Thread: Joe Biden, Me Too..

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    Oops...

Breaking: Former Democratic lawmaker says Joe Biden behaved inappropriately with her

I felt him get closer to me from behind. He leaned further in and inhaled my hair. I was mortified. I thought to myself, "I didn't wash my hair today and the vice-president of the United States is smelling it. And also, what in the actual Attachment 35976? Why is the vice-president of the United States smelling my hair?"

He proceeded to plant a big slow kiss on the back of my head. My brain couldn't process what was happening. I was embarrassed. I was shocked. I was confused. There is a Spanish saying, "tragame tierra," it means, "earth, swallow me whole." I couldn't move and I couldn't say anything.

I wanted nothing more than to get Biden away from me. My name was called and I was never happier to get on stage in front of an audience.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/biden-sexual-harassment

Moderated By: rogue06

Such language is not permitted

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
    Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

The typical expressions seen so far in this thread exist for one reason and one reason only - Joe Biden is a Democrat.

Most of you are hostile to this sort of accusation, especially if levied against a Trump supporter or republican , you crucified accusers of Kavanaugh even though he was accused of MUCH worse behaviors.

Many older men are genuinely affectionate people, and our culture, at least in the past, allowed for that affection to be expressed physically more so between the opposite sex than the same sex.

Many sexual predators have in fact hidden behind that simple fact.

I do not know if Joe Biden is a 'creepy, handsy old man' or just an affectionate sort of fellow that sees himself as a kind of grandpa to anyone younger than himself that he is working with. But I see no reason to assume it is something predatory unless there is evidence of more serious social gaffs than this. And the hypocrisy of maligning him over this, while spending thread after thread and post after post maligning the accusers of Kavanaugh is really quite striking.

Jjim
    OK - maybe there are 'some' friends

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    The typical expressions seen so far in this thread exist for one reason and one reason only - Joe Biden is a Democrat.

Most of you are hostile to this sort of accusation, especially if levied against a Trump supporter or republican , you crucified accusers of Kavanaugh even though he was accused of MUCH worse behaviors.

Many older men are genuinely affectionate people, and our culture, at least in the past, allowed for that affection to be expressed physically more so between the opposite sex than the same sex.

I do not know if Joe Biden is a 'creepy, handsy old man' or just an affectionate sort of fellow that sees himself as a kind of grandpa to anyone younger than himself that he is working with. But I see no reason to assume it is something predatory unless there is evidence of more serious social gaffs than this. And the hypocrisy of maligning him over this, while spending thread after thread and post after post maligning the accusers of Kavanaugh is really quite striking.

Jjim
    No Jim, I posted this for one reason - I like seeing leftists eat their own.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Jjim
    And how much documented proof was there that Kaganaugh did any of the things he had been accused of? How much evidence is there of Biden doing the things heís accused of? Letís start there and move along.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I think it's interesting how liberals vilify Trump for something he merely said but are quick to excuse Joe Biden for something he has actually done, and for which there is copious photographic and video evidence.

And by the way, "It's just Joe being Joe" (or variations like "All older men act that way") is a terrible excuse. As I've said before, if a man ever treated my wife or daughter the way I've seen Biden behave in pictures, I would have some words with him at the very least and would probably have to stop my wife from clobbering him.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    This behaviour is wrong when performed by anyone from any side of the political spectrum. What's telling is the hypocrisy of the left in defending it in their own and making a huge outcry about it when it is someone from another political party doing it.

My husband is 73 years old, and he has never behaved the way Biden does with our own granddaughter, let alone any other children. I take offence at Jim saying that all older men behave this way.

I wonder how he'd feel if someone did what Biden is doing in that clip to his own granddaughter.
    Last edited by mossrose; 03-31-2019 at 10:19 AM.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    No Jim, I posted this for one reason - I like seeing leftists eat their own.
    i see ...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    And now Biden trots out the "I don't remember things the same way" excuse!

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-the-same-way/
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Jjim
    For the record, speaking for myself, dude could be a Libertarian and I'd still call this crap out. As for Kavanaugh... I'm not convinced the Big K was innocent, but all we had was a decades-old, "He Said, She Said," situation that the Dems blew out of control into a royally screwed up situation (bit of tactical brilliance on their part; take a problematic event in a guy's past and overplay it to rile up the Republicans so they put some milquetoast jackass in the seat instead of a REAL threat).

As for the, "Overly Affectionate Grandpa," thing? Yeah, color me skeptical. He may not be the most observant fellow in his venerable state, but typically when someone backs away... that means, "No touchy."
    Last edited by Chaotic Void; 03-31-2019 at 10:14 AM.
    Mercenary Maxim 37: There is No 'Overkill.' There is merely 'Open Fire,' and 'I need to Reload.'

9. Amen Cerebrum123 amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Jjim
    We have photos of Uncle Joe pawing women many of which show the "benefactors" of his affection with looks of extreme discomfort. OTOH, with Kavanaugh we had an account chock full of contradictions not to mention more holes than Swiss cheese. So yeah, they're completely comparable

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    This behaviour is wrong when performed by anyone from any side of the political spectrum. What's telling is the hypocrisy of the left in defending it in their own and making a huge outcry about it when it is someone from another political party doing it.

My husband is 73 years old, and he has never behaved the way Biden does with his own granddaughter, let alone any other children. I take offence at Jim saying that all older men behave this way.

I didn't say all. I said:

Source: oxmixmudd

© Copyright Original Source

And to be fair, it would have been more accurate to say some to avoid over generalizing, though I have known many good, decent men that where older and also affectionate in this sort of a way.

This is why it is so devastating if we suddenly find out someone acting this way is in fact a predator, because it limits the capacity for people to interact with genuine, non-sexualized, affection, which when it comes down to it, we all actually need. It really goes to how much trust there is between the individuals involved.

I have been involved over the years in many Operas and plays. It is quite normal in that environment for people give lots of hugs to each other, maybe back rubs or being close. Its all about the stress of performing and the need for encouragement.

What Biden did to the senator - up to the kiss - would be a big fat nothing for that sort of environment (on the campaign trail, working together, performing together). The kiss is what gets a little uncomfortable I think. At the same time, the complainant is just way over the top unless he pursued her or did more than what is described. And I definitely don't see it as so out of bounds he should be crucified for it as long as there is no evidence he's ever acted beyond that or in a predatory way. I have been around too many that were that affectionate for whom it meant nothing other than that they wanted the person to know they were with them, behind them, cheering them on.

I wonder how he'd feel if someone did what Biden is doing in that clip to his own granddaughter.

I would depend on a lot of factors mossross. This day and age we have to be careful, so it would show ignorance on his part. But it looks mostly harmless to me as long as what's in the clip is the whole of what he did. That said, I wouldn't leave him alone with her out of an abundance of caution because sometimes that sort of behavior can be an indicator of a problem.

Jim