Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Joe Biden, Me Too..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
    Given that the vast majority of abortions are performed during the first 12 weeks, i.e. the first trimester, this is not an issue.
    Not to a cold-blooded heartless liberal like you.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      As been shown what you call an insensate, non-viable fetus and a sentient newborn child isn't nearly as distinct as you seem to think. A 23 week old baby was recently given birth to and survived. In your book that was impossible.
      A most inconvenient fact, to be sure.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
        And the distinction between an insensate, non-viable fetus at 12 weeks and a sentient newborn child IS quite distinct.
        Consider what would happen to a newborn baby if left alone in the woods for 48-hours, and then we can discuss the definition of "viable".
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          Dumbass,

A 23 week old baby was born and survived. She had a fully functioning nervous system. Gee, I guess she WAS viable after all huh?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...ds/1276867001/
          I'm telling you what the science says, and though the time line is controversial, this new born is still 23 weeks, the second trimester, not the first, and most all of these babies are born with terrible medical problems. Again, 90% of abortions are performed in the first trimester and those performed later along are decisions made by the women and their doctors for medical reasons.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
            I'm telling you what the science says, and though the time line is controversial, this new born is still 23 weeks, the second trimester, not the first, and most all of these babies are born with terrible medical problems. Again, 90% of abortions are performed in the first trimester and those performed later along are decisions made by the women and their doctors for medical reasons.
            LOL - Jim, you were saying they didn't have a brain at 28 weeks. Here is a baby at 23 weeks with a brain.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
              I'm telling you what the science says [...] the second trimester...
              As someone explained earlier (or was it in another thread?) the whole "trimester" concept is not scientific. It's an artificial distinction used purely for convenience when discussing pregnancies. If you want to appeal to scientific fact then you will have to concede that human development is a continuous, unbroken cycle from conception to death and that pointing to any one point along that continuum and saying, "Before this time, it is not a human being; after this time, it is a human being" is a scientific impossibility.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Got any support for that assertion regarding later abortions? I'ma go out on a limb and say no, since plenty of contrary evidence has been posted here already.
                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

LOL - Jim, you were saying they didn't have a brain at 28 weeks. Here is a baby at 23 weeks with a brain.
                  No, I didn't say anything about a brain per se. I said that according to the science, and I even cited it for you, that the proper nervous system neuronal connections necessary to experience pain were not developed until 28 weeks.

Comment

No, I didn't say anything about a brain per se. I said that according to the science, and I even cited it for you, that the proper nervous system neuronal connections necessary to experience pain were not developed until 28 weeks.
                    That "science" is very much in dispute within the scientific community, Jimmy.

Comment

Except they are. The 23 week old baby has a fully functioning nervous system.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        Consider what would happen to a newborn baby if left alone in the woods for 48-hours, and then we can discuss the definition of "viable".
                        The local news has been showing body cam video from the officers who found a newborn (couple hours old) that had been abandoned in the woods. Considering the direction that the left has gone the last couple of years I'd be surprised if the mother isn't hailed as a heroine by them for making her "brave choice."

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Science has to conform to the facts and evidence but little jimmy wants it to conform to ideology and rhetoric instead.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• “Pain receptors (nociceptors) are present throughout the unborn child’s entire body and nerves link these receptors to the brain’s thalamus and subcortical plate by no later than 20 weeks after fertilization,” the Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act says.

20 weeks is a “uniquely vulnerable time, since the pain system is fully established, yet the higher level pain-modifying system has barely begun to develop,” according to Dr. Paul Ranalli, a neurologist at the University of Toronto. This suggests 20-week-old babies might feel pain more acutely than older people.

“The embryological evidence of development of nervous system is pretty well-defined,” Dr. Kathi Aultman, a board certified OB/GYN, ACOG fellow, and former abortionist told LifeSiteNews. “And there isn’t much argument about how well developed the nervous system is at 20 weeks.”

“It is clear that the fetus is capable of mounting a physiochemical stress response to noxious stimuli as early as 18 weeks gestation,” the leading textbook on clinical anesthesia, Essential Clinical Anesthesia (published by Cambridge University Press), says. Eighteen weeks gestation is 16 weeks post-fertilization.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/blogs/t...m_campaign=LSN

Comment

• If you guys think I as as someone who mostly identifies with the Democratic Party in the US (if I were to move there, become a citizen and vote), would in any way excuse or apologize for this kind of behavior.

The Democratic party in the US has some growing to do. They've become lazy, and allowed too much to slide.

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                                No Jim, I posted this for one reason - I like seeing leftists eat their own.
                                Trolling can be fun seer, I understand why you've discovered a liking for it. I just hope that you'll be consistent.

Comment