Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

New Zealand bars Down syndrome child from immigrating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Zealand bars Down syndrome child from immigrating

I thought about posting this in the Pro-Life section because that is my main concern here. The father had a good job offer in New Zealand, but one of his daughters has Down syndrome, and the NZ government concluded she would be too much of a drain on the system. The family was willing to pay for a full time educational tutor for her but this was not allowed to come under consideration. The father would have been a contributor to the country's economy; his job would have been a prime one.

My pro-life concern is the worldwide genocide against children with Down syndrome. Iceland has reportedly eliminated it completely due to abortion. Discriminatory policies such as this create a strong disincentive to proceed with pregnancy when Down syndrome has been detected.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12216686
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Sick. What next, kill everyone with a disability?
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Smacks of Nazi Eugenics.

And it highlights a definite problem with government run healthcare. When the government is in control of all healthcare and education, they can decide what gets treated and what doesn't. Under private healthcare you might have one insurance company deny coverage for something but you can always find another insurance company or pay for it yourself. But if the government decides that it is not worth supporting or treating a down's syndrome child, or like that baby that the UK refused to treat recently, then you have no recourse. They even refused to let the parents take the baby to another country for treatment! And here you have the government not even wanting to give the girl special education when the family says they would pay for it themselves!

This guy might be better off NOT immigrating to NZ.

Comment

These people need to meet someone with Down Syndrome.
        I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Come soon, Lord Jesus
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment