Page 40 of 54 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 531

Thread: Joe Biden, Me Too..

  1. #391
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,469
    Amen (Given)
    1559
    Amen (Received)
    1427
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    It's the part that are driving all the Democrats into seeing who can be further to the left of the others -- and that is the part currently controlling the party.

    But you're right in that it would be surprising if they are that open about it in their platform. More likely they'll just have some empty platitudes about protecting the right of a woman to kill her unborn baby which will of course now includes right up to the moment of birth but won't explicitly say that.
    Do you believe that if the womans life is at stake that she should have the right to abort after the 1st trimester? Roe v Wade doesn't legalize abortion across the board, there are stipulations and those decisions are made by the woman and her doctor. What you Pro lifers want to do is to take the womens right to make decisions about their own health out of their, and their doctors hands, and put it in the hands of the government.

  2. #392
    What's that? lilpixieofterror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    8,776
    Amen (Given)
    1481
    Amen (Received)
    2948
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Do you believe that if the womans life is at stake that she should have the right to abort after the 1st trimester? Roe v Wade doesn't legalize abortion across the board, there are stipulations and those decisions are made by the woman and her doctor. What you Pro lifers want to do is to take the womens right to make decisions about their own health out of their, and their doctors hands, and put it in the hands of the government.
    Less than 1% of abortions are done for medical reasons. Besides, itís hilarious that the party pushing for a total government take over of the healthcare system are the ones complaining about the government being involved in healthcare decisions.
    Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 06-20-2019 at 05:01 AM.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

  3. Amen Sparko, Mountain Man amen'd this post.
  4. #393
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,469
    Amen (Given)
    1559
    Amen (Received)
    1427
    Quote Originally Posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    Less than 1% of abortions are done for medical reasons. Besides, itís hilarious that the party pushing for a total government take over of the healthcare system are the ones complaining about the government being involved in healthcare decisions.
    Some 90%, the vast majority of abortions, are performed in the first trimester. And your second statement is meaningless.

  5. #394
    What's that? lilpixieofterror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    8,776
    Amen (Given)
    1481
    Amen (Received)
    2948
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Some 90%, the vast majority of abortions, are performed in the first trimester. And your second statement is meaningless.
    That doesnít change the fact that 99% of abortions have not a thing to do with health or safety. Besides, most liberals only believe the lies of abortion when talking about abortion, but rarely live it out in their daily lives.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

  6. #395
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    15,956
    Amen (Given)
    5522
    Amen (Received)
    5507
    Quote Originally Posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    That doesnít change the fact that 99% of abortions have not a thing to do with health or safety.
    It depends on how you define "health and safety" because a lot of liberals lump "mental health" and social and economic "safety" under those banners.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

  7. #396
    What's that? lilpixieofterror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    8,776
    Amen (Given)
    1481
    Amen (Received)
    2948
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    It depends on how you define "health and safety" because a lot of liberals lump "mental health" and social and economic "safety" under those banners.
    Even lumping those factors in still doesnít get you over 10%.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

  8. #397
    Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Inside the beltway
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    20,460
    Amen (Given)
    5949
    Amen (Received)
    11357
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Some 90%, the vast majority of abortions, are performed in the first trimester.
    This somehow manages to completely avoid lilpix's point. Abortion is almost never a matter of life or death for the mother. It is ALWAYS a matter of life or death for the baby.
    And your second statement is meaningless.
    Well, aside from pointing out your rank hypocrisy....
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. Ė St. John Chrysostom

    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

  9. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
  10. #398
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    15,956
    Amen (Given)
    5522
    Amen (Received)
    5507
    Quote Originally Posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    Even lumping those factors in still doesnít get you over 10%.
    Again, it all depends on how broadly you define the term "health and safety", and liberals are compelled to define it as broadly as possible.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

  11. Amen Bill the Cat amen'd this post.
  12. #399
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,469
    Amen (Given)
    1559
    Amen (Received)
    1427
    Quote Originally Posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    That doesnít change the fact that 99% of abortions have not a thing to do with health or safety. Besides, most liberals only believe the lies of abortion when talking about abortion, but rarely live it out in their daily lives.
    As usual, not the point. Roe v Wade leaves the decision concerning the personhood of a fetus in the 1st trimester, the point at which the great majority of abortions a performed, up to the woman, not up to the government. After a certain point in the pregnancy process it is a medical decision to be made by the woman and her doctor. The reason that some 90% of abortions have nothing to do with the health and safety of the women is because some 90% of abortions are performed in the first trimester.

  13. #400
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    48,059
    Amen (Given)
    4780
    Amen (Received)
    21261
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    As usual, not the point. Roe v Wade leaves the decision concerning the personhood of a fetus in the 1st trimester, the point at which the great majority of abortions a performed, up to the woman, not up to the government. After a certain point in the pregnancy process it is a medical decision to be made by the woman and her doctor. The reason that some 90% of abortions have nothing to do with the health and safety of the women is because some 90% of abortions are performed in the first trimester.
    You just admitted she was right and you are wrong. Nice.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •