Page 49 of 54 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Biden, Me Too..

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tassman View Post
    Given that the vast majority of abortions are performed during the first 12 weeks, i.e. the first trimester, this is not an issue.
    Not to a cold-blooded heartless liberal like you.
    I have called you my friends.... Jesus
    Jn 15:15

2. Amen Bill the Cat, Mountain Man amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    As been shown what you call an insensate, non-viable fetus and a sentient newborn child isn't nearly as distinct as you seem to think. A 23 week old baby was recently given birth to and survived. In your book that was impossible.
    A most inconvenient fact, to be sure.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tassmoron View Post
    And the distinction between an insensate, non-viable fetus at 12 weeks and a sentient newborn child IS quite distinct.
    Consider what would happen to a newborn baby if left alone in the woods for 48-hours, and then we can discuss the definition of "viable".
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

5. Amen Bill the Cat, Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Dumbass,

A 23 week old baby was born and survived. She had a fully functioning nervous system. Gee, I guess she WAS viable after all huh?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...ds/1276867001/
    I'm telling you what the science says, and though the time line is controversial, this new born is still 23 weeks, the second trimester, not the first, and most all of these babies are born with terrible medical problems. Again, 90% of abortions are performed in the first trimester and those performed later along are decisions made by the women and their doctors for medical reasons.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    I'm telling you what the science says, and though the time line is controversial, this new born is still 23 weeks, the second trimester, not the first, and most all of these babies are born with terrible medical problems. Again, 90% of abortions are performed in the first trimester and those performed later along are decisions made by the women and their doctors for medical reasons.
    LOL - Jim, you were saying they didn't have a brain at 28 weeks. Here is a baby at 23 weeks with a brain.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimLamebrain View Post
    I'm telling you what the science says [...] the second trimester...
    As someone explained earlier (or was it in another thread?) the whole "trimester" concept is not scientific. It's an artificial distinction used purely for convenience when discussing pregnancies. If you want to appeal to scientific fact then you will have to concede that human development is a continuous, unbroken cycle from conception to death and that pointing to any one point along that continuum and saying, "Before this time, it is not a human being; after this time, it is a human being" is a scientific impossibility.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

9. Amen Zymologist amen'd this post.
    Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Got any support for that assertion regarding later abortions? I'ma go out on a limb and say no, since plenty of contrary evidence has been posted here already.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    LOL - Jim, you were saying they didn't have a brain at 28 weeks. Here is a baby at 23 weeks with a brain.
    No, I didn't say anything about a brain per se. I said that according to the science, and I even cited it for you, that the proper nervous system neuronal connections necessary to experience pain were not developed until 28 weeks.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    No, I didn't say anything about a brain per se. I said that according to the science, and I even cited it for you, that the proper nervous system neuronal connections necessary to experience pain were not developed until 28 weeks.
    That "science" is very much in dispute within the scientific community, Jimmy.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Except they are. The 23 week old baby has a fully functioning nervous system.