Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Joe Biden, Me Too..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seer View Post
    No Jim, I posted this for one reason - I like seeing leftists eat their own.
    i see ...
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

And now Biden trots out the "I don't remember things the same way" excuse!

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-the-same-way/
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
        The typical expressions seen so far in this thread exist for one reason and one reason only - Joe Biden is a Democrat.

Most of you are hostile to this sort of accusation, especially if levied against a Trump supporter or republican , you crucified accusers of Kavanaugh even though he was accused of MUCH worse behaviors.

Many older men are genuinely affectionate people, and our culture, at least in the past, allowed for that affection to be expressed physically more so between the opposite sex than the same sex.

Many sexual predators have in fact hidden behind that simple fact.

I do not know if Joe Biden is a 'creepy, handsy old man' or just an affectionate sort of fellow that sees himself as a kind of grandpa to anyone younger than himself that he is working with. But I see no reason to assume it is something predatory unless there is evidence of more serious social gaffs than this. And the hypocrisy of maligning him over this, while spending thread after thread and post after post maligning the accusers of Kavanaugh is really quite striking.

Jjim
        For the record, speaking for myself, dude could be a Libertarian and I'd still call this crap out. As for Kavanaugh... I'm not convinced the Big K was innocent, but all we had was a decades-old, "He Said, She Said," situation that the Dems blew out of control into a royally screwed up situation (bit of tactical brilliance on their part; take a problematic event in a guy's past and overplay it to rile up the Republicans so they put some milquetoast jackass in the seat instead of a REAL threat).

As for the, "Overly Affectionate Grandpa," thing? Yeah, color me skeptical. He may not be the most observant fellow in his venerable state, but typically when someone backs away... that means, "No touchy."
        Last edited by Chaotic Void; 03-31-2019, 12:14 PM.
        Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

The typical expressions seen so far in this thread exist for one reason and one reason only - Joe Biden is a Democrat.

Most of you are hostile to this sort of accusation, especially if levied against a Trump supporter or republican , you crucified accusers of Kavanaugh even though he was accused of MUCH worse behaviors.

Many older men are genuinely affectionate people, and our culture, at least in the past, allowed for that affection to be expressed physically more so between the opposite sex than the same sex.

Many sexual predators have in fact hidden behind that simple fact.

I do not know if Joe Biden is a 'creepy, handsy old man' or just an affectionate sort of fellow that sees himself as a kind of grandpa to anyone younger than himself that he is working with. But I see no reason to assume it is something predatory unless there is evidence of more serious social gaffs than this. And the hypocrisy of maligning him over this, while spending thread after thread and post after post maligning the accusers of Kavanaugh is really quite striking.

Jjim
          We have photos of Uncle Joe pawing women many of which show the "benefactors" of his affection with looks of extreme discomfort. OTOH, with Kavanaugh we had an account chock full of contradictions not to mention more holes than Swiss cheese. So yeah, they're completely comparable

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
            This behaviour is wrong when performed by anyone from any side of the political spectrum. What's telling is the hypocrisy of the left in defending it in their own and making a huge outcry about it when it is someone from another political party doing it.

My husband is 73 years old, and he has never behaved the way Biden does with his own granddaughter, let alone any other children. I take offence at Jim saying that all older men behave this way.

I didn't say all. I said:

Source: oxmixmudd

© Copyright Original Source

And to be fair, it would have been more accurate to say some to avoid over generalizing, though I have known many good, decent men that where older and also affectionate in this sort of a way.

This is why it is so devastating if we suddenly find out someone acting this way is in fact a predator, because it limits the capacity for people to interact with genuine, non-sexualized, affection, which when it comes down to it, we all actually need. It really goes to how much trust there is between the individuals involved.

I have been involved over the years in many Operas and plays. It is quite normal in that environment for people give lots of hugs to each other, maybe back rubs or being close. Its all about the stress of performing and the need for encouragement.

What Biden did to the senator - up to the kiss - would be a big fat nothing for that sort of environment (on the campaign trail, working together, performing together). The kiss is what gets a little uncomfortable I think. At the same time, the complainant is just way over the top unless he pursued her or did more than what is described. And I definitely don't see it as so out of bounds he should be crucified for it as long as there is no evidence he's ever acted beyond that or in a predatory way. I have been around too many that were that affectionate for whom it meant nothing other than that they wanted the person to know they were with them, behind them, cheering them on.

I wonder how he'd feel if someone did what Biden is doing in that clip to his own granddaughter.

I would depend on a lot of factors mossross. This day and age we have to be careful, so it would show ignorance on his part. But it looks mostly harmless to me as long as what's in the clip is the whole of what he did. That said, I wouldn't leave him alone with her out of an abundance of caution because sometimes that sort of behavior can be an indicator of a problem.

