Page 39 of 54 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 390 of 531

Thread: Joe Biden, Me Too..

  1. #381
    tWebber Tassman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Sydney/Phuket
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,103
    Amen (Given)
    2455
    Amen (Received)
    1762
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    The "new democrats" want to go far beyond the first trimester. They want no limits whatsoever. Long gone is the deceptive "safe, legal and rare" claim.
    Some do but it's not the majority position and it will not become a part of the Democrat platform. What's at stake is retaining R v W as is.
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

  2. #382
    Evolution is God's ID rogue06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southeastern U.S. of A.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    49,615
    Amen (Given)
    1055
    Amen (Received)
    17854
    Quote Originally Posted by Tassman View Post
    Some do but it's not the majority position and it will not become a part of the Democrat platform. What's at stake is retaining R v W as is.
    It's the part that are driving all the Democrats into seeing who can be further to the left of the others -- and that is the part currently controlling the party.

    But you're right in that it would be surprising if they are that open about it in their platform. More likely they'll just have some empty platitudes about protecting the right of a woman to kill her unborn baby which will of course now includes right up to the moment of birth but won't explicitly say that.

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

  3. #383
    Evolution is God's ID rogue06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southeastern U.S. of A.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    49,615
    Amen (Given)
    1055
    Amen (Received)
    17854
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    It's the part that are driving all the Democrats into seeing who can be further to the left of the others -- and that is the part currently controlling the party.

    But you're right in that it would be surprising if they are that open about it in their platform. More likely they'll just have some empty platitudes about protecting the right of a woman to kill her unborn baby which will of course now includes right up to the moment of birth but won't explicitly say that.
    I should also note that AFAICT, the very few presidential contenders asked about the legislation passed in New York and Illinois, none of them have expressed disagreement with it.

    For instance when asked about it as well as comments by Virginia governor Ralph Northam in support of allowing even those already born to die on The View by Meghan McCain, Amy Klobuchar first feigned ignorance and then tried to change the topic until Joy Behar stepped in claiming that third term abortion are so rare that the point is essentially moot[1].

    Likewise, Bernie Sanders employed almost identical tactics to avoid answering whether he supports these measures when asked by Martha McCallum at a townhall event sponsored by Fox News.

    Even Biden, who once opposed late-term abortions has backed away from that position.

    And who could forget how nearly every single Democrat voted against the 2019 Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act -- which does NOT restrict abortion rights but would instead extend legal protection to infants born alive after attempted abortion procedures.

    And then there's this from the Democrat's most recent standard bearer on Face the Nation making it clear that she opposes any and all limits on abortion at "any stage of pregnancy"


    It's all about "respecting a woman's right to choose or not. And I think that's what this whole argument once again is about."







    1. A common erroneous claim spread by pro-abortion supporters. As Ramesh Ponnuru has pointed out, there are more late-term abortions committed annually in the United States than there are homicides committed with guns (roughly 12,000 to 11,000).

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

  4. #384
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    48,003
    Amen (Given)
    4771
    Amen (Received)
    21239
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    After Roe v Wade millions of babies die every year.

  5. Amen Bill the Cat amen'd this post.
  6. #385
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    51,817
    Amen (Given)
    11231
    Amen (Received)
    23979
    Quote Originally Posted by Tassman View Post
    Some do but it's not the majority position and it will not become a part of the Democrat platform. What's at stake is retaining R v W as is.
    I don't think you can predict, in this current political atmosphere, what will not be included in the Democrat Platform. Who would have ever imagined that they would have had a contentious time just allowing God to be on the Platform?
    I have called you my friends.... Jesus
    Jn 15:15

  7. #386
    tWebber Tassman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Sydney/Phuket
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,103
    Amen (Given)
    2455
    Amen (Received)
    1762
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    It's the part that are driving all the Democrats into seeing who can be further to the left of the others -- and that is the part currently controlling the party.
    This is the direct consequence of a slew of state laws barring any access to abortion. It is this that has thrust the issue into the national spotlight and set up a potential court battle.

