Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

The day the asteroid hit...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The day the asteroid hit...

Source: Associated Press

New research released Friday captures a fossilized snapshot of the day nearly 66 million years ago when an asteroid smacked Earth, fire rained from the sky and the ground shook far worse than any modern earthquake.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

Quite a discovery, if it pans out!

Blessings,
    Lee
    "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

Originally posted by lee_merrill View Post
    Source: Associated Press

New research released Friday captures a fossilized snapshot of the day nearly 66 million years ago when an asteroid smacked Earth, fire rained from the sky and the ground shook far worse than any modern earthquake.

Source

Quite a discovery, if it pans out!

Blessings,
    Lee
    I may present a more academic source, but in general nothing new. What is new is the have generated a detail computer simulator model of the impact and its catastrophic effects world wide. This simulator has been applied to a number of impacts. A great deal of evidence is known such as: (1) A detailed study of the impact. (2) Worldwide deposit of tektites in a layer of meteorite debri in many paces. (3) Devastating disruption of the surface across North America.

More to follow concerning the new model simulation.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
      I may present a more academic source, but in general nothing new.
      Well, what is new here is the presence of fossil animals on the day of the impact, which is remarkable.

Blessings,
      Lee
      "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

Comment

Originally posted by lee_merrill View Post
        Well, what is new here is the presence of fossil animals on the day of the impact, which is remarkable.

Blessings,
        Lee
        Yes, this is the first time an extensive fossil deposit has been found related to the meteor strick.

Comment

How would they know it dates from that particular day?
          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
            Well, they found evidence of an impact in the fossils:

Source: AP

The researchers say they found evidence in North Dakota of the asteroid hit in Mexico, including fish with hot glass in their gills from flaming debris that showered back down on Earth. They also reported the discovery of charred trees, evidence of an inland tsunami and melted amber.

Separately, University of Amsterdam's Jan Smit disclosed that he and his colleagues even found dinosaur footsteps from just before their demise.

And I would assume they dated the site to about the time of the Chicxulub crater.

Blessings,
            Lee

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
              Also in different places all around the world there is a distinctive clay layer containing tektites and Iridium associated with the meteorite impact and the end of the Cretaceous Period. This discovery is associated with this layer. Also all the large Dinosaurs and other animals perished at this time, and are not found above this layer.

Comment

dinosaurs.jpg

Comment