Jim
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
              For the record, speaking for myself, dude could be a Libertarian and I'd still call this crap out. As for Kavanaugh... I'm not convinced the Big K was innocent, but all we had was a decades-old, "He Said, She Said," situation that the Dems blew out of control into a royally screwed up situation (bit of tactical brilliance on their part; take a problematic event in a guy's past and overplay it to rile up the Republicans so they put some milquetoast jackass in the seat instead of a REAL threat).

As for the, "Overly Affectionate Grandpa," thing? Yeah, color me skeptical. He may not be the most observant fellow in his venerable state, but typically when someone backs away... that means, "No touchy."
              you are correct - in this day and time. That said, I see NOTHING abnormal about what he did. I have known so many older people that just simply loved children. It is sad and sick that in this day and age every physical act of affection must be seen as sexual. And to condemn him I would need to condemn many of my aunts and uncles who behaved in a similar way and who were good people and NEVER acted or intended anything bad by acting that way.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
                ...(bit of tactical brilliance on their part; take a problematic event in a guy's past and overplay it to rile up the Republicans so they put some milquetoast jackass in the seat instead of a REAL threat).
                Eh, I don't see that. It's not like Kavanaugh was on the bubble until the accusations galvanized support behind him. If he was who the Democrats really wanted then all they had to do was not oppose him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  I think it's interesting how liberals vilify Trump for something he merely said but are quick to excuse Joe Biden for something he has actually done, and for which there is copious photographic and video evidence.

And by the way, "It's just Joe being Joe" (or variations like "All older men act that way") is a terrible excuse. As I've said before, if a man ever treated my wife or daughter the way I've seen Biden behave in pictures, I would have some words with him at the very least and would probably have to stop my wife from clobbering him.
                  Ever since the 90s when I attended my first company wide sexual harassment seminar/class it was made abundantly clear that engaging in the sort of physical contact that Biden routinely does was considered verboten in the extreme. It is inconceivable in the extreme that this has not been brought to Biden's attention at least once (especially considering the numerous articles discussing it and how long photos have been made into a meme of sorts), but he has evidently decided to ignore it and continue.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    Ever since the 90s when I attended my first company wide sexual harassment seminar/class it was made abundantly clear that engaging in the sort of physical contact that Biden routinely does was considered verboten in the extreme. It is inconceivable in the extreme that this has not been brought to Biden's attention at least once (especially considering the numerous articles discussing it and how long photos have been made into a meme of sorts), but he has evidently decided to ignore it and continue.
                    In the mid-90s, I worked with a news director who was very nearly sued simply for addressing one of his female reporters as "babe".

Comment

you are correct - in this day and time. That said, I see NOTHING abnormal about what he did. I have known so many older people that just simply loved children. It is sad and sick that in this day and age every physical act of affection must be seen as sexual. And to condemn him I would need to condemn many of my aunts and uncles who behaved in a similar way and who were good people and NEVER acted or intended anything bad by acting that way.

Jim
                      Eh? I know even to this day there are places and cultures where physical affection is common, but the difference between affection and assault is still consent.

But still, you don't have to condemn good people in order to take a shot at Dirty Joe here. As you said earlier, it's a case-by-case basis.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        Eh, I don't see that. It's not like Kavanaugh was on the bubble until the accusations galvanized support behind him. If he was who the Democrats really wanted then all they had to do was not oppose him.
                        Yeah, but with the virtue-signalling grandstand approach they don't look like sellouts to their supporters.

Comment

Biden in action: https://www.facebook.com/wegotinjunt...6562181074036/

Comment

Jim
                            Really? You have uncles who paw at and sniff the hair of little girls they've just met as the girls uncomfortably squirm and try to get away?

Comment

Jim
                              Exactly.

It's not as though he was boasting about grabbing women's genitals, is it. Or gloating about how he just starts kissing beautiful women without asking. "It's like a magnet. I just kiss. I don't even wait".

Big difference between that and Biden's well-meaning avuncular behavior.
                              “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
                                Exactly.

It's not as though he was boasting about grabbing women's genitals, is it. Or gloating about how he just starts kissing beautiful women without asking. "It's like a magnet. I just kiss. I don't even wait".

Big difference between that and Biden's well-meaning avuncular behavior.
                                Hmmm... Trump's mere words versus what we've actually seen Uncle Joe do on camera in full view of the public. Gee, that's a tough one...

Ah, but ol' Joe is just on overly affectionate old man who crosses the line in public because he doesn't know any better. I'm sure he's the perfect gentlemen once he has them in the privacy of his office. No, really.

Comment