Page 48 of 54 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Biden, Me Too..

Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    You're floundering, Jimmy. Why don't you stick to something you actually know something about?
    That would be a WAY too restrictive set of topics.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    That would be a WAY too restrictive set of topics.
    We even have to eliminate light bulbs and sockets smiley snicker.gif

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    You're floundering, Jimmy. Why don't you stick to something you actually know something about?
    Pontificating about stuff he has no idea about is about the only thing he does know something about.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrawnus View Post
    Pontificating about stuff he has no idea about is about the only thing he does know something about.
    I'm not sure he knows he's doing it.
    I have called you my friends.... Jesus
    Jn 15:15

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    That's akin to saying that it is none of our business when the mother leaves her newborn in a hot car with the windows rolled up since it's her choice.
    It’s not “akin” in any meaningful sense at all. The difference is between an insensate, non-viable fetus and a sentient newborn child.
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Is that a fact?

The old, uninformed notions that unborn and newborn babies could not feel pain are refuted by a growing body of scientific evidence. The published scientific literature shows that unborn babies can experience pain at 20 weeks gestational age (20 weeks LMP, since Last Menstrual Period, the fetal age estimate used by most obstetricians) or earlier.
    Given that the vast majority of abortions are performed during the first 12 weeks, i.e. the first trimester, this is not an issue.
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tassman View Post
    It’s not “akin” in any meaningful sense at all. The difference is between an insensate, non-viable fetus and a sentient newborn child.
    As been shown what you call an insensate, non-viable fetus and a sentient newborn child isn't nearly as distinct as you seem to think. A 23 week old baby was recently given birth to and survived. In your book that was impossible.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tassman View Post
    Given that the vast majority of abortions are performed during the first 12 weeks, i.e. the first trimester, this is not an issue.
    Not to those aborted after. Do you accept the notion that the vast majority of firearms are never used illegally much less to would or kill so we shouldn't have any restrictions on them? And keep in mind how energetically the left is to push for third trimester abortions right up to the point of delivery.
    Last edited by rogue06; 06-26-2019 at 12:34 AM.

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    As been shown what you call an insensate, non-viable fetus and a sentient newborn child isn't nearly as distinct as you seem to think. A 23 week old baby was recently given birth to and survived. In your book that was impossible.
    My argument throughout concerns first-trimester abortions, i.e. up to 12 weeks when over 90% of abortions are performed, NOT 23 weeks. And the distinction between an insensate, non-viable fetus at 12 weeks and a sentient newborn child IS quite distinct.

10. Amen JimL amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Not to those aborted after. Do you accept the notion that the vast majority of firearms are never used illegally much less to would or kill so we shouldn't have any restrictions on them? And keep in mind how energetically the left is to push for third trimester abortions right up to the point of delivery.
    R v W, which 60% want retained as is, already has provision for late term abortions in exceptional circumstances concerning the woman’s health or badly deformed fetuses. There is NOT an energetic push from the Left to remove all restrictions on abortions. This is a minority position.