Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Banning Chick-fil-A is not only bigoted -- it�s illegal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

They even STATED it's because of Chick-Fil-A's owner's religious beliefs.

You can keep saying it til the cows come home, but the anti-Christian bigots are on record as being against Chick-Fil-A's owner's personal religious beliefs.
    They said -
    "San Antonio is a city full of compassion, and we do not have room in our public facilities for a business with a legacy of anti-LGBTQ behavior,"
    Did they mention Christian beliefs? If so, what did they say?

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
      Did they mention Christian beliefs? If so, what did they say?
      You remind me of the scene in A Few Good Men where they're discussing Code Reds, and the fact that they're not in any official manual. At this point, Lt Kaffee asks Cpl Barnes to show where the Mess Hall is in the manuals.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• So, for the record, their sanctimonious bonehead ignorant anti-Christian bigoted statement was actually...

This "champion of equality and inclusion" shows its inclusiveness by EXCLUDING a fast food restaurant. Yeah Them!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

So, for the record, their sanctimonious bonehead ignorant anti-Christian bigoted statement was actually...

This "champion of equality and inclusion" shows its inclusiveness by EXCLUDING a fast food restaurant. Yeah Them!

Comment

• And now, time for a little humor....

Comment

• Without their sincerely held religious beliefs, there would be ZERO controversy.

Nope, I'm operating a powerboat, and you're just ing along behind.

Comment

• It's time to forgive Chick-Fil-A!!!!!

allen cfa.jpg

So, by NOT allowing CFA at San Antonio's airport, they're depriving the very audience they claim to support of the chicken sandwiches they love!

You can't make this stuff up.

Comment

• The Unlawful Campaign against Chick-fil-A

Comment

• A couple of very large financial settlements might wake up these woke persons.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      A couple of very large financial settlements might wake up these woke persons.
                      Unfortunately, wouldn't it be the cities (hence, the taxpayers) who pay for their bigoted foolishness?

Comment

• The straight up teaching of the Christian faith, what the Bible itself says, is that LBGTQ behavior is immoral. So to condemn people for believing LBGTQ behavior is immoral, you are, in fact, anti-Christian, and likely anti-orthodox Jewish and possibly conservative Jewish, though I've not seen them singled out. And I realize that for most there is little comfort in the idea Christians as a whole do not believe being oriented that way is itself immoral because most don't believe it makes sense to ask people that are oriented that way not to act on it. Nevertheless, the bottom line is that a very large number of Christians hold to the belief the behavior is immoral. And, in fact, the reason Chic-Fil-A has tended to give to organizations that are anti-LBGTQ as the LBGTQ community perceives it is because, in fact, the owners are Christian.

As I said a while back in another thread, there is NOT this sort of backlash against the Muslim community in the US, which ALSO, and perhaps even more firmly, believes LBGTQ behavior is wrong. And I'm not sure they make the distinction between the person and the behavior that Christians do. And further, as can be seen in the passing of the laws against it overseas, with the penalty in some cases being death by STONING, it is rather hypocritical to lean ONLY on Christians (in the US) over this issue.

Jim
                        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                          As I said a while back in another thread, there is NOT this sort of backlash against the Muslim community in the US, which ALSO, and perhaps even more firmly, believes LBGTQ behavior is wrong.
                          That has always amazed me - but the Muslims are much better at hiding their actual beliefs. The two hot buttons in the US are, currently, anti-woman and anti-LBGTQ, where Islam has a wretched and horrid history. I can only imagine the backlash if any public official (city council or whatever) opposed a Muslim owned restaurant from opening solely on the beliefs or opinions of the owners.

Comment

Without their sincerely held religious beliefs, there would be ZERO controversy.

Nope, I'm operating a powerboat, and you're just ing along behind.
                            And there was me stripping down to my underpants and hunting around for the nearest lifebuoy. Not to worry.

You may be interested in a recent article in Slate, from which I now quote:

I, for one, am not convinced that chicken sandwiches and Christianity ought to be so closely bound.

Comment

You may be interested in a recent article in Slate, from which I now quote:
                              I am fully aware that the arrogant bigoted pinheads who pander to the GLBTQXYZ community are actually stealing "choice" from the very people they pretend to care about.

I, for one, am not convinced that chicken sandwiches and Christianity ought to be so closely bound.
                              I'm glad this little exercise has brought you to your senses. I think I'll go have a Chick-Fil-A sandwich in your honor.

("this belt is a fence around a chicken graveyard")

Comment

But, but, but... Jesus said,

Luke 13:34
                                O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, which killest the prophets, and stonest them that are sent unto thee; how often would I have gathered thy children together, as a hen doth gather her brood under her wings, and ye would not!

Comment