Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Joe Biden, Me Too..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    He may genuinely not have recognized it as a problem... which would make it a hell of a lot worse.
    He's also saying that there will be more women coming forth.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      But only by obscure... right-wing... er,
      along with the Daily Caller, the Gawker and Britain's Daily Mail. In fact it was so widely known that even the satirical news site The Onion did a parody a full decade ago

[ATTACH=CONFIG]36104[/ATTACH]
      It has been sporadically reported over the years, but we have never been subjected to the extensive wall-to-wall coverage that we would have gotten if he was a Republican.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• I don't think Uncle Joe has evil intentions, and there's really no evidence he's a sexual predator - he's just overly tactile.
        That being said, he's a victim of his own party's obsession with hunting witches, so he's fair game.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          I don't think Uncle Joe has evil intentions, and there's really no evidence he's a sexual predator - he's just overly tactile.
          That being said, he's a victim of his own party's obsession with hunting witches, so he's fair game.
          It is also really hard to believe that he's just now hearing about people talking about how creepy his handsy habit is.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• So, the liberals are very much like the Taliban....

Creepy, handsy Uncle Joe Biden, who had the temerity to hug, kiss and space-invade a smattering of unsuspecting women and girls — some of whom dug it while a few felt “uncomfortable,’’ if not exactly violated — is guilty. But of what, exactly?

Weird Joe, who’s been showing keen affection to members of the fairer sex since before he became a big Democratic macher, has done the unforgivable in this humorless age. He’s shown genuine human warmth of the male variety to females in the scary era of #MeToo. And he’s demonstrated that the vast suspicion, bordering on hatred, of men — even dudes on the political left — is a force so powerful, he has only one choice: Pack in your presidential hopes, Joe, and repent. The feminists of America are coming for you with torches and pitchforks.

The insanity has spread like measles. Once, a man who gave a lady a friendly pat, a shoulder rub or an encouraging peck on the noggin was either thanked profusely, *ignored or simply asked to stop.

Women, it was presumed, weren’t so powerless as to be *unable to avoid unasked-for contact. Whatever happened to telling a pesky guy to scram? That is no longer an option.

All this insane #MeToo extremism, anti-Christian bigotry, anti-humor (can't tell fat jokes, jokes with any hint of racism, jokes that are seen as homophobic...) I like what this author said "The insanity has spread like measles".
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              It is also really hard to believe that he's just now hearing about people talking about how creepy his handsy habit is.
              I think there was a whole lot of "shucks, that's just Joe!" and he got a pass because he is, supposedly, so "pro-woman". It's a crazy crazy world.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                So, the liberals are very much like the Taliban....

The insanity has spread like measles. Once, a man who gave a lady a friendly pat, a shoulder rub or an encouraging peck on the noggin was either thanked profusely, *ignored or simply asked to stop.
                A friendly pat, maybe. But "a shoulder rub or an encouraging peck"? When has that ever been acceptable in US culture? Particularly with someone you're not on intimate terms with like a coworker, subordinate, or a coworker's wife. And certainly not little girls outside of your family! (I also like how the author subtly blames the victims for not telling a creep like Biden to back off.)

This isn't hyper-"metoo"-ism or holding someone to an unfair standard, it's Gropin' Joe FINALLY being called out for behaviour that hasn't been acceptable for decades, if it ever was acceptable.

Comment

A friendly pat, maybe. But "a shoulder rub or an encouraging peck"? When has that ever been acceptable in US culture? Particularly with someone you're not on intimate terms with like a coworker, subordinate, or a coworker's wife. And certainly not little girls outside of your family! (I also like how the author subtly blames the victims for not telling a creep like Biden to back off.)

This isn't hyper-"metoo"-ism or holding someone to an unfair standard, it's Gropin' Joe FINALLY being called out for behaviour that hasn't been acceptable for decades, if it ever was acceptable.
                  Come on, Bro, he's just embodying make privilege! It will help in his presidential campaign, should he decide to run.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                    The hypocrisy has nothing to do with being Evangelical. It is, in fact, the antithesis of what Evangelical Christian faith teaches.

Jim
                    Oh really! If it wasn't for the Evangelicals Trump would not be in power. " Ye shall know them by their fruits. ... By their fruits you will know them". Matthew 7:16
                    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                      I don't like Trump, and am not a supporter (I didn't vote for him, don't plan to in 2020). I find his "grab" comment immoral and lecherous.

That said, while I still don't think Biden is a predator, the more I think about this the more I think his "affection" is inappropriate and he needs to knock it off.
                      I agree with you entirely. And so does Joe Biden, he's said as much.
                      “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
                        Oh really! If it wasn't for the Evangelicals Trump would not be in power. " Ye shall know them by their fruits. ... By their fruits you will know them". Matthew 7:16
                        Better Trump than Hillary.

Comment

Better Trump than Hillary.
                          Hillary is still not president! Enough said...
                          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                            Hillary is still not president! Enough said...
                            The undemocratic, aurthoritarian, criminal, treasonous, con man, is. Nough said!

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                              The undemocratic, aurthoritarian, criminal, treasonous, con man, is. Nough said!
                              James, you came out from hiding!
                              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                                Good to see you back, Jim.

Comment