Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Joe Biden, Me Too..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Yes, it is common knowledge that the vast majority of abortions are medically unnecessary. So perhaps you can explain to me why liberals continue to lie and insist that it's a women's health issue when it clearly isn't?
    Duh! Abortion is a womens health issue. You don't go to womens health clinics, do you?

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
      Duh! Abortion is a womens health issue. You don't go to womens health clinics, do you?
      I do and it isn’t a ‘women’s health issue.’ Now are you going to answer when and how a fetus becomes a human now or later?
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
        Sorry Jimmy, but I never heard any OB or medical doctor, in general, call the first trimester ‘non viable’. Non viable generally means there’s an issue with the pregnancy that will result in either death before birth or after birth.
        In general viability means the capability of the fetus to survive outside of the uterus.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          I am sure it all made sense to you in your head at the time Jimalina.

The point she made was that of ALL of the abortions in the USA, only a tiny portion are done because of the health of the mother. And you and tassy both admitted it in your idiotic responses, all the while thinking you were proving her wrong.

Comment

That's a great summary of your posts so far.

And I didn't even have to FIFY it.

Comment

In general viability means the capability of the fetus to survive outside of the uterus.
              Depends on who you ask.
              "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                That's a great summary of your posts so far.

And I didn't even have to FIFY it.
                I think they are trying to say that all pregnancies are ‘non-viable’ before the second trimester and therefore it doesn’t matter. Of course, that is just one opinion of many and only one I hear to justify abortion that is never used outside abortion, but the fun of assuming you’re conclusion is you don’t need to justify why you believe something.
                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                  I think they are trying to say that all pregnancies are ‘non-viable’ before the second trimester and therefore it doesn’t matter. Of course, that is just one opinion of many and only one I hear to justify abortion that is never used outside abortion, but the fun of assuming you’re conclusion is you don’t need to justify why you believe something.
                  AFAIK, trimesters have no medical significance whatsoever and are purely a convenient separation of the pregnancy by an easily divisible number. So if they're actually using the first-second trimester delineation as a measurement for viability, then their criteria is wholly arbitrary.
                  I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

No, but because the fetus is not considered to be a human life at which point the mother has the right to decide what is in the best interests of her and her families lives.
                    So, if it's not a human life, what kind of life is it? Jimmy, honey, you really need to leave these arguments to people who can argue them intelligently.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                      AFAIK, trimesters have no medical significance whatsoever and are purely a convenient separation of the pregnancy by an easily divisible number. So if they're actually using the first-second trimester delineation as a measurement for viability, then their criteria is wholly arbitrary.
                      No, you're wrong - the "blob of cells" magically and mysteriously suddenly becomes a human life on the first day of the second trimester. That's written down somewhere.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        No, you're wrong - the "blob of cells" magically and mysteriously suddenly becomes a human life on the first day of the second trimester. That's written down somewhere.
                        Well, if it wasn't before it certainly is now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
                          Well, if it wasn't before it certainly is now.

That's the beauty of typing instead of just talking!

Comment

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                            Oh I agree they are trying to mud up the waters, but few pro abortionist are consistent with their logic. If a pregnant women is excited about a pregnancy that she just found out about at 6 weeks pregnant, do they congratulate her or simply shrug their shoulders and say things like, ‘A baby, don’t you mean fetus?’ I doubt it, thus the inconsistency. It is only a ‘blob of cells’ when attempting to justify abortion.
                            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                              But you and Tass have both conceded that the vast majority of abortions are not performed for health reasons.
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I do! Do you?

(oh, and the ones I go to -- nobody gets dead)

Comment