Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Biden, Me Too..

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    Nice seeing you around again

I don't think that either party represents the mainstream social views of America in that I really don't hear a whole lot of clamoring for letting men into women's bathrooms and showering facilities, or letting men compete in women's sports, or permitting abortions right up to the moment of birth (or even after the birth)
    Yeah, at this point, I think if it were POSSIBLE to launch a "common sense" party, they could appeal to "let's focus on the areas where we agree, and not so much on the areas where we're at war". But that's another planet.
    --- this space intentionally left blank ---

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Nice seeing you around again

I don't think that either party represents the mainstream social views of America in that I really don't hear a whole lot of clamoring for letting men into women's bathrooms and showering facilities, or letting men compete in women's sports, or permitting abortions right up to the moment of birth (or even after the birth)
    There's also not many Americans that want Roe overturned, the transgendered to be banned from the military, for the drug war to continue, for a wall to be built, or for current gun laws to remain stagnant, but that hasn't stopped the Republicans any.

Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea of red View Post
    There's also not many Americans that want Roe overturned, the transgendered to be banned from the military, for the drug war to continue, for a wall to be built, or for current gun laws to remain stagnant, but that hasn't stopped the Republicans any.
    I see you haven't changed a bit.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Yeah, at this point, I think if it were POSSIBLE to launch a "common sense" party, they could appeal to "let's focus on the areas where we agree, and not so much on the areas where we're at war". But that's another planet.
    Well, the bottom line is this: the system isn't built for this.

Conservatives and liberals hate each others guts at this point, and are fighting for their way to be the law, which makes the other side miserable and resentful when the other is in power. This idea that "we have more in common than apart" is just pretty talk that isn't based in reality.

Democracy can make people get along.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Considering how much Trump changed his positions on abortion, immigration, taxes, gun control etc., the right really can't say a whole lot about flip flopping.
    As far as I know, Trump reevaluated many of his social positions long before running for president, and he's been admirably steadfast and consistent in maintaining them, so I'm not sure that counts as a flip-flop where a politician says one thing today and another tomorrow depending on which way the political winds are blowing.
    Last edited by Mountain Man; 06-12-2019 at 08:13 AM.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Well, the bottom line is this: the system isn't built for this.

Conservatives and liberals hate each others guts at this point, and are fighting for their way to be the law, which makes the other side miserable and resentful when the other is in power. This idea that "we have more in common than apart" is just pretty talk that isn't based in reality.

I'm guessing you mis-typed that last sentence, eh?
    --- this space intentionally left blank ---

7. Amen One Bad Pig, Cerebrum123 amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Tell that to the lamb when he and two wolves are democratically deciding what to have for dinner.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I will note that a significant majority do want to see significant restrictions on abortions, acutely modifying Roe, really don't care or think about transgendered in the military, and are not eager to see the government confiscating firearms ETA: and would like to see the current laws on the books enforced. As for the drug war, there are an awful lot of conservatives onboard for at least decriminalizing if not legalizing marijuana, and favoring treatment options over incarceration.
    Last edited by rogue06; 06-12-2019 at 08:18 AM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I'm guessing you mis-typed that last sentence, eh?
    Yup.

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    As far as I know, Trump reevaluated many of his social positions long before running for president, and he's been admirably steadfast and consistent in maintaining them, so I'm not sure that counts as a flip-flop where a politician says thing today and another tomorrow depending on which way the political winds are blowing.
    Dude, it's all fake. He's not sincere at all.

There are videos of him praising Clinton just two or three years before running, going on about socially liberal policies, and at times going so far as to support gun control.

The only thing the guy has remained consistent on is immigration and tariffs. Everything else he has flipped on a dozen times, sometimes within days.

Let's be real: the guy's a lair. It's cool if his sincerity doesn't matter to you, so long as he does what you want, but be honest about that, and don't pretend you can't see that he's a liar.