Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Biden, Me Too..

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Void View Post
    For the record, speaking for myself, dude could be a Libertarian and I'd still call this crap out. As for Kavanaugh... I'm not convinced the Big K was innocent, but all we had was a decades-old, "He Said, She Said," situation that the Dems blew out of control into a royally screwed up situation (bit of tactical brilliance on their part; take a problematic event in a guy's past and overplay it to rile up the Republicans so they put some milquetoast jackass in the seat instead of a REAL threat).

As for the, "Overly Affectionate Grandpa," thing? Yeah, color me skeptical. He may not be the most observant fellow in his venerable state, but typically when someone backs away... that means, "No touchy."
    you are correct - in this day and time. That said, I see NOTHING abnormal about what he did. I have known so many older people that just simply loved children. It is sad and sick that in this day and age every physical act of affection must be seen as sexual. And to condemn him I would need to condemn many of my aunts and uncles who behaved in a similar way and who were good people and NEVER acted or intended anything bad by acting that way.

Jim
    Jorge's trueorigins paper: "...it is known that other volcanic features match what is usually associated with impact craters including ... shatter cones and crystal deformations"

Planetary Science Institute: "Shatter cones … are found in only two places on Earth, 1) in nuclear test sites and 2) meteorite impact structures. They are formed as a result of the high pressure, high velocity shock wave ...

maximum pressures from 45 to 200 times greater than found in volcanic events (2->20 Gpa)

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Void View Post
    ...(bit of tactical brilliance on their part; take a problematic event in a guy's past and overplay it to rile up the Republicans so they put some milquetoast jackass in the seat instead of a REAL threat).
    Eh, I don't see that. It's not like Kavanaugh was on the bubble until the accusations galvanized support behind him. If he was who the Democrats really wanted then all they had to do was not oppose him.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    I think it's interesting how liberals vilify Trump for something he merely said but are quick to excuse Joe Biden for something he has actually done, and for which there is copious photographic and video evidence.

And by the way, "It's just Joe being Joe" (or variations like "All older men act that way") is a terrible excuse. As I've said before, if a man ever treated my wife or daughter the way I've seen Biden behave in pictures, I would have some words with him at the very least and would probably have to stop my wife from clobbering him.
    Ever since the 90s when I attended my first company wide sexual harassment seminar/class it was made abundantly clear that engaging in the sort of physical contact that Biden routinely does was considered verboten in the extreme. It is inconceivable in the extreme that this has not been brought to Biden's attention at least once (especially considering the numerous articles discussing it and how long photos have been made into a meme of sorts), but he has evidently decided to ignore it and continue.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    Ever since the 90s when I attended my first company wide sexual harassment seminar/class it was made abundantly clear that engaging in the sort of physical contact that Biden routinely does was considered verboten in the extreme. It is inconceivable in the extreme that this has not been brought to Biden's attention at least once (especially considering the numerous articles discussing it and how long photos have been made into a meme of sorts), but he has evidently decided to ignore it and continue.
    In the mid-90s, I worked with a news director who was very nearly sued simply for addressing one of his female reporters as "babe".

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    you are correct - in this day and time. That said, I see NOTHING abnormal about what he did. I have known so many older people that just simply loved children. It is sad and sick that in this day and age every physical act of affection must be seen as sexual. And to condemn him I would need to condemn many of my aunts and uncles who behaved in a similar way and who were good people and NEVER acted or intended anything bad by acting that way.

Jim
    Eh? I know even to this day there are places and cultures where physical affection is common, but the difference between affection and assault is still consent.

But still, you don't have to condemn good people in order to take a shot at Dirty Joe here. As you said earlier, it's a case-by-case basis.
    Mercenary Maxim 37: There is No 'Overkill.' There is merely 'Open Fire,' and 'I need to Reload.'

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Eh, I don't see that. It's not like Kavanaugh was on the bubble until the accusations galvanized support behind him. If he was who the Democrats really wanted then all they had to do was not oppose him.
    Yeah, but with the virtue-signalling grandstand approach they don't look like sellouts to their supporters.
    Mercenary Maxim 37: There is No 'Overkill.' There is merely 'Open Fire,' and 'I need to Reload.'

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Jim
    Really? You have uncles who paw at and sniff the hair of little girls they've just met as the girls uncomfortably squirm and try to get away?

9. Amen mossrose amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Jim
    Exactly.

It's not as though he was boasting about grabbing women's genitals, is it. Or gloating about how he just starts kissing beautiful women without asking. "It's like a magnet. I just kiss. I don't even wait".

Big difference between that and Biden's well-meaning avuncular behavior.
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tassmoron View Post
    Exactly.

It's not as though he was boasting about grabbing women's genitals, is it. Or gloating about how he just starts kissing beautiful women without asking. "It's like a magnet. I just kiss. I don't even wait".

Big difference between that and Biden's well-meaning avuncular behavior.
    Hmmm... Trump's mere words versus what we've actually seen Uncle Joe do on camera in full view of the public. Gee, that's a tough one...

Ah, but ol' Joe is just on overly affectionate old man who crosses the line in public because he doesn't know any better. I'm sure he's the perfect gentlemen once he has them in the privacy of his office. No, really.