    But you're right in that it would be surprising if they are that open about it in their platform. More likely they'll just have some empty platitudes about protecting the right of a woman to kill her unborn baby which will of course now includes right up to the moment of birth but won't explicitly say that.
    But no political party, including the extreme “leftists” in the Democrat Party, is going to override the two thirds majority of the population that want to keep R v W as is and restrict abortions to the first trimester.

    https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2019/...ws-poll-finds/

    It’s not in their political interests to do so.
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

  8. #387
    Evolution is God's ID rogue06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southeastern U.S. of A.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    49,615
    Amen (Given)
    1055
    Amen (Received)
    17854
    Quote Originally Posted by Tassman View Post
    This is the direct consequence of a slew of state laws barring any access to abortion. It is this that has thrust the issue into the national spotlight and set up a potential court battle.
    You've got that backwards. The passage of the heartbeat laws themselves are in direct reaction to the laws passed in places like New York, where they even had a massive celebration (lighting up skyscrapers and bridges in pink etc.) , and comments from Democrat politicians including Gov. Ralph Northam (D - Va.) calling for post-birth abortions.

    Get your history straight.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tassman View Post
    But no political party, including the extreme “leftists” in the Democrat Party, is going to override the two thirds majority of the population that want to keep R v W as is and restrict abortions to the first trimester.

    https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2019/...ws-poll-finds/

    It’s not in their political interests to do so.
    I wouldn't bet any money on that

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

  9. #388
    tWebber Tassman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Sydney/Phuket
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,103
    Amen (Given)
    2455
    Amen (Received)
    1762
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    You've got that backwards. The passage of the heartbeat laws themselves are in direct reaction to the laws passed in places like New York, where they even had a massive celebration (lighting up skyscrapers and bridges in pink etc.) , and comments from Democrat politicians including Gov. Ralph Northam (D - Va.) calling for post-birth abortions.
    I’m unaware of any direct connection between that and the Alabama Heartbeat law et al. But even if there was it’s a ridiculously extreme reaction.

    I wouldn't bet any money on that.
    Well I would. With two-thirds of Americans wanting the Supreme Court to keep Roe v. Wade as it stands now (according to polls) it would take a very rash politician to try and have it overturned. .
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

  10. #389
    Evolution is God's ID rogue06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southeastern U.S. of A.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    49,615
    Amen (Given)
    1055
    Amen (Received)
    17854
    Quote Originally Posted by Tassman View Post
    I’m unaware of any direct connection between that and the Alabama Heartbeat law et al. But even if there was it’s a ridiculously extreme reaction.



    Well I would. With two-thirds of Americans wanting the Supreme Court to keep Roe v. Wade as it stands now (according to polls) it would take a very rash politician to try and have it overturned. .
    The Democrat candidates for president that have commented on the legislation passed in some states allowing abortions to be performed up to the last moments before birth are either in support of them or steadfastly refusing to oppose them. And the very fact that blue states keep passing these laws demonstrates that the Democrats don't care what two-thirds of the public supposedly wants. And then there is the fact that the Democrats in Congress almost unanimously oppose extending legal protection to infants born alive after attempted abortion procedures.

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

  11. #390
    tWebber Tassman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Sydney/Phuket
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,103
    Amen (Given)
    2455
    Amen (Received)
    1762
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    The Democrat candidates for president that have commented on the legislation passed in some states allowing abortions to be performed up to the last moments before birth are either in support of them or steadfastly refusing to oppose them.
    Yes, I’m aware of that but still contend that the majority of Democrat candidates are not such extremists; it’s highly unlikely that one of them will be the Democrat candidate for president. Two-thirds of Americans want the Supreme Court to keep Roe v. Wade as it stands now and I expect that the Dem candidate will reflect the majority values.
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •