Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Joe Biden, Me Too..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Hmmm... Trump's mere words versus what we've actually seen Uncle Joe do on camera in full view of the public. Gee, that's a tough one...

Ah, but ol' Joe is just on overly affectionate old man who crosses the line in public because he doesn't know any better. I'm sure he's the perfect gentlemen once he has them in the privacy of his office. No, really.
    What i saw with that kid ive seen hundreds of times with good people just simply expressing the joy and affection they have around all children. To try to turn that clip into some sort of evidence biden has a problem is sick MM. you could find videos like that of uncles and aunts and grandparents in almost any southern household. I dont know many times i was annoyed as a little kid by an relative acting like that. I would have pulled away too. It meant nothing sexually. Nada. Zip.

If biden has a problem, THAT video of him with the kid is NOT the smoking gun.

Ask yourself this. Why can older people that are sexual predators hide behind that sort of behavior?

Because it is normally NOT an indication of a problem! That's why.

Understand my issue here has to with the fact you are using what is well within normal bounds to try to implicate someone you dont like. And my issue with this is all the normal, good people that are also maligned by your comments about biden based on this video.

So go find a video of him doing something that wouldn't implicate 50% of the aunts, uncles , and grandparents in this country and you might have a point worth making.

Jim
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 04-01-2019, 07:49 AM.
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
      What i saw with that kid ive seen hundreds of times with good people just simply expressing the joy and affection they have around all children.
      Right... "joy and affection"...

awkwardhug.jpg
      biden-getting-handsy.jpg
      ht1JcE3.jpg
      Joe-Biden5.jpg
      bid.jpg

And this was just a harmless practical joke:

Al+Franken+Leeann+Tweeden+airplane.jpg

I dont know many times i was annoyed as a little kid by an relative acting like that. I would have pulled away too.
      The kids in those pictures and videos are not relatives, they are complete strangers to him, and if you had uncles that behaved that way around young children they had just met then I hope your parents had the good sense to tell you to steer clear of them at family gatherings.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Right... "joy and affection"...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]36004[/ATTACH]
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]36005[/ATTACH]
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]36006[/ATTACH]
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]36007[/ATTACH]
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]36008[/ATTACH]
        So - why didn't you post all those pictures instead of a single video of Biden doing what half the grandparents and uncles and aunts do? My point still stands, that one video does not an accusation make, and what he was doing in that video is not an issue.

As for the pictures:

Pictures capture an instant. That soccer player whose picture of a high kick was brandished about the web? That was just an instant. But that instant captured on film and it's a fairly exposing picture. And apparently some people made lewd comments about it. If Biden is overly friendly with kids, of course I"d be cautious, but of course there will also be pics capturing instants that look like they could be compromising. But it doesn't make him a pervert or a predator.

To make the sort of insinuations you are making, you need a lot more that some pictures of him hugging kids or with his arm around a kid.

And this was just a harmless practical joke:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]36009[/ATTACH]
        And that is not Biden.

The kids in those pictures and videos are not relatives, they are complete strangers to him, and if you had uncles that behaved that way around young children they had just met then I hope your parents had the good sense to tell you to steer clear of them at family gatherings.
        I'm sorry MM. You need a lot more than this to have the right to try to ruin a mans reputation. None of those parents are accusing Biden of anything. Nothing he has done in those pictures violates any law or indicates he is a pedophile. In a different time - the time Biden hails from - we would have been seen his actions as sweet, not perverse. In the 60's, 70's, and 80's you always heard that one of the things a politician does to ingratiate himself with his constituency was to 'kiss the babies', or otherwise dote over their children.

You are eating dung at the bottom of a barrel.

Find something more substantial if you feel you must malign the man in this way.

Jim
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

55931092_656150998155152_5625033317981093888_n.jpg
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

So - why didn't you post all those pictures instead of a single video of Biden doing what half the grandparents and uncles and aunts do?
            I reject your premise that this is just normal behavior for older people. My aunts and uncles never did anything like that, and I don't personally know of any older people who treat children they've just met in that manner.

I'm sorry MM. You need a lot more than this to have the right to try to ruin a mans reputation.
            Says the hypocrite who was all over the false accusations against Kavanaugh and has been quick to condemn President Trump despite the complete lack of evidence that he did anything wrong.

Meanwhile, we have actual pictures and video of Biden...

Comment

I reject your premise that this is just normal behavior for older people. My aunts and uncles never did anything like that, and I don't personally know of any older people who treat children they've just met in that manner.
              I can know what my experience is MM. You trying to insinuate I'm lying?

Says the hypocrite
              The best you can hope for there is pot calling the kettle.

who was all over the false accusations against Kavanaugh and has been quick to condemn President Trump despite the complete lack of evidence that he did anything wrong.
              No evidence trump did anything wrong?

In THIS particular realm all I need say are 'Access Hollywood' and 'Stormy Daniels Payoff'. Your definition of 'wrong' is conveniently different for Trump than it is for Biden (see also definition of hypocrite)

Meanwhile, we have actual pictures and video of Biden...
              Your 'pictures and video' are of biden cozying up to kids In public with the parents watching him. You're just sick to paint that the way you are.

There were several women claming Kavanaugh broke the law sexually abusing them, and evidence of past party behavior in the time frame consistent with the accusations. And at first, I reacted much the same way (see definition of hypocrite again) to the Kavanaugh accusations as I am to the Biden accusations, until more women surfaced and the nature of the allegations made it clear this could not be a mistake or over-reaction on her part.

My objection here is the insinuation that his actions with children imply something overtly sexual or perverse. By themselves they simply do not. Coupled with the Senators accusation they are just as likely to indicate a person that is affectionate and a little confused about proper boundaries as a person that is perverse. IF accusations of clear improper behavior with children, or more serious lapses that cross the line into sexual harassment with women surface, then we might have a reason to suspect his behavior with children.

Jim
              Last edited by oxmixmudd; 04-01-2019, 11:41 AM.

Comment

I don't think Joe Biden is a pedophile or sexual predator. I just think he is creepy as hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  I don't think Joe Biden is a pedophile or sexual predator. I just think he is creepy as hell.
                  I think it's oblivious at the very least, and probably inappropriate (especially given the modern climate). I don't think he's a sexual predator either, though.
                  I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    Then there are the stories of him swimming naked in the presence of female secret service agents who found it highly inappropriate and offensive.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/23699...-ryan-saavedra

Comment

I can know what my experience is MM. You trying to insinuate I'm lying?
                      I never said you're lying. I just said that I hope your parents had the good sense to warn to keep away from any aunts and uncles who had the perverse habit of inappropriately touching young children they had just met. I'm sorry, but that's simply not normal behavior.

Comment

Then there are the stories of him swimming naked in the presence of female secret service agents who found it highly inappropriate and offensive.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/23699...-ryan-saavedra
                        He is a toxic male.

Comment

So - why didn't you post all those pictures instead of a single video of Biden doing what half the grandparents and uncles and aunts do? My point still stands, that one video does not an accusation make, and what he was doing in that video is not an issue.

As for the pictures:

Pictures capture an instant. That soccer player whose picture of a high kick was brandished about the web? That was just an instant. But that instant captured on film and it's a fairly exposing picture. And apparently some people made lewd comments about it. If Biden is overly friendly with kids, of course I"d be cautious, but of course there will also be pics capturing instants that look like they could be compromising. But it doesn't make him a pervert or a predator.
                          In case you didn't catch it, Biden isn't the grandparent of any of the various women and young girls that he can't keep his hands off of. And the various videos out there make it look much, much worse than the various still images. You get to see the women and especially girls looking extremely uncomfortable as they try to pull away.

No, I don't think he's a sexual predator but he sure comes off as incredibly creepy and considering for how many years various pictures, videos and discussions of Biden's "hands on" nature have been going on his act of sounding like this is all news to him and has come as a shock seems incredibly disingenuous.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I never said you're lying. I just said that I hope your parents had the good sense to warn to keep away from any aunts and uncles who had the perverse habit of inappropriately touching young children they had just met. I'm sorry, but that's simply not normal behavior.
                            probably remembers how I dealt with a particular drunken aunt who seemed to get a kick on sinking her talon-like fingernails into the cheeks of her younger relatives and pinching and twisting for all she was worth. Let's just say my solution was incredibly inappropriate but made me a hero to half my family while mortifying the other half.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                In case you didn't catch it, Biden isn't the grandparent of any of the various women and young girls that he can't keep his hands off of. And the various videos out there make it look much, much worse than the various still images. You get to see the women and especially girls looking extremely uncomfortable as they try to pull away.

No, I don't think he's a sexual predator but he sure comes off as incredibly creepy and considering for how many years various pictures, videos and discussions of Biden's "hands on" nature have been going on his act of sounding like this is all news to him and has come as a shock seems incredibly disingenuous.
                                I had a boss like him back in the 80s. He would walk around and massage peoples shoulders while talking in meeting. I think he thought he was being friendly or fatherly, but it was very awkward. Other than that he was a nice guy.

Comment