became clear that the police doubted his story.

Source: TMZ

The initial correspondence started when Michelle Obama's former chief of staff, Tina Tchen, emailed Foxx to say that she was reaching out on behalf of Jussie's family to express "concerns" they had with how the investigation at that point was being handled.

Jussie had not been charged with a crime yet, but it's believed Chicago PD was already doubting his story and leaking info to the press pushing that narrative.

Foxx responded to Tchen on Feb. 1, saying ... "Spoke to Superintendent Johnson. I convinced him to Reach out to FBI to ask that they take over the investigation. He is reaching out now and will get back to me shortly."

The same day, an unnamed relative of Jussie's texted Foxx herself, as well, and Foxx said she was working on getting the case sent over to the FBI. The relative replied, "Omg this would a huge victory." Foxx then responded, "I make no guarantees, but I'm trying."

Later, Foxx recused herself from the case when Jussie became a suspect. And, of course, her office just announced Tuesday that it was dropping all of the charges against Jussie, after coming out strong with a 16-count indictment just weeks earlier.

https://www.tmz.com/2019/03/26/kim-f...arges-dropped/

recused herself? I guess now if everything backfires, she can blame an underling and believes she can come out smelling like roses.

Comment

Source: Corrupt As Hell – Chicago Prosecutor Joseph Magats Drops All Charges Against Jussie Smollett….

Joseph Magats, the Asst. State’s Attorney, said he saw no problems with the police investigation or the evidence against Smollett. The charges against Smollett were simply dropped in return for his agreement to do community service, and for forfeiting his bond to the city of Chicago.

Upon making the decision to drop the charges, asst. state attorney Joseph Magats also said: “Here’s the thing – we work to prioritize violent crime and the drivers of violent crime. Public safety is our number one priority. I don’t see Jussie Smollett as a threat to public safety.”

Magats went on to say, “We stand behind the investigation, we stand behind the decision to charge him and we stand behind the charges in the case. The mere fact that it was disposed of in an alternative manner does not mean that there were any problems or infirmities in the case or the evidence.”

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...ssie-smollett/

This has shades of the "no reasonable prosecutor" debacle.

Comment

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Source: Corrupt As Hell – Chicago Prosecutor Joseph Magats Drops All Charges Against Jussie Smollett….

Joseph Magats, the Asst. State’s Attorney, said he saw no problems with the police investigation or the evidence against Smollett. The charges against Smollett were simply dropped in return for his agreement to do community service, and for forfeiting his bond to the city of Chicago.

Upon making the decision to drop the charges, asst. state attorney Joseph Magats also said: “Here’s the thing – we work to prioritize violent crime and the drivers of violent crime. Public safety is our number one priority. I don’t see Jussie Smollett as a threat to public safety.”

Magats went on to say, “We stand behind the investigation, we stand behind the decision to charge him and we stand behind the charges in the case. The mere fact that it was disposed of in an alternative manner does not mean that there were any problems or infirmities in the case or the evidence.”

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...ssie-smollett/

This has shades of the "no reasonable prosecutor" debacle.
                    Right, like they don't have time to prosecute such cases because of all of the violent crime? Ummmm, wasn't this supposed to have been a violent crime?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      Right, like they don't have time to prosecute such cases because of all of the violent crime? Ummmm, wasn't this supposed to have been a violent crime?
                      I heard a pundit yesterday say that filing false police reports are incredibly common in Chicago and the perpetrators are virtually never prosecuted so it would be unfair to target Smollett for prosecution. I'm sure she was impressed with her train (wreck) of thought.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

At the very least, a "driver of a violent crime".

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          I heard a pundit yesterday say that filing false police reports are incredibly common in Chicago and the perpetrators are virtually never prosecuted so it would be unfair to target Smollett for prosecution. I'm sure she was impressed with her train (wreck) of thought.
                          Just the optics of the case should have demanded him be prosecuted, or at the minimum he should have pled guilty and then be let off with a slap on the wrist. The way they did it, he is prancing around continuing to put for the same lie that he is innocent and was attacked.

Comment

It was a hoax, so a pretend violent crime, I guess.

Comment

Just the optics of the case should have demanded him be prosecuted, or at the minimum he should have pled guilty and then be let off with a slap on the wrist. The way they did it, he is prancing around continuing to put for the same lie that he is innocent and was attacked.
                              Now his attorney is talking about suing the Chicago PD for something or other, claiming that the city prosecutor said there wasn't enough evidence to make a case. Except what the prosecutor actually said is there wasn't anything wrong with the case or the evidence; they just didn't want to bother going to court because it wasn't a violent crime.

Comment

Now his attorney is talking about suing the Chicago PD for something or other, claiming that the city prosecutor said there wasn't enough evidence to make a case. Except what the prosecutor actually said is there wasn't anything wrong with the case or the evidence; they just didn't want to bother going to court because it wasn't a violent crime.
                                I think he is working his way into getting it turned around and him being prosecuted. His best bet would be to slink into the shadows and hope everyone forgets.

Comment